What Transformer did you always want but never got as a kid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VictoryLeo19, Mar 15, 2008.

1. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always wanted Hot Rod. But for some reason was never able to find him. I got him now though. :) 

2. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trypticon, bruticus minus brawl, and 2 terrorcon limbs to complete my abominus. Other toys I salivated over but knew I'd never own em were predaking, omega supreme and even optimus prime.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Everything i don't own.

:lol 

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Scorponok and Metroplex.

As a kid I had a babysitter I had to go to all the time, and her foster son was the first Transformer collector I knew. He had the two city formers and I'd always ask to see them cause they were too expensive for me to have at that time. Very rarely he'd break them out, parts in zip bags, all neat and well kept, but I wouldn't get to play with them. Maybe I'd get to fiddle with Fasttrack or Scamper, but mostly I'd only get to WATCH while he played with the big figures and never let me so much as touch them. It was infuriating.

Today, I've got both. Scorponok needs a few components, Metroplex needs a lot, but I'm working on getting both to 100%.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Devastator. I wanted the gift set, but my parents wouldn't buy it. Instead I got scrapper, thinking I was going to get the rest individually. I did not.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    BW Rattrap, Dinobot, and pretty much the whole season 2 and 3 cast.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

When I was really young it was any new TF I ever saw. Parents were cheap, rarely got new ones, mostly 2nd hand from goodwill and such, but always was fun diggin through the bins finding them.

8. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Soundwave - i'm not sure why actually, as I was incredibly lucky in that my folks were very generous and bought pretty much whichever couple of TFs I asked for for xmas/birthday. So maybe I just made a decision between Soundwave and A.N.Other character for one of those "what i'd like" lists during the first couple of years of TFs..

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I had the three '84 seekers..in varying states of completeness, anyway. Skywarp was my favorite seeker, but I always reallyreallyreally wanted Thrust and never managed to get him. I've got three of them kicking around these days, two with boxes and one of them with the bubble. Perhaps I've overcompensated a little.

I had three of the Constructicons (#1-3), plus a broken Hook (that could have still been used to form Devastator though). But I never managed to get Long Haul and Mixmaster. And without LH, you can't even form a Dev with a missing limb. :( 

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Probably Megatron. I had Prime (G1 and PM), but not a bad guy to fight!

11. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

That's an easy one, Blue Bluestreak. I was disapointed as hell when Bluestreak came out and he was silver grey. His name is BLUEstreak after all.

I knew about the Diaclone line when I was a kid... but it never acured to me that there would be variations with the toys. It wasn't until the wonder that is the internet that I discovered my one and only true Holy Grail.... Diaclone Blue Fairlady Z. As I recall that was around 98, and finally got one in 2003 ( maybe 04).

12. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    PM Optimus Prime, Mindwipe, Weirdwolf, Apeface, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Doubledealer, Trypticon, Thunderwing, Sunstreaker, and Grimlock. I've since bought the Powermasters and Headmasters mentioned, but I've since cooled to the idea of getting the former Diaclones and Thunderwing.

13. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'm sure he was released in the UK, wasn't he?

The same two I craved, they were too expensive though, and I was 11 or 12 so my folks thought I'd grow out of them in no time. I told myself I'd have them one day though, no conception of the Internet or Ebay back then of course.
    Fast Forward many years and Scorpy was one of the first I got when my interest was rekindled about 3-4 years ago. I'd finally started using computers and was checking out Ebay, wondering what to look at.
    I'd seen a TRU Jazz in TRU around that time, so looked at TF's, saw Scorpy and realised I would indeed one day (soon) have him. Got a nice, complete Scorpy who's taken a prominent position ever since.

I've had a few Metroplexs since but I don't really like him, I'll get another if I ever do a CityFormer display, but Scorpy's my fave (see sig).

14. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

its gotta be fort max for me, really wanting it up to now.

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I don't remember.

Anything that actually appeared in the comics would have done. All my TFs were either Micromasters or very late G1, none of which showed up in the comics...

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Wheeljack was always at the top of my list. Never did get one. I got a few incomplete ones, now. Tracks always apealed to me, too. I got his reissue a few years ago. Thrust was the one seeker I always realy wanted, not even the aweful animation model could turn me off of the toy. Still don't have one. I always wanted an original Prime, too. I had the Power Master version, but never the first one. I preordered the Encore, when it was anounced last year. Can't say that I regret him, at all.

Now, I just need to get a blue Roller....

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It was Christmas of 1987, I asked for Scorponok but got Sixshot instead because everyone was sold out of Scorponok.
    Sixshot is OK but I really wanted Scorponok bad.
    I never did get Scorponok unfortunately. :cry 

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Soundwave and a few of the 84 cars, and Predaking. I only had 2 Predacons

Never did get to complete my devastator either back then

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yes, he was. I got him for my birthday when he came out; he was £30 at the time.

The main ones that spring to mind would be Fort Max (I now have the Korean Brave Max), Darkwing (I had Dreadwind when he came out, but didn't manage to get his partner till Transforce 2000) and Skids (who I eventually picked up as a Japanese reissue). There's also Trypticon and the Predacons, who I've still to get hold of.

20. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    No, we got Jetfire over here - I remember seeing him in an Argos catalogue circa 1985.