What size combiners would you want?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Crimson87, Jun 7, 2014.

?

Regarless of company making it, what size combiners would you prefer?

1. WST: Because a combiner should be tiny compared to Metroplex!

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Scouts: G1 equivalent to a G1 deluxe (MakeToys, Fansprojects)

24 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Deluxes: Equal to other CHUG cars/planes ect... (Hasbro)

21 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Voyagers: Slightly larger than a classic. (TFC)

25 vote(s)
    18.5%
  5. Ultras/Masterpiece: (Warbotron/MMC)

43 vote(s)
    31.9%
  6. Freakin Larger than the above^

17 vote(s)
    12.6%
  7. Something else. (explain)

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. KPhilipsen

KPhilipsen Banned

it's hard to back a trailer up to a lion. still works the same. trailer/partsformer lower torso. best solution imo.

2. KPhilipsen

KPhilipsen Banned

Agreed.

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well its just a lack of creativity really. Just look at what MMC did with Rex's skirt armor. It can store in both non-combiner modes on the figure and transform in to a shield. No reason the same kind of clever ideas can't be applied to any partsformed part.

4. KPhilipsen

KPhilipsen Banned

I'm all ears. The only idea I've come up with is adding an extra member Devastator style to be the lower torso.

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Warbotron's size works fine for me, as a "masterpiece" combiner... Why? It towers over everything else but still manages to fit on a shelf. I don't personally want a 24" tall, 20lb chunk of plastic and die cast costing me $1000. I just need my combiners large enough so that when they combine, they look like their only legitimate "threat" is Prime/Megatron, other combiners, and the dinobots. That can be achieved with 16 to 18" scale for me. I know according to the holy scale chartâ„¢ The constructicons are seeker size, but I would PERSONALLY prefer them mp12 size. Decepticons have enough huge bots with seekers, soundwave, and quakewave. G1 faithful Mp12 size constructicons would look great sprinkled amongst the bigger bots.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You know that crazy factory that make 40CM+ Knock Offs of Ironhide, Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron & Starscream.

I'd like them to KO Hercules & Uranos *and accessories* only each bit would be 40cm tall.

That would suit me about right thanks.

7. PudgyNinja

PudgyNinja Well-Known Member

Here's what I care about in a combiner:

1: It looks good in all modes, individual robot/alt modes, and combined.
    2: The transformations are fun and interesting
    3: No extra combiner bits without a home
    4: Really solid connection points
    5: General aesthetics
    6: G1 accuracy
    7: Cool weapon options
    99. What size it is.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think I'd actually like a Bruticus where Onslaught is like 18"tall. or bigger just not nonsense reasons.

I had someone recently think the new 3rd party Computron's were human sized.. so year how about a 2 foot tall or so limb bot part.

In scale with nothing but so you can pretend it's Dreamwave Devastator or such.

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Curious as to why 18" onslaught? Scale of that would make bruticus 26 to 30" tall, and waaaay out of scale with any series, and just an overall mess to display.

I can understand the hypothetical reasons for wanting it that size, but the cost & practicality seem to be thrown out the window. The comes a certain point where it's no longer a hobby and it becomes an obsession, and that I find scary.

10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point I just want MP-scaled individual bots. Once that is done, I'm completely fine with letting combined mode fall where it may.

11. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm actually shocked people want MP size combiners well atleast the amount, but I guess tech MP is the only thing being made for collectors anymore when looking at everything else Hastakomy release

12. Orion Type61

Orion Type61 The Lone Gundam

I'm getting Rex, but I don't consider him MP at all. To me he scales with MT/FP, which is the size I prefer. If we ever get MP combiners they will be made by Takara.

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah its pretty much entirely takaras fault for the whole ZOMGEVERYTHINGMUSTBEHUGE mp talk :lol 

Just think if official mps had been scaled down how much nicer things would be for 3ps by now.

If they had just made Prime closer to a voyager then the car bots could have been deluxes and gosh it'd be so much better. Things would be cheaper, almost everything would be in scale, their would be less arguments. It'd be sheer perfection and I'd enjoy reading the forums more often. Classics and mp stuff could stand side by side and no-one would whine about which is the right size. Urgh, a man can but dream.

14. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody was doubting & mocking about the MP dinobots never coming out bc TT already kept their scale etc etc. Guess what? 3p's stepped in. But what would the reaction be they made them the same size of MP-08 or smaller? But since they're in the works from FT & GP which gives us the to scale options of big & slighty bigger than Prime, MP fans are content. Since the combiners haven't been made in a scale that lines up the best with MP's, everyone has room to doubt for now & rightfully so. But the market has room for all scale options & I am waiting for ones that tower over SkyFire, Ultra Magnus & the Dinobots. Otherwise I won't have combiners, the end.

15. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I like 'm big like MMC and WB are doing. But I'm mostly interested in the size of the individual member and care less for the size of the combiner. I mostly display them as individual robots (I paid for 5-6 robots I want to display 5-6 robots, and occasionally merge them to form INH) so for me that's the most important mode. And that I like big.

I'm also not a classics collector but a MP size collector and I want the figures to represent that size or be close to it.

16. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess for me I don't have the room for a huge mp collection plus we haven't gotten many mp figs that I've cared about, with multiple collections and multiple hobbies, the smaller 3p just works best for me, and when that smaller stuff stops getting released i'll stop buying

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    For me it's this: 4 mp10-sized limbs @ $180 each and a Kronos-sized torso @$220 or... 4 voyager/mp12 sized limbs at $90 and one quakewave-sized torso for $120... I'll HAPPILY go with the latter.