What TF toy (mold) have you bought the most duplicates (or repaints) of?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by batfan007, Dec 21, 2016.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Repaints, duplicates for alt mode, troop building......or any other reason.

What TF toy mold have you bought the most of, as in two or more of the same toy, same sold, or repaint etc.

List more than one if you like (duplicate lover!)

eg multiple sharkticons
    multiple sweeps
    multiples of a mold you liked for various repaints etc.

2. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    At this point for me it's Diaclone Dia-Battles V2, with six specimens (three of each type) - five of them are pictured below.

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 6
  3. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Vehicons, for army building purposes. That, and I found them on sale for $10 at one point

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Probably the Classics Seekers, I actually had 7....Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, and Sunstorm...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CW Deadend, I think with a total of nine, but I'm not sure if he counts...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Gonna go with the classics seeker mold.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I refuse to 'troop build' until a figure has been out long enough that everyone that wants one has a chance to get one.
    The only figures I actively bought multiples of were Cyberverse Vehicons. They were everywhere around here, then hit Five Below in droves. I stopped counting at 30.
    I also have about 10 each of Crankcase, Hatchet and Crowbar from DotM because I like the designs. Got most of those in trades.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    CW Dead End or Generations Junkions for me. Vehicons in a tight third place probably.

9. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Vehicons. Hands down

• Like Like x 1
  10. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Most of a Single Character/Mold: Gen 30 Springer - 17 (packaging variants etc)

Most of a Mold/remold: Dead End/Streetwise/Prowl et al - 31........so far.

Most of one release: RTS Jazz - 12. I picked one up for £4.99 every time I went shopping in Sainsburys over a three month period until there were only Hailstorms left.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

MP-11

(1) Starscream Takara
    (1) Thundercracker TRU
    (1) Acid Storm TRU
    (1) Sunstorm TRU
    (1) Thundercracker Takara
    (1) Skywarp Takara
    (2) Starscream TRU

I dont have the Coneheads, but would they count?

Yeah... Im certain there are a few who will put me to shame with their Seeker army.

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

At one time I had 19 versions of the classics seeker mode. Now I only have 1.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The CW/UW Deadend mold for sure. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Classic Seekers for me too.
    I have the 6 Henkei versions, + Ghost Starscream, and I have Acid Storm, Hasbro Thundercracker and Hasbro Thrust. I also used to own Hasbro Skywarp, and a second Henkei Ramjet, both of which I sold.

15. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No more than two of a mold.
    2 slingshot
    2 vortex
    2 CW ultra Magnus/pmop
    2 tr blurr/Brainstorm

• Like Like x 1
  16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Has to be the CW limbs. I've only just started collecting Combiner Wars in the last couple weeks, and I'd already say that has to be the most repeats I've purposely bought. I don't usually buy more than one version of a mold, even when they're different characters. I usually choose one character and move on.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Classics Starscream mold for sure. Between official, bootlegs and KO versions of the mold I think I last counted at 33. It's far from my favorite mold, it just got released so many times and it was easy to repurpose them as new characters. I don't typically troop build but I did buy six extra Generations Scourges back when it was on shelves to use as Sweeps. And by the nature of the beast, obviously Combiner Wars suckered me into buying the same mold multiple times, especially the helicopter mold. But IMO for the most part that was utilizing the same mold done right.

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I don't think anything is going to top the CW Dead End mold which I have as Dead End, Brake-Neck, Streetwise, Prowl, Smokescreen, & Bluestreak

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Duplicates - clear winners:
    - Prime Cyberverse Legion Vehicon (black; 24, I think), plus one purple Takara Vehicon from the EZ Collection Decepticon Set.
    Followed by:
    - Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Air Vehicon (purple; eight), Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Ace Vehicon (white; eight) and Takara EZ Jet Vehicons (black; also eight).

Redecos and retools only:

Eight:
    - Legends of Cybertron Starscream, Legends of Cybertron Sunstorm, Legends of Cybertron Skywarp (San Diego Comic-Con 2005 exclusive), Legends of Cybertron Ramjet (BotCon 2005 exclusive), Legends Ramjet and Thrust from the Universe "Aerial Rivals" five-pack, War for Cybertron Legends Starscream (United Kingdom/Hong Kong exclusive), Legion "Cybertronian Starscream" from the Toys"R"Us exclusive Dark of the Moon "Cyberverse Evolution" 4-pack

Seven:
    - Classic Deluxe Starscream, Classic Deluxe Ramjet, Universe Deluxe Acid Storm, Universe Deluxe Starscream, Generations Deluxe Thrust, Generations Deluxe Dirge and Generations Deluxe Thundercracker.

