What SHOULD Optimus Prime's Origins Be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CyberstormSM, May 26, 2020.

1. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Yeah, he's been amazing in the series. My only beef with it was how HR got sidelined again because it seems like you cant have BB and HR in the same series. There can only be one plucky young autobot, and TF:TM pretty much made sure that'd always be BB.

They've been talking around it through the series. We know that he, Megatron, and Ultra Magnus all served Alpha Trion in some capacity. We know that they were all friends, and it seems like his murder was what set off the war that's consumed all of Cybertron. I am hoping that they flesh it out, but not too much. I like the way the vagueness of everything allows other characters to flesh things out from their perspective. I don't really want to hear Megatron justify what he did, or have Optimus try and defend the gradual progress he was (likely) championing. I'd rather hear Impactor describe how he was an actual slave, or see how the even though thr war took everything from Mirage he was still largely unaware of his own privilege until Impactor pointed it out to him.

I feel like if we know too much about Optimus or Megatron it takes away all the grey areas around the war that makes things so compelling. We know Megatron is a bad dude from his actions in WFC, and we know Optimus is struggling to lead, but I don't want to know everything about either of them. The worst part about G1 was how it was all black and whites because it was a kids show to sell toys.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

The designs in War within were great, and still stick with me lol