What should I do?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rodimusconvoy, Feb 23, 2018.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Back in January I gave in and got into an auction for a Filmation Skeletor. I won it at the end, premium price. Paid the seller and they guy shipped. All good up to here. Forgot to mention: Im not in the US, but in Panama, however I do have a freight address on ebay, so everybody ships there and have worked really good since 2001.

The problem is, the idiotic seller shipped the figure along with an invoice declaring the FULL value of the figure. I dont see why a seller on ebay should do that if those invoices, you can get them either from ebay or paypal electronically. And seriously, even if Im in the US, do I want my wife to know that I spend so much on a figure that is supposed to be at 40 at most? Just because I wanted the figure so much and the company who make those freaking toys has not said anything in the regards of reissuing those figures, I need to pay more in taxes, taxes that are most likely going to the hands of the corrupt politicians here in Panama, because we all know they are going to rob it anyway.

Sorry for the rant - at this moment Im just waiting for the figure to get here, but chances are Im gonna hit him with a negative for that. Yes, Im doing it, I dont care.

2. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you ask him not to?

3. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get that you're mad about having to pay so much money for the things you collect, but I don't see why he needs a negative. He did everything right and followed all the rules.

You on the other hand want the seller to not follow ebay/shipping/customs rules, want to deceive your wife about the cost of your hobby, want to deceive your government by dodging taxes/fees. For someone that states that they abhor corruption.....

just sayin'

• Like Like x 7
  4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if something happens and the seller needs to file a postal claim, they will want what the figure sold for. You cant put $40 and the value and ask for the post office to give you way higher amount.

5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

/thread

• Like Like x 4
  6. rodimusconvoy

1. The way you say it, you make it looks like Im cheating on my wife with another woman or something....just sayin'
    2. I just want to avoid overpaying in taxes. Its just that I dont see the need to pay taxes over 180+ when the real thing is 40 or around 40.
    3. Not going to hit the guy with the neg because, yes, I failed on asking him for not to put the invoice inside the box. Just wanted to vent the thing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

At this point, all you can do is take this as a lesson learned. Communicate your wishes to the seller beforehand next time. Now you know, and...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. rodimusconvoy

That meme is getting very popular these days...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The seller isn't responsible for the taxes your country charges. For insurance purposes they have to put the full amount. If it gets lost or damaged I bet you would want the full amount back and not a lower declared value.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    By leaving this seller a negative for no reason, all you'd accomplish is make another seller think twice about selling internationally. As somebody in central/south America, a region of the world renowned for packages magically disappearing, you should be grateful that he even shipped to you at all.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018