What they should have done with Shane!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by autobot slapper, Jul 14, 2014.

1. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Instead of Shane being a coward, douchey drag racer that's sponsored by Red Bull, he should have been a part of Cemtery Wind!

Here's my idea.

Shane is a new recruit that thinks he is hunting Decepticons (no one told him about hunting Autobots), and his first mission is to go to the dock yard and kill a transformer. When cemetery wind get there they start shooting at a green transformer, even Shane is shooting. But when they get him cornered with one leg, the Transformer reveals himself to be Ratchet and that he's an Autobot. Shane steps in and tells everyone to hold fire and that he's a good guy, then he introduces himself to Ratchet and apologizes, he even holds onto Ratchet's finger to show he cares. But then Lockdown shoots Ratchet (the finger that Shane is holding falls off) and does his "where's Optimus Prime" scene. Shane is horrified and tries questioning why they killed an Autobot. Shane keeps the finger part. Savoy threatens Shane that if he does anything but shoot again, he'd kill him, and that his life is spared now because he's new and he has a lot to learn.

Then he goes to Cade's farm with Cemetery Wind to capture Optimus Prime, but he's having doubts. When they get there and interrogate Cade, Tessa, and Lucas, he knows he's on the wrong side. So when Optimus bursts out of the barn, Shane decides to help and shoots some Cemetery Wind guys and punch some. He then tells Cade and family to get into his vehicle and that he wants to help. Then we get an epic chase scene.

After all that, Lucas dying, explosions, etc. He meets Optimus and the other Autobots, he explains whats happening and that he's sorry, he then shows Optimus the finger. Optimus is angry and upset, Crosshairs doesnt believe him which leads to Cade hacking that flying KSI drone which shows Shane helping Ratchet and being there for him in his darkest hour. Optimus thanks Shane and he becomes friends with the gang, including Tessa.

Throughout the film Shane and Tessa start falling in love, with Cade not happy (because he's a dad). And when Savoy starts shooting at them in the Hong Kong battle, Shane is about to go and fight him, but Cade says "no, he threatened my little girl, he's mine! You've got to go with Josh to protect him and my baby girl!" then Shane replies "ok boss, I won't fail you....be safe". Then their relationship grows

Plus Shane would be useful because he can drive AND shoot, so he would be useful at the Hong Kong battle.

I know this is pointless but it's fun, and I honestly think Shane would be a better character.

2. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

I like it. I found him useless

3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Nice story.The only important thing he did was pulling the sword from Prime's chest

4. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Yeah, he can still do that, but him being a coward and a douche bag most of the film didn't help him. He was useless except for driving and....trying to be funny and cool. .

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That would have been so much better even if he is another army guy.

Better than being that useless shithead who can only drive cars and make dads uncomfortable as fuck.

6. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    im telling you its part of the cliché formula.
    rebellious slick guy secretly dates a hot girl with an overprotective single dad.
    The only reason Shane exists is to make the relationship between Cade and Tessa interesting
    Bay has done it numerous times, like in Armageddon.

7. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He wasn't a drag racer. He was a rally car racer.

8. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Much better than canon. It would give him a redemption story arc as opposed to the nothing he really got and makes cade giving him such a hard time more justified. Also, I like that not all of the soldiers would know the dirty business they're doing.

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I like this version of Shane a lot better, I didn't have anything against him in the film apart from his character being up his own arse. Your version actually gives him even more of a purpose. Ratchet's finger would be pretty big to lug around?

10. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Haha I meant finger piece, it's green. I apologize for not making it clear enough :p 

11. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Nice version. I was satisfied with him in the actual movie, but that would've been an extremely interesting take on the character.

12. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Huh.......I like it

13. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

I loved it and interesting and I would prefer if he loses the accent.

14. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    This would have been interesting to see, that's for sure.

15. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I would have liked it better if Shane would have decided on an accent. He kept switching between Irish and Texan.

16. ultramason

ultramason Banned

17. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

18. Natohk

Natohk Quintesson

Very interesting version !

19. MachiniPrimus

MachiniPrimus Well-Known Member

Nice idea!

20. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Isn't the dude from Ireland?

Also, I literally felt the whole time that they filmed his scenes a week before the movie came out and they threw him in there. Because they could have never had him in the film and it would have been the same. Sure Cade would have been talking to himself a few times, but the film could have worked without Shane. Easily.