1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

What should the next Transformers movie be about?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to guess they're going to greenlight Bumblebee II, and fairly quickly. I could see it in theaters as early as December 2020.

So going off of that, it'll pick up the story two years later. Bumblebee will be alone again, the other Autobots having returned to Cybertron for a new offensive which we'll see in brief snippets. Barricade has arrived on Earth and beats Bumblebee pretty badly, and Bumblebee has no choice but to seek out his old friend Charlie, now working at an auto body shop and going to college part-time.

Burns is tracking Decepticons and it's revealed he is keeping Bumblebee's location a secret from Sector 7. Sector 7 has located Megatron in the Arctic, because what's one more continuity error, and when they try to move him he thaws out and wakes up. Burns is forced to reveal he knows where Bumblebee is, putting his career in jeopardy.

Barricade rendezvous with Megatron, who can't find the Allspark, leading to a confrontation with Bumblebee where he must defeat both of them. He succeeds, and Sector 7 promises both Decepticons will be dismantled, but they secretly bring both to Hoover Dam. In the final scene, we see they also have the Allspark.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Optimus in the 90's trying to find the rest of the Autobots to regroup with Bumblebee sent out as a scout and reuniting in the end. A movie of Prime largely alone not having a team to rely on, seeing what he's really made of.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

a time travel movie which erases everything that happened after Optimus scanned that new truck in AOE .

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

It's ok to keep Megatron frozen under the Hoover dam. But like what bumblebee already did is to retcon elements from the bay movies.
    In the end, the bay movies should not restrict the creative freedom for any future transformers movies.
    If you ask me, i would prefer to retcon or even completely ignore all bay movies.

• Like Like x 3
  5. KrazyKraang

KrazyKraang Krazed Kraang

The next Transformers movie should be none of these. We need a movie about a generic Decepticon solider.

6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Technobot

News Credits:
    It should be about Megatron!

[​IMG]

:eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    It definitely won’t be the next thing, but I would love if they did a War for Cybertron trilogy. Basically a trilogy that takes the best things from the aligned continuity.

The first movie is basically all about the political situation on Cybertron. As someone who likes politics in fiction (like the Star Wars prequels and Transformers Exodus in the aligned continuity, I would watch the heck out of this movie if it were done right). Have it end with Prime getting the Matrix and Megatron declaring Prime as his enemy.

The second movie is the war for Cybertron. Have all of these battles, some well known characters battling it out, etc. Basically a war movie meets Transformers. Have it end with typical “Cybertron is shutting down because our war has inflicted so much damage” ending. Or, keeping in with the continuity of Bumblebee, Cybertron has finally fallen into the hands of the Decepticons and the Autobots are trying to flee. Personally, I prefer the former.

The third is the fall of Cybertron. Everyone’s trying to get off the planet, Autobots and Decepticons are fighting over the last remnants of Energon, and the Autobots are preparing the Ark. have it end with them fighting in space and crashing on earth.

I would expand on this more just so it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to completely rip off the aligned continuity, but I would have A LOT of paragraphs and words by the time I finished.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!

I really want them to expand on the universe. I would love to see a Cybertron movie.

9. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I'd like for the next movie for the autobots to all meet up in the end. The whole story I'd want to see the journey of each Autobot that leads them to meet with one another. For main villain I'd like it to be Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. Megatron can be mentioned or hinted but I don't want him to show up til the movie following.

10. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Active Member

Not sure if I'd want to see this as the next Transformers film, but I would love to see something along these lines in the future; let's take some of the better elements of TLK and Bayformers in general and match it up with some G1 space opera. It needs a lot of fixing, but I think the basic idea is not too bad.

Transformers: 'Till all are one / End of the Road / War to End All Wars / Devastation / Annihilation / Age of Chaos / WHATEVER

PART I

The war between autobots and decepticons has ravaged Earth for a couple of centuries and most of the human kind has lost faith in Autobots' ability to protect them; a small yet persistent group still works together with them in secret. Autobots and Decepticons have both faced the fact that their attempts at destroying or stopping the other have brought massive casualties upon them and what little victories they may have achieved often came with a terrible price. Battles have ceased, but assasination and scouting missions are often going on under the radar... Faction leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron have both left Earth; Optimus with a small crew (Ratchet, Ironhide?) to find and gather remaining autobots scattered among the stars and Megatron has returned to Cybertron with the intention to find something to finally turn the tide of their struggles and restore the race of Transformers to their former glory; respected and feared might that no other civilization dares to challenge - for there are rumours that other beings in the vastness of Universe have seen their weakened state and might try to rip off whatever last remains of the ancient resources, powers and artifacts they might still posses. The race of Transformers, once so powerful, has passed into a nomadic people without any hope for another dawn.

