What transformer do u think got the short end of the stick with the movie toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 9, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

When I say this I mean the ones (ironhide/ratchet) that didn't rlly seem like hastak put the least amount Of effort into I mean first movie great but the second movie(and most likely third)were all repaints and didn't rlly hav anything exciting to make you want to get them so reply if u agree and If u don't tell me who think got shafted and what character got too many repaints in the movie line but I'm leanin towards bb

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Megatron got shafted in that none of the figures released were screen accurate or even that good. The RotF Voyager was decent, but overall, none match the CGI.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ratchet and Ironhide most definitely.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Recon Ironhide got massively remolded from his original TF1 Voyager toy, and both him and Ratchet got brand new, super awesome looking deluxe figures.

Movie 1-wise: Blackout and Bonecrusher, easily got the worst out of the Film-to-toy transition. Blackout even moreso as he was a big player in the movie, but ended up with a Voyager with a crappy automorph, excessive and unneeded gimmick and that ended up being no taller then a voyager.

RotF wise: Scrapper got the worst of it seeing as despite actually being in the movie, he didn't even get a toy. Also Sideways, easily one of my favorite new Decepticons (mainly because I loved him in the game) but his toy was fairly weak and highly inaccurate compared to his actual hunched down, fairly bulky design.

Oh and Megatron got hosed both times. Here's hoping they stick with the RotF design for the third film and give the toy guys plenty of time to perfect his movie 3 leader toy. The way I see it, the first three leader figures from movie three should easily be a slightly remolded Buster Prime with a new mold Megatron and Shockwave accompanying him.

5. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Jazz, easily. Shame about the constructicons not even getting toys at all, but they were at least spared the indignity of a spectacularily crappy sculpt.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think I have to agree with Jazz. The arms and hands are pretty bad on him. Cool looking car though.

I don't think the Megs toys are that bad. I think it's more that he's a Cybertonian mess in the movies, which just don't translate into anything that great looking to begin with.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Anyone who is not....

Optimus prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, Skids and Mudflap.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Ya know, I forgot all about the Deluxe Jazz mold (really only the arms were bad) but they're making it up to use with HA Jazz.

and most of the Constructicons in the film got toys, it was only Scrapper who got cold shouldered. Also, Mixmaster and Longhaul got some badass toys.

It's not the fact that he's cybertronian in alt mode, but the fact that the toy designers didn't have enough time or reference material to really make an accurate movie Megs. They only got outdated reference pics and that's more or less it. I doubt they even knew about his flying tank mode when they made the leader. Much like how RotF prime was a massive improvement over the '07 version, if Megs stays the same for TF3, he should end up getting a far cooler looking toy.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Shit representations of charcaters in toy form:

Blackout
    Movie 1 Megatron
    Bonecrusher (more of a size issue for him as I don't mind the mold myself)
    Devastator
    Frenzy!!!

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Periods can be your friends, embrace them!

Anyways, for the character that got shafted in the movie verse probably has to go to Megatron in my eyes. The ROTF Voyager is decent, but both Leader-class figures suck hard in my opinion. Movie 1 Megatron still looks like a pile of random shapes, and ROTF Megatron has issues with both his arms (one is a useless gimpy stump, the other doesn't even have an elbow!). TF3 Megatron better get two arms, because then at least he'll get a better toy for that.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Jazz for sure. That delxe is terrible At least he's getting (from what it looks like) a decent HA update. I actually like the Voyager Ratchet toy.

Megatron has yet to get a good movie toy. I'm one of the few who don't really mind the first movie leader class toy but it definitely could have been infinitely better. RoTF Megatron has some merits but it's just not visually appealing at all. Neither one has good articulation either, which sucks. The first movie Voyager was basically a mess, and though I bought the RoTF Voyager after reading good things I was really disappointed in it.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Soundwave and megs. SOundwave being such an iconic character really got the sh!tty end.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    like the first 50 bee molds were bad.(just a joke)
    but i do dislike the ironhide and ratchet molds. thought deluxe ironhide looks really cool.