What the hell is up with these factories as of late?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jun 9, 2014.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's a busy time of year, even for big companies. It just effects the 3rd parties the most because, frankly, they're tiny little piss ant companies compared to the big guys like a Hasbro or a Mattel. If anyone's production schedule is going to be pushed back so that bigger companies get their stuff on time or faster, it's going to be the 3rd parties.

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I see what you guys are saying now, makes sense. Thanks!

3. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    Interesting...and highly beneficial to us all, but I highly doubt that would ever happen. You'd have to many big ego's in the same room rubbin' elbows.

I get the distinct impression that they are all mostly in high competition with one another , despite what some of our insiders have said on the matter.

But hey, we can dream.

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Yes, you get what you pay for, exactly. However, since all hobby items thus far are manufactured in the same "area" [broad generalization], are you saying they all suffer from these faults? I have a perfectly fine Yamato VF19, which is extremely complex, has gotten the best finish on a toy I have, has more moving parts than MP10 Convoy, and an MP Smokescreen next to it. Both manufactured in China. Both without any overspray, twin thighs, loose/tight screws etc.

Bringing the manufacturing back "home" does not change that much besides the final price on the product. I'm not sure why people automatically equate USA factory with uber quality products. Not speaking against the US at all, but what mass market items are manufactured in the US nowadays? Pretty much everything I've got at home right now [and I'm in Europe no less] have a "manufactured in China" sign on.

The costs would be astronomical. Too many people/groups would have to merge into one, and to make even in the first few years they'd even have to rent out assembly lines...which would result in the same delays as right now.