Megatron, having studied the secrets and stories of old, journeys deep into Cybertron, finding someone imrpisoned and sealed deep within... One of the 13. One of the Primes. The traitor Prime. The Fallen. Knowing which strings to pull with power-hungry and bitter Megatron who is deeply concerned about the current state of their race, as twisted as his views of life might indeed be, Fallen tricks Megatron to pursue and old device made by the Original 13; something that can reactivate the dead Energon core of Cybertron and cyberform organic matter... Sharing many of Fallen's beliefs - which also inspired him in the first place back in the day, Megatron sets off to pursue that device, The Omega Lock, which was hidden long ago on... ironically enough, and I'm sure you guessed it already, Earth. They set up a plan to draw Optimus Prime back to the Earth, for they need his Matrix to unlock The Omega Lock's power. Little does Megatron know about why the Lock was hidden in the first place and what kind of a cosmic being it's activation might draw close...

--

Optimus Prime and his crew receive an emergency message when listening to an old autobot frequency from the early days of war; while considering the possibility of a trap, they decide to follow it. The signal leads them to a strange, barren planet where a they find a couple of Dinobots (those left alive...) imprisoned by a group of Decepticons lead by Thunderwing/Lockdown/Tarn, who're not quite as loyal to Megatron as you might expect and are pursuing their own agenda in search for old Cybertronian relics... And, how convenient, it was the Dinobots who journeyed to Earth with one of the Original Primes during the days when dinosaurs still walked there, to hid something... yes, the Omega Lock. Optimus and his crew manages to defeat the Decepticons in a battle and thanks to few surviging dinobots, they learn of Decepticons plans; Megatron has sent a message where he's rallying decepticons across the galaxies to join him in his quest to find the Omega Lock... unkwoning of the chaos and darkness it's released power might bring upon them... for such a energy burst, consisting of Energon & the very power of their creator, Primus, would not go unnoticed by one of the most ancient beings in the Universe. The One. The Chaos Bringer.

Optimus and co. set course to Earth and they also rally the Autobots on Earth.

In Earth, autobots and decepticons try to find out the location of the Omega Lock and it's Guardian, Omega Supreme(?)... In the end, the Decepticons manage to retrieve the Lock but the Autobots of Earth, along with some of their human allies, surprise them. The battle rages on and Autobots seem to have the edge, until... yeah, let's have that MEGATRON COMES IN LIKE SAURON moment here! Tide of the battle changes.

Meanwhile, Optimus and co. are close to Earth and locate their allies, now outnumbered against Megatron and his decepticons. Optimus sets up an attack strategy and "the veterans" - Ironhide, Ratchet, Swoop, some other dinobots and Optimus Prime himself join the battle and force decepticons, some of the severely injured, to retreat. They manage to take the Lock with them though and once again, victory does not come cheap...

Part II

Injured yet somewhat satisfied Megatron sends a message across the Earth; should Prime not come and bring the Matrix with him, he shall destroy all that is left of Earth's cities and population. Optimus and Autobots are now in a difficult position; their resources and numbers are not enough to effectively defeat Megatron before he can implement his threat and giving the Matrix would bring possible doom to Earth anyway.

Sensing his time has finally come, an ancient autobot called Vector Prime arrives to Earth, informing Optimus that the revelation of the Omega Lock is the beginning of a possible end, for it was not meant to be found before the war was ended and The Ancient Enemy defeated; for activating the Lock would wake Cybertron/Primus from it's slumber, break the Seal of the Fallen and the eternal link between the forces of Creation and Destruction would lead the latter into Cybertron, and possibly Earth as well.

As a last resort, Optimus tries to arrange a negotiation between the factions and while Megatron doesn't change his mind, the words of two Primes manage to create some seeds of dispute among the Decepticons. However, a battle breaks out with the autobots giving a shot for one last desperate attack with their full roster; Megatron is ready to even sacrifice his ancient home, believing that The Omega Lock would finally provide them with power and resources to grow and restore their former strenght as a dominative race.

