What show had the BEST incarnation of the Constructicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheGoldenPenguin, Nov 12, 2020.

1. TheGoldenPenguin

TheGoldenPenguin In his backyard

Simple question, I think. Bayverse is allowed. I really like Animated Mixmaster, but what do you think?

2. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Animated. I dont remember anything about any other constructicons personalities other than g1 hook kinda being a snob and rotf long haul being the generic I want to destroy everything character in the video game.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Revoticus

Revoticus Well-Known Member

ROTF constructicons simply for their outlandish design.

But reading up on the G1 Constructicon bios I do appreciate Scrapper for how seemingly complex he is.

Long Haul is my favorite of the G1 Constructicons too, wish he got an episode to shine and show how he hates his job.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Animated. What other constructicons were there aside from G1, and Bay? Energon maybe? Either way it's Animated all the way, the only show that gave them distinct personalities I think. G1 came close, but didn't quite make the mark aside from Mixmaster and maybe Hook's personalities.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Don’t ask about my profile picture

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Animated

• Like Like x 2
  6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Animated tbh. Honestly they're the only cartoon iteration that I even remember. Other than that it would have to be the Bayverses but again they weren't cartoon characters

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rojixus

Rojixus WE. ARE NOT. THE DECEPTICONS!!

G1, no contest.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Animated, since they actually had individual personalities outside of "we're evil worker dudes that can merge into a bigger dude."

• Like Like x 2
  9. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

G1. I gotta give it to the original combiners.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Probably G1 was the best, Animated may have been a little more fleshed out for character, but the fact they never actually combined rubbed me the wrong way.

Honestly though, they were never really fleshed out in any series a whole lot and kinda felt generic like most combiner groups, and the only combiner group that was really given a lot of character and dynamic was the FoC Combaticons. Really, all combiner groups need to more fleshed out and given some actually depth to the characters and have a dynamic other than they combine and they are part of this gimmick.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1

12. Kristopher Redmond

Kristopher Redmond Jackie

We would've had more members of them and the wouldve combined to form devastator(with bulkhead as a member) in season 4 but.....

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Does the Autobot Build Team from RID2001 count? I'm going to guess not since they aren't actually Constructicons.

So... of the ACTUAL Constructicon teams...

G1 is easily the best here.

Energon suffers because there's 5 members but only 3 molds. It's like they were hoping no one would notice that two of the limbs were formed by the same figure as long as they use one as a leg and one as an arm it looks like there's 5 molds there... but then you look at them individually and quickly realize they're just really lazy.

Animated Constructicons are good individually because they don't actually combine. Also there's only 3 of them... Technically this about the best Constructicons not the best Devastator so these guys could be better as individual characters... especially Mixmaster who I think was already the best in G1 but the Animated version one upped him. If this was only about Mixmaster on his own I'd change my vote to Animated but as a group I still have to go with G1 because of the whole combiner aspect.

RotF.. Can we just forget that one even existed? Gawd he was a mess. The design, the portrayal, everything about them is inconsistent and all over the place... Some times literally all over the place as several members of the team are shown in multiple locations at the same time. How many individual members even are there exactly? It seems to take anywhere from 5 to 9 Constructicons to form Devastator. Some times it seems like Devastator himself is a separate character entirely rather than a combined form of multiple members. Some members have multiple names or are possibly multiple characters with the same body type. Nothing about this thing makes any sense. This is easily the worst team of Constructicons there is. Energon Constructicons were lazy designs but at least I knew what they were doing. I haven't got a freaking clue what the hell these guys are doing.

14. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

G1 for engaging tales of their lives since old Cybertron, starting with all vicissitudes involving Megatron besides Scrapper was a funny guy ,his face surely helped him,although as all other ones he could have developed a little more in the series.
    Instead I was surprised than in Animated, Constructicons can be written well also in another lighter way,Scrapper and Mixmaster were hilarious with their plots and approach to war,sometime opportunistic sometimes in absolute emergencies , with Scrapper also as short lived anti-heroe.
    So G1 are the winners but also Animated are memorable.

15. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Professional Lawn Mower

News Credits:
    I'll take'm all!

Bayverse had some batshit crazy designs.
    Animated ones were pretty good comic relief.
    I love the G1 designs and persanalities.

I don't count Constructicon Maximus from Energon.

16. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Animated and it's not even close.

• Like Like x 1