What to do with a toy you really wish you hadn't bought?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spekkio, Aug 3, 2010.

?

What should I do with the PCC Aerialbots set?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2010.
  1. Keep it

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Return it

30 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Sell it

19 vote(s)
    26.8%
  4. Other (write-in in comments)

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Walmart specifically, as they are the only place where I've had to return something since 2003, has no such official policy, outside of software, electronics and the like. You will end up with store credit without a receipt, but you are not stuck with an exchange only and you certainly won't be denied. There is a reason that toy returns have been so abused lately, and that has led other stores to crack down.

See Walmart's return policy here or read the billboard behind the Customer Service desk. Toys are not restricted to being unopened.

Target will be more strict but if he grabs the receipt and returns it as defective, he'll be fine.

2. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I felt the same way with ROTF Bludgeon. Played with it a bit and declared it to be rubbish. I returned it the next day.

3. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    Target has zero problem with taking back opened products, I saw a HA Jazz yesterday at a Target that was bouncing around in box because the twist ties were cut and the side flap taped up with scotch tape, still full price though...

Like a lot of the others are saying just return it. Ive done it a couple of times at different stores with no problems. Someone else will buy it eventually.

4. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It goes into my junk pile/ for sale bin. Same as the movie bots I bought or kitbash them.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is exactly what I was gonna post. Well said, bud :thumb 

6. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I'd sell 'em on the forums. There's gotta be somebody here who'd want them.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a smartass, but wasn't there a review of these you could watch before you bought them?
    I'm opposed to the 'buy, try and return at your leisure' option, for a number of reasons I'm not getting into here.
    I'd try selling it on, you probably won't get the full cost of it back, but then again, I don't really see why you should?

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I second the review option. Saves everyone involved a lot of time and hassle.

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Eh you cant blame someone for buying these to check them out. I liked how they looked from the reviews well enough but was not sure how i would like the gimmick till i tried it out...

10. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

I have worked at both ( Target and Wal*Mart ).
    And have to agree.... Return it, Worse case they will give you store credit...

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Lolz

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Pack it back up nice and neat and try to return it. Easiest and least painful way to reverse your purchase. And if they won't accept it back then at least you tried and you can scratch it off the list of options and move onto the next one.

13. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm glad I posted - lots of helpful responses.

RE: Reviews - I usually do avail myself of reviews, particularly from Internet Celebrity Vangelus and Peaugh. (Does Peaugh get bolded too? I'm not sure. I'm going with it.)

RE: My own YouTube video - unlike TFW's Internet Personalities, I am in no way qualified to do this. I don't have a nice, rich, deep voice. I'm also quite ugly, so I can't appear on camera. I have a face that makes babies cry.

14. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

I voted "other" and am writing my comments here....

Honestly, its not the store's fault that you don't like what you bought. Its not damaged, its not tampered with, it is exactly what you intended to buy and it was up to you to decide whether or not to buy it.

I get the whole limited income thing, but this was your choice and you learn from your experiences and will hopefully make better purchasing choices from it.

If I don't like something that I've already opened and played with, I give it away: to friends, to board members, anyone that would actually like it.

EX: I had buyer's remorse (like you) after opening and transforming Deluxe Movie Jazz. I hated the lack of hands and how his arms were just folded-in, hollowed parts of the car's fenders. I had a buddy that came over one time who said he loved the first TF movie. He doesn't buy TF's or any toys for that matter, so I gave that Jazz to him and he loved it. I was happy to make one of my friends happy, and that was worth eating the amount of money I had already spent on it.

If you don't have friends that would like it, offer it up here on the boards at half the cost or give it away and just ask for shipping.

Cut your losses. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    Dude, I'm there with ya.

16. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Also responded "Other" and recommend giving a toy you don't like to charity if you don't have any friends or kids who would appreciate it. You know that someone in need is getting it who will like it a lot more than you do.