Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, Jun 21, 2017.
1. Autobots characterization
2. Scenes with the decepticons
3. Megatron/frank welker
4. Barricade getting more lines, and not dying
5. Cade and izzy scenes
6. Hot rod and cogman were great
7. Quintessa was creepy
8. Cade saving Optimus with the transforming sword of was surprisingly epic and even touching, thanks mostly to...
9. Steve jablonsky's score
10. End credits scene
11. Bumblebee ww2 backstory
12. Sam witwicky being acknowledged, albeit indirectly
13. Optimus vs. bee
14. Final fight with megatron/ getting Vivian to the staff
15. "Did you forget who I am? I am Optimus prime!"
16. "We were brothers once!"
17. Best ending scene since the first movie
19. Lennox and his clear desire for the autobots and humans to be allies once again but having to make the mission his current priority
20. The transformations
I feel like there is a lot to love with this movie. You just gotta look at the junk and see the treasure
- Cogman was tolerable. The C3PO line was funny and fitting.
- Starscream's cameo
- It was free
- I got free popcorn
- It's Bay's LAST chance to bastardize this franchise.
HTG, that's about it.
Hot Rods Weapon!!!!!!!!!
The Baby Dinobots were surprisingly cute
I loved everything about Nitro Zeus and Mohawk. I couldn't believe I was watching a good Bay directed Decepticon team on screen—until their heads came off.
Seems like Cogman should get a spin-off.
Nitro will live on in all our hearts.
Dude the Franchise was bastardized way before Bay got his hands on it, and will be bastardized long after he's gone.
1 the robot screen time
2 good acting
3 good soundtrack
4 very intense
5 bee vs prime was a shock
6 bee talking
7 megatron holding screamers head
8 drifts scene with the car
9 megatrons scenes
Oh and by the way did anyone noticed that drifts face was changed it looked different from aoe
Junkyard scenes and prison scene. That's about it.
Thoust speaketh the truth. But that is no excuse for what Bay has done in these movies.His pre-teen story arcs, scene splicing and dialog have been brutal to watch. I can only hope a reboot is in order after the Bee movie.
-More bot screentime
-Less toilet humor
-Less sex jokes
-Bumblebee didn't hog the spotlight (if anything Cogman sorta did)
-Returning characters, human and Cybertronian
-No teen romance
-Izabelle wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be
-The deception "Suicide Squad"
-Megatron talking to Starscream's head, there's too few decepticon interactions in the movies.
-Drift, Hound and Crosshairs actually transformed on-screen!
-No stupid Kreo-formers
-Far fewer cringy lines than AOE
-Bee was back to a more Original Trilogy body
-Frank Welker as Megatron
-animation was much more "polished" this time around
-Most characters are named on-screen
-The Shockwave look-alike Zeus.
-Grimlock acting like a scolded dog
-Why did they need to mention the sub was a transformer? They literally do nothing with that.
-A tad too much Cogman in the middle act
-Onslaught going out in like 30 seconds.
-The weird Wrecker hodge-podge bot.
-Evil Optimus was stopped with the power of friendship, that felt really rushed and cheesy.
-Final battle is all over the place and not super coherent. The "lets nuke it!" felt like it was just there so that they could add a few more minutes to the movie. Considering that "magic and hobgoblins" end up working anyways.
Decepticon introduction was genius. I wanted the whole movie to be about them.
Berserker, Dreadbot and Nitro Zeus could have used better names, but they had personality. I did love how TRF basically said "Oh hell no" to the idea of releasing Berserker. That was an unexpected level of wisdom from the human antagonists.
1. The visuals still take my breath away.
2. The final battle was awesome, like a G1 finale. Megatron spamming his fusion cannon, ordering the Infernocons to combine, etc. It was straight-up grand and plain epic.
3. Lots of transformations that looked plausible. Seeing Megatron and Nitro transform together into jets and fly away together was golden. This underscores the development of each Transformers and made them feel important.
4. Nemesis Prime, Izabella, and Sqweeks didn't dominate screen time. Neither did booty shots and crude innuendos.
5. Barricade and Nitro; Cogman and Hot Rod.
6. The plot was engrossing and I so loved it.
7. Simmons, Lennox, Moreshower, and Wheelie return.
8. I needed a dark ages Michael Bay film like yesterday.
9. Megatron. My single most anticipated aspect of the movie and he delivered for the most part. He gratuitously fired his fusion cannon, ordered retreats, and flew vertically in robot mode. He felt like G1 Megatron, all the way down to him being helpless and miserable by the end of the movie. And I loved the reflection with Starscream's severed head.
Same. That moment with starscreams head was amazing.
I think this film did great with showing just how much fun the Autobots and Decepticons can be as characters, it showed they can and should carry their own movie with little human characters…it just didn’t give them the spotlight they deserved throughout the entire film.
-Barricade, Mohawk and Nitro Zeus were a major highlight for me as a Decepticon fan, especially Nitro Zeus dear lord that “Say hello to your WIFE for me!” was one of the funniest shocks for me because I was not expecting a Con to be given a funny line.
At first, I thought that NZ was threatening the guy's family, but the alternate interpretation is funnier, especially coming from a giant robot cyclops.
Separate names with a comma.