What was enjoyable about TLK

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Gotta love how nitro sounded like randy savage

2. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    the one last surviving Wrecker in Cuba.

3. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what I enjoyed ?

#1 - I really liked quintessa ... particulary her design
    #2 - the birth of nemesis prime sceane
    #3 - the sceane where the knights appear and start to strike optimus
    #4 - the bigger amount of continuity elements

what I didn´t enjoy ?

#1 - the suicide squad rip-off ... it just didn´t work
    #2 - too much original characters ... I like original characters like dino and que but to much is to much ...
    #3 - bumblebee´s voice returning for no reason ...
    #4 - the huge amount of dropped ideas like cogman´s headmaster ability ... optimus and megatron´s backstory ... and many others
    #5 - the overall potencial to connect the films in a cohesive story using the knights that just got wasted

I may update this further if I remember something else either way

4. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I took it as a crack at the guy saying 'Yeah I know your wife and she knows me wink wink!' kinda thing XD

• Like Like x 1
  5. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Exactly. ;) 

6. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

- LOTS of Transformers

- Actual transforming, holy shit

- Robots actually have personalities, even if the humans still get the spotlight

- The music, as usual

- Robot action scenes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    The intro of Nitro Zues was pure gold. If there is anything gained from this film it would be that Decepticons can have awesome personalities and I hope that is expanded on in future films.

8. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    The End Credits.

9. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    What I liked is that we got more screen time and development for the Transformers. I could actually identify the Decepticons this time thanks to their more defined personalities. There were many likeable humans this time around that I didn't mind seeing on screen (excluding a certain few but I'll get to that), and I liked the casual moments with the Autobots in the junkyard. Finally, while it may have been cheesy and predictable, I liked the result of the scene with Optimus and Bumblebee.

As for the things I didn't like. I was disappointed a some things going unexplained like Megatron or how the heck Quintessa was able to brainwash Optimus with a slap. I also didn't like... ugh... Vivian's family. They annoyed me every second they were on screen and ended up giving me Sam's parents flashbacks. I also didn't like the sex joke scenes that dragged on for far too long, especially when they tried throwing in fanservice with Cade and the amulet. Oh god I felt so awkward during that scene and wanted it to end.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Everything regarding the junkyard and the old crew. Especially seeing them just hanging out and playing off each other. Drift training and doing handstands with his sword, Hound talking about eating stuff, the Dinobots lounging around like lazy dogs, Wheelie and Jimmy chilling on the computer, Crosshairs being sarcastic.

And then the team springing into action when they've been discovered. I loved the dividing and conquering. Cade, Crosshairs, Drift, Bee, and Wheelie go to lay a trap in the town. Hound plays defense at the base. The Dinobots secure the perimeter. It was great to watch and I'd happily watch the first third of the film again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I really hated this movie so I'll talk about what I DID like.

1. Izabella Moner is really out of her element. That canopy death scene was high key emotional, and she brought her all pretty well. A shame her character was mostly useless, I actually really liked her.
    2. Some of the story elements were kinda cool. The idea of Transformers chilling in Cuba has potential for a great movie, World War 2 transformers would be AWESOME, and the fact that Transformers just keep coming to Earth is interesting.
    3. I like that the final fight isn't in a city. Cybertron/Earth is a gorgeous setpiece and they do some clever stuff with it.
    4. The IDEA of them negotiating with Megatron is kinda cool. The execution was awful tho (I've already forgot why they were negotiating with him).
    5. Decepticons with personality! That's neat.
    6. I liked Cogman (I wish he did more Headmaster stuff though).
    7. The Prime/Bee fight was surprisingly not awful?
    8. Lennox's line about hearing Megatrons voice in his nightmares was just awesome. Like the idea of humans having PTSD from their interactions with Cybertronians is really cool.
    9. Honestly like two jokes made me laugh. The entire exchange with the chief and Marky Mark sounding racist was genuinely funny, and the whole "That's the watch that killed Hitler" exchange was both awesome and hilarious
    10. "Have you forgotten who I am?"
    DECAPITATES SEVEN DEMONBOTS IN ONE SWORD STROKE
    "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME"
    I came.

That's really it. Aside from that I hope this movie bombs and they reboot this shit.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  12. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Is this a spoiler filled thread? If it is, I'm putting mine in spoiler tags:
    ~ Megatron ordering Infernocus to transform (merge), brought me straight back to G1 - sure, Welker does Megs slightly differently, and there was no Infernocus in G1, that I'm aware of, but the line delivery was very believable ... there was no disconnect in the voice, like Hugo Weaving yelling: "Devastator" from atop the pyramid.

~ Infernocus was a beast of a monster, and had good screen presence.

~ There are bunch of reused shots from TF1, ROTF, as I'm sure the other films as well, but I believe we get a brand new shot of the Pentagon, since the first film.

~ I was amused by Simmons saying the word scrotum again, in this series, haha!

~ Despite some reviewers' claims that the movie is all over the place, and or incoherent, I found it to be very straight forward. Sure, there is some mystery, before things begin to connect, but once they do, the third act is beginning to take shape.

~ The overall message is a positive one. Finally, after the last two, almost three films, the Autobots can be viewed as the heroes, they are (and that's coming from a Decepticon devotee!)

~ Hot Rod's weapon! So effective, yet so humane!

~ The end credits are so short! Probably the shortest of any recent movie.

~ Plenty of Easter eggs to look forward to, once it comes out on Blu-ray. Especially the final battle.

~ Hound's line: I didn't even get to say hi.

~ Optimus acting with resolve.

~ The Autobots running towards the camera is a beautiful shot ... that one truly deserved to be in slo-mo.

~ There is a lot more, I'm just exhausted from the day today, so I'll stop here for now.
    [spoiler/]

13. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the movie forum. It's out in theaters, spoilers are fair game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My fav bit was Barricade interaction with Megatron about the secret Medival Staff.. And when Megatron took the Staff from Prime...