What upgrade kits do you wanna see

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Artist When I Feel Like It

News Credits:

Same

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I took mine apart for painting and know exactly what is needed. Trouble is I'm no 3D designer and don't have access to a 3D printer. I tried to make the parts using Greenstuff but just couldn't pull it off successfully.

Anyway, his 'horns' are on a small removable plastic ring inside his head - the head is held together with a screw and 2 pegs as well as being glued, so, of course, the pegs broke when i separated it, BUT, the screw alone is fine tbh. Annoyingly his face is part of the helmet, not a separate piece, so the choices would be either to A) make an entirely new head - it pops off the balljoint just fine - OR just make the front part of the helmet and the new face as one piece to swap out, along with the horns.

Aside from the horns and face, he needs wrist guns/rockets - those can be slid over his arm fins easily enough if you just leave a slit in the top of them. Again, I tried to make some using the caps off ballpoint Bic pens and Greenstuff but couldn't get the slit in the centre right - and thigh skirts. The thigh skirts are kinda simple and kinda tricky at the same time as there are slots in his thighs they could be plugged into but at the same time those slots disappear into the legs in transformation, SO, possibly you could hook them over his hips and just tab them into place in robot mode, leaving them folded underneath the jet in alt-mode.

Obviously he'd need a Greatsword, but I would also like to see new hands that are more like the claws that SS86 Scourge has, since MTMTE Cyclonus has claws just like that.

It's very frustrating not being familiar with or having access to design programs and printers etc :S

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:

I actually know somebody who has the machine and the skills to pull it off, he isn't familiar with transformers so idk if he'd be down to try, but I'ma ask!

Update: he wants to know the dimensions D: wouldn't know how to go about that cause I don't have the figure but he said he can do it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ottertron

News Credits:
    I can do that tomorrow. Leave it with me.

5. Ottertron

News Credits:
    Having watched a couple of SS86 Grimlock videos he doesn't need much but could definitely benefit from a slightly clearer smoked plastic chest piece AND a matching neck one, articulated hands with covers for the holes in the ankles in T-Rex mode and a sword. I'd be tempted to say that new legs with knees and/or fillers for Wheelie would be good too. I wouldn't say no to a bowtie, apron, chefs hat and drinks tray either.... ;-)

*** thinking on, also, fillers for the inside of the dino mouth that give him front teeth and a poseable nozzle for his flamethrower, since the one that's already in there seems too far back and is fixed in position.

SS86 Jazz DEFINITELY needs fillers in his wrists and legs as well as a shoulder launcher and I'd chuck in a pair of clip-on doors too so he can have door wings.

SS86 Kup needs an entirely new face/head and I'm sure people think the same about Blurr (although his doesn't bother me as much).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Still nothing I guess.

7. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:
    Sweet! He said he'd get started on it this coming weekend as long as I could get him the info on the ball joint and what size the head should be overall.
    If it comes out looking nice then he can start making the rest of the parts and what not. Trying to convince him to make weapons too haha but just the head for now will do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

I'll take a kit, pay for one, help the cause

• Like Like x 2
  9. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1 for ER Ironhide and Ratchet feet/back of the vanette. I guess the fact that all three figures aren't mainline figures means less interest in making these? Anyway I'd love to see it, the mold is great otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

Yes, vote from me. The current ones available 3rd party are awful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:
    I'll post updates once he shares them!

12. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I feel like the biggest thing grimlock needs is an extra joint in the shoulders that allows them to be moved up. As is the shoulders are too low making the arms look too long

13. Ottertron

News Credits:
    Okay, so - the neck balljoint is 5mm and the height of the head - horns included - cannot exceed 35mm due to clearance and chest space. The width of the helmet is 20mm at it's widest point (the bottom).

When you open the head up, here's what's insider, FYI -

[​IMG]

Here's what you're aiming for on the whole -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the wrist blasters/jets are double-barrelled in a one-at-the-side-of-the-forearm-and-one-underneath formation. The best way to attach these is by having them as one piece that slides over the forearm wing -

[​IMG]

The base of the forearm wing is 17mm long and the thickness is 2mm, so you'd need a slit in the top of the higher blaster/jet in order to slip it over and that would keep it in place.

[​IMG]

There are slits at the top of the thigh, on the sides, that extend around to the back of the thigh which could be used to plug hip skirts into. The side length is 10mm and the bit on the back of the thigh is 5mm. The height of the slot is 3mm, so it would be easy enough for them to tab in there...BUT...they will be inaccessible in jet mode, so the best way to do this would be for the front and back hip skirts to be hooked around the top of the thighs/crotch area and able to fold to the front of the thighs - which are underneath the jet - when it jet mode. Then, when transforming back into robot mode, just unfold them, bring the back ones around the back again and plug the sides into the thighs.

I hope that all makes sense!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    - Shoulder cannon kit for Selects G2 Megatron

- Conversion kit for Nemesis Prime's trailer to G2 Optimus Prime's trailer (sound pack, weapon mount locations)

- Big wheels for Siege Crosshairs

- Jallguar and Leozack combiner as a torso replacement for "Dezaras" for CW Liokaiser.

- Leg kit for SS86 Wheelie

- Selects Star Convoy wheel->read upgrade

15. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:

Thanks, man! Let me get this info to my bud.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:

So he requested, if possible, to send him the following of the existing head. That way he can make it in the same scale and know what he's dealing with overall.
    (Again, I don't own the figure and neither does he :/ so thanks for the work!!)

So a couple 360 shots of the kingdom head will help him with it :) 

IMG-20210125-WA0017.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ottertron

News Credits:
    No problem!

• Like Like x 1
  18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Just curious, but wouldn't it be easier to just send him a copy of the figure?

19. SuperGiantThing

News Credits:
    I don't have it :/ and can't find it at stores
    I asked if he'd wanna wait for the figure but he insisted that he could do a trial run without it if I got him the measurements

20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I have a broken copy that I'm going to be replacing soon, do you think he'd want that? I could send it out as soon as I replace the figure. Just, uh, remind me...I'm pretty busy and forgetful.