Optimus attacks fully armed with a small group consisting of their biggest guns (literally) and Hot Rod / now rather seasoned warrior, Rodimus leading another small force to attack from the side while the remaining Dinobots rampage from the other wing. Autobots manage to wipe out several decepticons on the front lines, but decepticons have some massive fire power on their side, with Shockwave holding their ground almost on his own and Starscream flying around with a small group of other fliers. Extremely skilled, agile and lethal fighter as he is, Sideswipe manages to break through the rain of blaster fire and make enough mess within the enemy lines so that the rest of the autobots can push forward; Ironhide manages to drop Starscream from the air and Optimus, who's rampaging through with his melee weapons stabs him with his blade, while Ironhide takes care of the rest... Starscream is down, though not quite dead yet, as he crawls out of the way when Shockwave begins ruthless firing, managing to kill Sideswipe and injure a couple of others; Ratchet drags them to safety while Ironhide covers with heavy fire. Optimus reaches Megatron while Rodimus' group manages to draw Shockwave's attention. Dinobots rampage to the center of the battle, but Swoop is killed by Megatron whose axe and quick, accurate shot from his arm cannon does the job... Optimus and Megatron brawl through the devastated streets. Megatron can't quite match the desperate Prime and the morale of the decepticons seems to be breaking in general. Shockwave takes the lead and orders remaining decepticons to retreat, stating that they're pretty much spent; autobots have suffered heavy casualties as well but their remaining troops manage to defeat the decepticons. Shockwave retreats with a handful of "faithful" soldiers, but many of the remaining decepticons either surrender or are too injured to carry on the battle.

Optimus asks dying Megatron "why..?" and Megatron states that his hate towards Prime and how his decisions have made their people diminish goes so deep that he can't even remember where it all started... Prime expresses his regret that he couldn't see the Megatron he once knew anymore and how twisted and wicked his views and actions grew over time. Bidding his final farewell, Prime pulls the trigger and ends Megatron's struggle.

The city is in ruins. Humans are grieving and crying. Autobots are tired and grieving as well. Optimus looks into a sky and feels that something has changed... They're victorious, but how can he save his people from the ultimate doom?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I would like

1. Optimus movie how he got off Cybertron to earth in 1987 and the adventure he had before meeting up with Bumblebee maybe he runs into Blitzwing and we get to Bumblebee’s “friend”
    2. War for Cybertron animated movie which is essentially 120 minutes of the opening of Bumblebee ending in how that movie began
    3. A straight up Bumblebee sequal as they locate the scattered Autobots
    4. Finally a Avengers like big war on earth which all these movies lead into which has the cast of the three movies listed above

And that’s pretty much the next couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KrazyKraang

KrazyKraang Krazed Kraang

10 years in the future the writers of the Transformers movies will have no ideas on what the next movie should be. One of them will go onto an old thread from 2019 and read this. He will say,"What looks like gay fan fiction is really a piece of intellectual brilliance I will steal this fan's script and ideas and credit them for myself. I will make the Ultimate movie."

• Like Like x 1
  13. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Active Member

Haha. :D 

The outline needs some refining though (and I did add a few bits already), it was originally a plan for a fan comic / stop motion project of mine, but... oh well, time will tell. The Lock should get activated at some point, since it would give more or less logical (I mean, as far as logic goes with this kind of fiction) reason for Unicron to make his way to it's location. I'm definitely not against the "Unicron is inside Earth" thing that has been going on for a while now in TF fiction, but I wanted to go with old-school and take a note from Furman's book by making awaken Primus/Omega Lock as a "beacon" for Unicron and give plausible explanation for why the Lock was hidden and guarded in the first place. Autobots should perhaps go through a bit more struggle to achieve the victory, now the outline is a bit too reminiscent of DOTM final battle.

Anyway, one of the main ideas was to put Optimus in a tough situation not only as a faction leader and commander but also as a leader of his people as whole. I also outlined a scenario where quite many of the decepticons, after the defeat of Megatron, actually join their cause to defeat Unicron who now threatens their whole race, or what is left of it anyway. Being a Prime, Optimus would probably have visions and quick flashes of something approaching; that is due to the "lineage of Primes" and him carrying piece of the essence of their very origin, Matrix of Leadership. A possible continuation would deal with post-Unicron era of rebuild, scheming of Decepticon loyalist led by Tarn, who's trying to set up a reign of his own and keep Megatron's original vision of the dominant people respected through the galaxy alive, without making the same mistakes Megatron did... We could also see Fallen, now freed from his slumber and now carrying a small piece of Unicron's powers within him, trying to annihilate the remnants of Cybertron's core/Primus. Optimus Prime, assuming he eventually survived the Unicron battles, drifts in space, awoken in a new body, feeling almost reborn; I took the inspiration of IDW's Death of Optimus Prime and the idea of him feeling that "Orion Pax is reborn" - in a way. However, (still working on the details) he'd be dragged into a battle again when Fallen/Tarn seems to be after him and seeds of conflict are already blooming under the surface... Optimus' personal story arc would deal with his role in a post-Megatron/Unicron era, where the war between Autobots and Decepticons is in a state of a frozen conflict with little outbreaks now occuring here and there... Optimus feels like he's sort of disconnected from that world and that his involvement would actually feed, not help to cease the conflict. In the end, Optimus has to save Rodimus and a couple of other autobots from decepticons on Earth, which might still be part of the story as an almost post-apocalyptic setting (not quite to a same extent as Regeneration One, but there's a bit of that setting here); Optimus might also scan a new truck mode there. More toys! It might be a perfect opportunity to AoE/TLK style Knight design to reappear, since a sword with saturated with the last remnants of Matrix (which could have shattered during the battle against Unicron due to releasing it's powers in the end) sounds like a corny but very cool idea with that kind of a OP design and that kind of a drastic change would underline the concept of a "reborn Prime". Optimus and Rodimus, who might even be ranked as a Prime already, defeat the decepticons and kill Tarn. In the end, we would see a battle near Cybertron's core, where Fallen would eventually be defeated by Prime striking him with the mentioned Matrix Blade. Cybertron's restoring process is secured, another decepticon taking the mantle of a faction leader is defeated, along with the Fallen and Optimus Prime has returned to Cybertron. But... what is his role there? Does he have a place in a world reborn, or is he just a relic of war in a world now possibly freed from it? Can he truly enjoy and embrace the peace he fought for so long that the road to peace made actually made him what he is and the ultimate goal, finally achieved seems almost alien to him?