Six:
    - 2007 Movie Deluxe Bumblebee (Concept Camaro), 2007 Movie Deluxe Cliffjumper, 2007 Movie Deluxe Stealth Bumblebee, 2007 Movie Deluxe Premium Series Bumblebee, Bumblebee from the 2007 Movie Screen Battles "Capture of Bumblebee" set, Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Bumblebee; also Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Cannon Bumblebee and Deluxe Bumblebee from the Revenge of the Fallen NEST Battle two-pack with Soundwave, which reuse the legs.
    - Universe Legends Bumblebee, Reveal the Shield Legends Gold Bumblebee, "Cybertronian Bumblebee" from the Toys"R"Us exclusive Dark of the Moon "Cyberverse Evolution" 4-pack, "Transformers" Legion Bumblebee (2012), "Transformers" Legion Bumblebee (2014), "Transformers" Legion Cliffjumper (2015)
    - Prime Cyberverse Legion Bumblebee, Prime Cyberverse Legion Quick Blade Bumblebee, Legion Bumblebee from the Prime Cyberverse Bumblebee Battle Suit, Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Bumblebee, Legion Bumblebee from the Beast Hunters Cyberverse Energon Driller, Legion Night Shadow Bumblebee from the Beast Hunters Predacons Rising two-pack with Blight
    - Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Rippersnapper (single Legion), Legion Rippersnapper from the Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Abominus five-pack, Legion Cindersaur from the Beast Hunters Predacons Rising two-pack with Smokescreen, Jurara from the Go! Goradora set, Age of Extinction Legion Grimlock, "Transformers" (2014) Legion Grimlock
    - Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt, Combiner Wars Voyager Cyclonus, Cyclonus from Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron, Combiner Wars Voyager Scattershot (single Voyager), Scattershot from Combiner Wars Computron, Scattershot from Unite Warriors Computicon
    Combiner Wars Deluxe Dead End, Combiner Wars Deluxe Brake-Neck, Combiner Wars Deluxe Streetwise, Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl, Combiner Wars Deluxe Smokescreen, Lightsteed from Combiner Wars Computron

Five:
    - Universe Legends Bumblebee, Reveal the Shield Legends Gold Bumblebee, "Cybertronian Bumblebee" from the Toys"R"Us exclusive Dark of the Moon "Cyberverse Evolution" 4-pack, "Transformers" Legion Bumblebee (2012), "Transformers" Legion Bumblebee (2014), "Transformers" Legion Cliffjumper (2015)
    - Revenge of the Fallen Legends Bumblebee, Dark of the Moon Bolt Bumblebee, Bumblebee from the Dark of the Moon Cyberverse two-pack with Megatron, Bumblebee from the Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Bumbeblee/Soundwave/"bonus" Rodimus three-pack, Bumblebee from the Toys"R"Us exclusive Dark of the Moon "Cyberverse Evolution" 4-pack
    - Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Blight (single Legion), Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Rot Gut, Legion Blight from the Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Abominus five-pack, Legion Blight from the Beast Hunters Predacons Rising two-pack with Night Shadow Bumblebee, Burara from the Go! Goradora set
    - Combiner Wars Offroad, Combiner Wars First Aid, Combiner Wars Ironhide, Combiner Wars Trailbreaker, War Breakdown from Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron
    - Combiner Wars Deluxe Rook, Combiner Wars Deluxe Swinde, Combiner Wars Deluxe Hound, Wandering Roller from Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron, Nosecone from Unite Warriors Computicon
    - Combiner Wars Deluxe Skydive, Combiner Wars Deluxe Air Raid, Ghost Starscream and Curse Armada Thrust from Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron, Deluxe Strafe from Combiner Wars Computron

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    Without any remolding at all: 4 of the RotF scout motorcycle mold (Knockout, Backfire, Reverb, and Trenchmouth).

With new heads: the CW Dead End mold (Dead End, Wildrider, G2 Dead End, G2 Wildrider; plus Streetwise and Lightspeed if we include their extensive reshell). Also the movie voyager jet mold (Starscream, Ramjet, Thundercracker, and Skywarp).