What should Nemesis Prime be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megastar, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Pick 2 of your favorite.

1. Evil clone

54.3%
  2. Doppelganger from another universe

32.6%
  3. Optimus Prime turned evil

30.4%
  4. Separate character

56.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I agree with the notion of him being a manifestation of Prime's darker thoughts. I do care a bit more about how physical appearence, though.

Basically, I want him to be noticeably different from Prime. I'm not talking Scourge/RiD Optimus Prime levels, but you should be able to tell, even if they were colored the same, one is Optimus Prime and one is Nemesis Prime/Scourge. Make Nemesis Prime significantly taller, a head or two at least. Additionally, a different, "eviler" headsculpt, and different weapons. While I'd prefer him to use the Vorpal/Dark Saber like his Armada incarnation had, just some kind of sword or even a very evil-looking axe would be fine by me. Essentially, what Prime would look like as a Decepticon just as much as what Optimus Prime could see himself becoming if he gave into his darker impulses.

2. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have my own head cannon/fanfic origin which is tied to the G1 cartoon:
    When Alpha Trion rebuilt Orion Pax into Optimus Prime, AT had 3 bodies (the OP body) in three colors: red, white and black.
    After Orion Pax used the red body, his friend Dion was taken to AT and was given the white body, but because his spark was so weak he needed enhancements to survive, thus the Ultra Magnus armor over the OP body. AT then tried to give the black body an original spark basing him on Orion Pax's memory banks that he saved when he downloaded Pax's memories (but tweaked to create the honorable Optimus). The file AT had, got corrupted while the upload into the black body was in progress from a decepticon attack on his location, leading to "the bad stuff" AT had cleaned out from Pax's memory bank going into the black body, thus giving us Nemesis Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

Scourge*

• Like Like x 5
  4. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    My preference for nemesis prime is a separate character all together looking at 2001 RID

• Like Like x 2
  5. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

Nemesis Prime would be the manifestation of Rodimus Prime's feelings of guilt and self-doubt. He would be, metaphorically and literally, the shadow cast by Optimus Prime on his successor. Rodimus would overcome Nemesis by letting go of his demons and becoming the confident leader the Matrix foresaw.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I like Nemesis Prime as a bad end of Optimus Prime, brought into the main timeline through one way or another, unless Rodimus or some other autobot commander is the leader or the Optimus we follow is something like a clone or Hi-Q or a quantum duplicate or something which would allow Nemesis to be the original Optimus of that timeline instead. I'd prefer him to have a different design compared to Optimus, but sharing the same dna as him, clearly as an evolution of Optimus Prime with a new color scheme, rather than a completely different look with similar visual cues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did actually like in Car Robots how he was a scanning mistake between Optimus and a Tanker truck. but i also liked how he was a reprogrammed Optimus in The Last Knight.
    Although i loved Transformers Prime, the mech piloted knock off was my least favourite.

8. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

Isn't that the Fallen's origin?

9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should do the twist where Nemesis was the Fallen only to have his memories erased and finds himself with Alpha Trion as Orion Pax just to mix it up on how many "Arisen" storylines they keep on trying.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

As long as they avoid making Megatron the arisen for stereotypical bait and switch.

11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of.

12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Nemesis Prime should be retired so Scourge can get some attention again.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Scourge - The result of an cloning experiment gone wrong Named himself Scourge after Mutilating the other scourge. Scourge is Neither Autobot nor Decepticon. But a neutral force that does how he pleases. 35 ft tall.

"Nemesis" prime A Optimus that was corrupted by unicron like how the outer gods tormented Ramjet in Universe. 32 ft 6 inches tall

Nemesis-00 - A shitty earth made knockoff made by M.E.C.H and further upgraded by K.S.I . Later gains sentience and starts Destroying Outposts and freeing others like him. 30 ft tall

14. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

upload_2021-8-8_14-31-17.png

• Like Like x 5
  15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Well Nemesis Prime should be one of many Unicron's First Heralds that mirror the Primus' 13 Primes, Nemesis is the rival of Prima, unlike him, Nemesis can shape changes to any Primes' dark side of the Matrix of Leadership.

16. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

I'm ok with Nemesis being "just Prime but black and evil", but I think we can do better than that. Here's my take:

The son of an elite guardsman and close friend to Optimus, Sentinel was only a rookie soldier when an Autobot stronghold his squad was defending got attacked. They would successfully drive the Cons back, but Sentinels brother would give his spark saving two other autobots who's theatrics put them wildy out of position and up against an enemy they couldn't hope to beat. This enraged Sentinel, who gave the two foolish bots quite a repair bill before being restrained.
    Years later, now an elite soldier himself, the expert strategist known as Scourge is kind to those he deems strong, but has no tolerance for "heroic nonsense" and little problem trading a few pawns to take out high ranking enemy leaders. He was no coward either, and his prowess on and off the battlefield made him feared by Autobot and Decepticon alike, earning his moniker "The Nemesis". Although he and Optimus fight for the same cause, they will inevitably end up fighting each other as well. As a character, Scourge contrasts with the idealism of Optimus and how war corrupts the Autobots no matter how "just" their cause is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Nemesis Prime(s) should be….

A series of experiments (gone wrong?) by Shockwave under the orders of Megatron to gain an advantage in the war. Of course Shockwave is looking out for himself and will eventually betray Megatron and this would be one of the ways he would attempt this, however the legions of Nemesis Primes would only look out for themselves and would eventually betray Shockwave. They would also only work with each other when it suits them and eventually betray each other. One of them would eventually rise to the top, G2 Laser Rod version aka RID Scourge.

Each experiment is a different toy version of Optimus Prime/any Prime thus you can have all the Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy repaints of Prime that you want.

There is no redemption arc of eventually being good as well, they fight for the Decepticon cause against the Autobots but each may see that they know the best.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Saberblade

Saberblade Such Heroic Nonsense!

Ebay:
    A different character. We've gotten enough of Nemesis Prime the evil clone created by Unicron. I want them too try something different

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

On the subject, I'm bored with the use of black and red/purple decos to represent evil versions of various characters. It's as bad as the "red eyes mean bad guys" crap.

Seriously: think of the dirtiest rat-bastard you've ever personally known-- a significantly bad person-- and consider whether they actually looked evil. No, probably not. The one I can think of presented very well and was actually quite attractive. She didn't consistently wear black and her eyes weren't red, nor did she wear wicked-looking jewelry or freaky makeup. She looked very normal, but it was her behavior that defined her character. Transformers isn't the worst offender at using stereotypical archetypes-- it's actually pretty common in entertainment media-- but it's so ridiculously predictable. I like edgy protagonists and even some sympathetic antagonists. Maybe a few on the ends of the extremes, but most falling comfortably within the fat part of the bell curve.

Don't misunderstand: a well-executed dark deco can make for a very impressive Transformer. But Nemesis Prime is about as cliche as Transformer villains get. Adopt the "evil clone" idea and he's even lamer.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's one of the reasons I really like Nova Prime's design.
    Yellow Eyes.png

He's even got blue eyes.

• Like Like x 2