1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

What should the next Transformers movie be about?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jan 2, 2019.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

Mountain Dew Transformer vs. Michael Bloomberg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

It should tie up the loose ends in The Last Knight and give the series a proper ending ;) 

3. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Onionus Prime is lonely. Abandoned by his lover for Prince Charming, his fellow Ogrebots and Fiona having distanced himself due to his questionable relationship choices, and being hunted by Drek's Head, the freelance peace-keeping agent hired by Lord Farquaad to rid Duloc of all fairy tale Transformers, Prime retreats into the deepest swamps of the world. There, he meets Shrek-Gar, leader of the Swampions, whose culture is based on radio clips of Smash Mouth picked up from remote signals. Their friendship helps both Transformers endure hardships and rediscover the layers to their beings.

This isn't just any Transformers flick. This is The Shrekformers: The Movie. Beyond Good. Beyond Drek. Beyond your most ogre-the-top and crappy fan fiction.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Brain Microchips

News Credits:
    You really like Shrek, huh?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Yes! I remember in high school going by myself to catch a matinee showing of Shrek at the old movie theater in town, and I loved it. The characters, the humor, the story, the music, and the simultaneously not-realistic yet very much real animation and world the animation captured.

Furthermore, Shrek and Transformers have some similarities. They're both over-the-top, or ogre-the-top in Shrek's case. They both have some surprising humor one wouldn't expect. They both have Shrek-cellent music choices, whether in the scores or soundtracks. Neither one is real world realistic.

But perhaps most importantly, Transformers is, "More than meets the eye," while ogres are like onions, because both have layers. In other words, ogres are also more than meets the eye. Even Shrek laments how humans see him as this big, dumb, evil, ugly ogre, when he's really not.

Plus, Transformers always had stupid names and puns, and the endless Shrek puns that can be made means that the two gel together quite well. Since Spielberg has been involved with both franchises in the past, perhaps he could get Paramount and Hasbro on board for a Shrekformers movie.

And like Shrek, I'm very much at home by myself, in a nice cozy swamp or pond with muck bottoms that are a slog to trek through and rotting water weeds everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Temenos

Temenos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'd be better off just burning a truck load of money.

• Like Like x 3
  7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Same here.I spend a lot of times at home and living a lonely life...it's not as swamp-tastic but I'm just different and feeling like Shrek among many when I'm outside but still once in a while I have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Doubt that a last knight sequel would get made but here it goes.

The final film in this bayformers/bumblebee series before a complete reboot.

Call it Transformers:Brothers
    Have the focus be on Optimus and Megatron.
    Have it set in california, final battle Near Mt. Shasta.
    Have prime and the autobots be rebuilding cybertron and transformers landing on earth all the majority side with the autobots. With cybertron being rebuilt with humanities help. The transformers can start having G1ish designs like bumblebee, say due to war or what have you their designs changed over the years. Many of the mainstream audience would not care all that much.
    Make megatron the main character, make it a decepticons story, something the franchise lacks majorly. And people actually seem interested in that, since it hasn't happened and multiple people I have talked to have liked the idea. Make prime the "villain", as we follow megatron as he reveals that their is one last decepticon army on the nemesis, seen in rotf, use this as a chance to ACTUALLY fix continuity and win people completely back.

Have the main reveal be that Megatron is trying to kill unicron, but he needs 3 things to succeed. Have him learn this from quintessa, showing him kill her in this scene reastablishing him as a valid threat by axing the previous villain. He has to collect 3 items, Quintessa's staff, the fallen's staff (in ksi headquarters) and the matrix. Reveal that when megs was in ksi he learned space bridge technology while hooked up to sentinels head. So he can use the space bridges to transport his army to earth one last time for the final battle. Megatron then proceeds to take the fallen's staff from ksi, steal quintessa's from a rebuilt cybertron run by the 'bots, but he needs the matrix from optimus, and he knows prime won't give it to him. So, have him meet with prime on a beach in a remote location where they talk, megatron reveals he wants the matrix (prime obviously refuses), knowing prime wouldn't give it to him, he reveals he is holding a town hostage near mt. Shasta, he will be there waiting for the autobots and prime or they all die. Prime, infuriated, bears down a full assault with human and cybertronian help to whipe out the decepticons once and for all in shasta. Megatron, in shasta, then reveals his plan and surprise attacks prime with all his forces via space bridge. 1 last battle ensues, prime and megatron have a final bout on the mountain side during the chaos. Then, megatron finally defeats optimus.

