What To Do About A Defective Bot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldbugTM2, Oct 5, 2016.

1. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

Wow, I'm having a little bad luck with defective figures lately. I got a marked down CW Superion set from Walmart.com but one of Silverbolt's fists (the left one) was defective and broke when flipping it up for combination mode. I could tell it was off by comparing with the other fist that flipped up MUCH smoother.

I contacted Hasbro, and asked about just getting a replacement arm, but they said they'd have to replace the entire set. They e-mailed me a shipping label, BUT they said they wouldn't guarantee I'd get another Superion set in return. They may send me something else of equal value. The Hasbro rep said he/she was confident they could get me another Superion set because "it's a current item." I was also told that they use a different warehouse for replacements than they do for HasbroToyShop stock, so whether or not it was in stock on HTS wouldn't matter.

I'm debating between sending it back to Hasbro, or exchange it through Walmart.com, (they still have it listed as in stock.), or just finding a source to buy a replacement arm. I wouldn't mind buying another arm much since I did get the set on clearance anyway.

What's my best option?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

If the Hasbro rep says they could get it for you I'd trust that. She's right, Superion is still in production right now so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pretty much this. But do it soon, don't wait!

4. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same exact thing happened to my g2 superion left fist, its like the hole for the pin was drilled off center. I contacted hts and ended up getting 2 vouchers for 10 a piece for hasbro products at brick and mortar stores.

5. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Yup, I'd jump on it quick.

6. GoldbugTM2

You mean you didn't get a replacement Superion? o_O 

I already sent it off to Hasbro, they provided a shipping label so I didn't have to pay any shipping. I just better get a new Superion set. I keep having trouble trying to get a Superion set, years ago I got scammed out of some money trying to buy Energon Superion Maximus off a user from another Transformers message board. I've never gotten my hands on a Superion Maximus set, but CW Superion seems better so I thought might finally get one. Then I missed out on the $30 sets on HTS, and now this. :(  They're still in stock on Walmart.com so if Hasbro doesn't replace the one I got, I'll just re-order from Walmart. (Hopefully there's still some left after I see what Hasbro sends me.)

I also think it was a poor design choice having those fists stick out behind Superion in combined form.

7. beularnum8

beularnum8 Well-Known Member

Unlucky buddy, but i'm sure Hasbro will sort you out if you are decent enough in the E-mail :) 

I'm a bit pig sick of Generations Roadbuster too. I picked up a second one for £12 last week to replace the one i had which came with a broken right arm shoulder ratchet (it just spins!) and the left arm shoulder ratchet hardly clicks, and i get the feeling transforming it a few times will lead me to the same thing. hmph. First i've heard of a silverbolt issue though...

8. GoldbugTM2

Bit of an update: I mailed the Superion set out to Hasbro last wednesday. I've had some trouble with the tracking number but it's (sort of) working. I just contacted Hasbro to check the RMA status and they've informed me it could take 2 to 3 weeks before I get a replacement. :banghead: 

Has anyone else done a return with Hasbro? Does it really take that long??

9. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I did the same thing with a DOTM figure, it took quite a while to get me the replacement

10. GoldbugTM2

My replacement Superion showed up last night. The box was a tad smushed, but at least everything was there.