What was the last TF episode you watched and how would you rate it out of 10?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 268 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The last episode I watched was TF cybertron: episode 4 landmine. I’ll give it 6/10, it was a bit boring at times and the humans are pretty annoying but it was still pretty enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Last one I watched was "Thunderhowl" from Cyberverse. I'd give it a 9/10 for the awesome interpretation of Crystal City, Thunderhowl's a great character, and Bumblebee and Chromia have a fantastic dynamic. The only fault in my eyes is the slight ex machina of Bee's new ability, but it's only a minor grievance as it's kind of a staple of season 3.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Last full episode was a random episode of Cyberverse that somehow popped up in my YouTube recommends, it was about a city of Repugnus-like bots and was a fairly decent take on class warfare. I'd been completely ignoring this series after the first 3 episodes annoyed me, but if the later episodes are this decent, I may need to give it another shot.

Not having seen the rest of the series and thus not having any expectations, I'd give it a 7/10, I guess?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season's 2 and 3 of Cyberverse are actually really good imo. Basically if you didn't really enjoy how the first season was structured the next season's move away from that and focus more on everyone else as well.
    Plus one thing it has over WFC imo is that it knows how to have fun while still trying to tell an interesting story.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The 2nd arc of the 3rd season is probably the best transformers media we’ll ever get aside from the movies and games since prime ended

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

I agree! If you can power through the rest of season 1, the next two are well worth it. You've probably noticed that all the episodes are pretty short, so it doesn't take too much time to get to the good stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  7. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Last I watched was Beast Wars season 1 episode 3 "the web", wasnt that great honestly. Id give it a 5/10 mostly because I watched it yesterday, and have already completely forgotton it for the most part.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Siege and Earthrise... I think I need a drink.

Thank god for the '86 movie though.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    TF cybertron: episode 5 space 6/10 it was enjoyable but bud is a moron and I was really disappointed that they didn’t kill him off

• Like Like x 2
  10. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Eater of Garbage

The Agenda, Part 3: 10/10. Aside from the iconic season finale, I love that scene with Rattrap on the Transwarp cruiser.

EDIT: Actually no, the last one I saw was The Trigger, Part 2. 7/10; it's BWS1 rough but charming, and I just love Tigatron.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    The Core: 3/10. Optimus sure did seem keen on brainwashing the Constructicons. Like, not even a little hesitation.
    I liked that Hook was apparently so good at his craft that he's basically a master surgeon for bots as well. Honestly, I would've loved for more of the Constructicons hanging around the Ark.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Law of the Jungle: 8/10

The Tigatron-centric episodes of Beast Wars are always the best ones, and this is no exception. Snowstalker's death is a uniquely personal tragedy for a character like him, especially given that he's ultimately the one at fault, and though Tigatron ultimately rejoins the Maximals at the end of the episode the anti-war message still rings clear. Dinobot and Tigatron's heart-to-heart is a standout part of the episode: while Tigatron's point of view is sympathetic, Dinobot is ultimately correct because he's thinking pragmatically, focusing on the immediate problem that needs to be dealt with as the Predacons would never be willing to lay down arms the way Tigatron did. The exchange of "Animals only hunt to survive!" "What do you think war is??" isn't just incredibly telling of their personalities and perspectives, it's the ultimate thesis of the episode-- the Beast Wars are not necessarily good, but with an enemy like the Predacons, they are ultimately necessary.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Nemesis Part 2, and it's still brilliant. :cool: 

Not too long ago I had to make a post about two episodes in particular while re-watching Beast Wars and Law of the Jungle was one of them, you may get a kick out of checking out this thread: Laws and mutations

Very well put summary by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Looks like a few of us here are watching Beast Wars. My most recent episode was...The Low Road. It was better than expected for a gimmick/humor episode. The biggest kick I get out of it is thinking about the hypothetical decision to produce the episode:

"Hey, we want a Rhinox-centric episode. Hasbro says he's warming shelves."
    "I've got just the thing. Rhinox catches a cold and will sneeze himself to death. That is, unless the Maximals retrieve the antidote."
    "Genius! Rhinox toys will sell like hot cakes. You get a raise!"

7/10

• Like Like x 1
  15. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

Beast Wars: Transformers - Season 2, Episode 1: Aftermath.

I'd say it was pretty good, definitely an interesting thing for a season premiere episode to be more of a continuation of the previous one's finale than the beginning of its own season, but it was not bad. There were a few things that I noticed, though. I found it odd how only a few of the characters became transmetals, and those who did seemed to be at random with no explanation why they were and the others weren't.

I also was bothered by the fact that two of the characters died and we barely even knew. One of them fell into lava and the other I can't remember if it even showed what happened to him. I didn't notice until later in the episode that Blackarachnia just sort of casually mentions that those two are dead. It bothers me when characters get killed off with barely any acknowledgement, since if there is any moment in a show or movie that you should absolutely focus on, it would be a character's death.

Overall I don't really know how to rate it, maybe 6/10 I guess?

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    There's actually a pattern to who becomes Transmetal and who does not. Character who were "Earth born" are not changed, nor are character who were in CR tanks/chambers. Only unprotected members of the original ten change. (Terrorsaur and Scorponok are in the process of changing when they both fall into lava)

Fun fact: the unceremonious deaths of Terrorsaur and Scorponok was due to the fact that they were both really unpopular characters. Originally Waspinator was going to die instead, but he was such a fan favourite they spared him and sent the other two to gruesome ends. (with a possible backdoor of their Transmetalization saving them, but since nobody missed them they simply stayed dead)

I mean, it's not like the Predacons really care about each other.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    This, and let's be honest: Scorponok and Terrorsaur just didn't have as much to them and nothing would be lost from letting them die. For most of season 1 it seemed like the writers weren't even sure what they wanted to do with the two of them half the time.

18. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

Dang. I would have liked to at least see Terrorsaur go out getting his booty stomped by Megatron, and Scorponok I’ll agree had nothing to his character but I whought he looked cool because he was a scorpion. A transmetal version of him I think would be really awesome. I guess there was a McDonald’s toy of that, so that’s something. Maybe that could get adapted to a legit transmetal form someday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hot head prime

Hot head prime The death trooper who laughs

Animated Human Error 1&2- 8/10

• Like Like x 1
  20. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Tf cybertron episode 6 rush- 7/10 I really like all the velocitron stuff and that line “ you guys practically invented evil” made me laugh out loud

• Like Like x 1