Granted remember at this point in the films this is a very different megatron from tf1. Have him forceably remove the matrix from prime, showing he actually "earned it", as the matrix isn't found, it is earned. Prime is in disbelief. Megatron tells prime he actually is trying to save cybertron, and earth in the process, as unicron is rising, have him tell prime he didnt just choose mt shasta for no reason, he reveals the volcano is actually an exhaust shaft for unicron. And that flying into it will lead to unicron's spark (death star style). He then combines the staff's and the matrix and flies in the volcano, which is blasted open using a seed by a deception fighter, prime watches him fly in and remarks "brother?" Or something emotional and then have a badly hurt megatron charge into unicron killing him once and for all with the power of all three items. Prime tells how megatron saved earth and cybteron so now both can coexist in harmony.

Extra sub plots: Megatron meets with axor, a real character in Tf fiction, who is a prodigy of lockdown. Axor controls the remaining mercenaries that once were on lockdown's ship, revealing he has a beef with the bots for prime killing lockdown and taking the knight ship. Megatron uses this to his advantage and convinced Axor to help him because megatron needs as many soldiers as possible. Also promising axor a possibility to get the knightship back. Which we then see axor leading the cons through the space bridge in lockdown's drop ship, whilethe cons fly with a rebuilt nemesis and two deception drop ships from dotm, while the autobots charge in with the knightship, the knights of cybetron's ship(ship bee and prime fight on) and human forces. Have axor take down the knightship, fighting the bots in the inside, and also have him blow a seed over the volcano to open up a tube for megatron to kill unicron from. Bumblebee barricade fight 1 last time. Dinobots and dragon knights fight some giant decepticon monster.
    Budget ridiculously high
    Director, anyone but bay

Tons of money guaranteed.

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I hope they retcon the last two Bay movies, and give us a proper finale to the series... Then they can reboot it with Bumblebee as the first movie.

10. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this but having megatron be the hero and prime villain would be a turn off for general audience. Have your story but present megatron sacrifice as a twist at end but tell it from primes POV as always

11. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Whatever it is have the decepticons actually do something

12. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Well I was kinda thinking of that. Like tell it still from megatron's pov, but let the audience still think he is the villain, but the twist ending be he is saving earth not destroying it. So yeah, but I had to reveal it in this thread piece for it to make sense.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd be really interested if they did an adaption of Chaos Theory and Shadowplay or something completely new.

Nothing related to what they've done so far, it doesn't work. No more mute 'bee; no more taking characters agency by taking their memory and making them into a side kick. Less fragile robots

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  14. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

Anything set in the new Knightverse. :) 

Dear Paramount, give the keys to Travis.

• Like Like x 4
  15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give me one using the Ancient Rome setting. I'd very much like to see how that would play out.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Eh. I'd prefer to stay out of Earth's History from here on out. We've finally gotten a Transformer movie that avoided going back to that dried-up old well again, and hot damn was it a blast of fresh air.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

TLK couldn't even tie up it's own loose ends, and definitely not any ends of the previous movies, regardless of all the trailers that deceptively asked, "So you wanna know why they keep coming here?". A proper ending for such a disjointed and discombobulated mess, along with it's 4 predecessors, is to proceed without even acknowledging its existence ever again, and doing a complete reboot. . .

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Travis Knight give us the animated War For Cybertron.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

“Complete reboot”? Lmao

20. Superhans

Superhans Active Member

News Credits:
    A lot of fanciful thinking in this thread. The things you can probably take for granted are:

- Set predominately on earth
    - Includes Bumblebee and Optimus Prime
    - Budget commensurate to Bumblebee (assuming Hasbro/Allspark studios again co-finances)
    - Slightly widened scope in terms of Transformer cast
    - Human-centric story, probably aimed again at a YA audience

With that said, it’s probably going to be a direct sequel to Bumblebee, set again in the 1980s. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s titled “Transformers: Bumblebee and Optimus” or similar.

What it absolutely will not be is a sequel to The Last Knight. Commercially and budgetarily, there’s no chance.