Or... what if it never ends?
    --

Fallen is probaly overall the biggest issue of the whole arc I've been toying with for far too long; he's an interesting, ancient force playing his game in the shadows to achieve an ultimate goal, but in the end, is his goal interesting enough? What are his motives? Being just "corrupted by Unicron" is a tad bit too lousy, I guess.

I know that the concept of "multiversal beings" isn't exactly the most beloved idea that has been introduced to the franchise, but I've toyed with some parts of it... What makes the Original Primes special enough? They explored the universe and made artifacts and devices that are stuff of legend even billions of years later and play constantly a huge part in Transformers fiction, the Omega Lock here is a fine example. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm going too much TF meets 2001: Space Odyssey here, but I kind of like the idea that The 13 were able to reach a very evolved, even god-like level of existence, where they figured out secrets of space, time and alternate timelines; this might justify Vector Prime's sudden arrival right when one of the biggest entities in the universe, Unicron, is awakening from it's slumber. Fallen, being the traitor and kind of a "Herald of Unicron" here, was robbed of his "god-like" powers long ago and sealed away... And being freed in the story, one of his goals might be to reach that higher level of existence again, at least if it could be tied to some of the major artifacts and factors already present in the story...

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but just mentioning.

I know, the whole thing got a bit out of hand... :D  But to move things slightly more on-topic, yes, I think it would be interesting to see some of these elements in a future TF films.

Ehhhhh.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I read everything but this here at the beginning is my favorite part.Of course this can be in the final phase of the movies when everyone is just tired but that's what I like.We haven't seen much of that.

15. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I want to see a movie with Spike and Hot Rod. the real hot rod. both are in the mold of a Han solo character and through out the movie they take on too much themselves and get people hurt in the process. at the end they take on the decepticons together and realize they need and care for each other like brothers. you can make spike an orphan whose parents died 2 months after he was born........ and through nexus prime he and hot rod get sent back in time to 1997 to save his parents.......... who one is charlie watts......... and then bumblebee 2 movie right there.... and can take elements from back to the future ...

16. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Active Member

True. That's one of the elements I actually like in Bayformers Prime quite a lot; he's a seasoned, tired, traumatized veteran who's sort of "had enough" and knows that even ruthless actions are now necessary. Obviously, it might very well be that some of these character traits were unintentionally created, thanks to lousy writing. And that doesn't make all those IKILLYOUs any better, but there are many things in Bayformers Prime that I find as fresh and interesting rather than horrible violation of a classic, fan-favourite character; there's some of that too, of course and what good Bayformers Prime indeed had was very underdeveloped for the most part, even though the first movie, DOTM and AoE occasionally managed to give him some depth.

17. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With Lorenzo’s reluctance to make a prime movie, I think it’s pretty funny becos essentially AOe was an optimus prime movie
    He was the one getting discovered in a shit hole (as opppsed to bee in tf07 and bee movie)
    He had a “man and his truck” (as opposed to “boy/girl and car) relationship with Cade
    He was even the one who became a “dimsal in distress” and had to be rescued as opposed to bee (in tf07/bee)
    And he had to believe in humanity again by essentially doing a 180 by the time the credits toll

18. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Casual G1 fan and 1st trilogy apologist

That's pretty similar to what I'd like to see, except each one is a trilogy
    BB 1
    Cybertron 1
    Optimus 1
    TF Reboot 1

BB 2
    Cybertron 2
    Optimus 2
    TF Reboot 2

BB 3
    Cybertron 3
    Optimus 3
    TF Reboot 3

all taking place around the late 80's - mid 90's

and then Beast Wars happens, but it takes place in the late 90's
    with theme park alt modes

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Oh that’s ambitious :) 

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It should be about Allspark Productions taking back control from Lorenzo.

• Like Like x 4