What other properties could ACTUALLY work with Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nemesis Otaku, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

Star Wars
    M.A.S.K.
    G.I JOE
    Go-Bots
    Power Rangers Zeo
    Imagine the possibilities.
    -Autobots being mistaken for Machine Empire monsters
    -Megatron joining forces with King Mondo. Megatron offers Cybertronian technology for a planet that can rebuilded as new Cybertron.
    -Clank creating new Cogs nicknamed as "Decepticogs"
    Transforming into this. [​IMG]
    -Alpha, Billy modifying combiners to be zord compatible with help of Teletraan 1, Wheeljack and Perceptor.
    -Zeo Megazord combining with Omega Supreme/Superion combining with Red Battlezord
    -A lot of Ron Wasserman's music(Which is optional, but welcome)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

The Empire was incredibly racist. Please refer to the Disney Canon books Thrawn, Tarkin, and Death Star, which all mention how after the toppling of the Republic and Order 66, the Empire took a humans-first policy... which why the Rebellion was far more diverse than the Empire. The Empire actually enslaved Wookiees and forced them to build the Death Star. Also, look at the new movies. The First Order (with the exception of Lord Snoke), is entirely all human, and the Empire was entirely human (with the exception of Grand Admiral Thrawn).

Disney's CANON books Tarkin, Thrawn, and Death Star say differently. They all state that both Death Stars we built to as a show of force AND as an insurance against an unknown threat. And you have no solid evidence that the Death Star would be any good against Galactus or Unicron, except they are planet sized and the DS blew up planets. No idea how they would react to it.

Wait, wait, wait... Darth Plagueis' species is only discussed in Star Wars Legends novels... which you just said were stupid. You don't get to claim something is stupid and then claim it as evidence.

In Disney Canon, Darth Plagueus' species is unknown because the book by James Luceno is considered to be a Legends novel, and not canon... as technically is Lord Snoke's. Actually, practically EVERYTHING about DP is unknown because he's no longer got a Disney Canon book around him. Also, Darth Maul, while carrying the title of "Darth" was never exactly a Lord of the Sith the way Dooku and Vader were. The Emperor kept him low for a reason and that's documented in the Clone Wars cartoon. Further, of all the Disney Canon Moffs and Grand Admirals - all the ones with actual power - (and all the Legends ones too), only one - Thrawn - was an alien, and he was a near-human (Chiss, minus the blue skin and red eyes). According to most Disney canon books, Sidious did an excellent job of segregating humans and non-humans and used the Clone Wars as justification for it as most of the non-humans went with the Separatists.

So, no, the Emperor did not "surround" himself with aliens. He actually had a history of looking down on non-humans and using them as tools and little else, while also hating them pretty deeply. Was he smart about when and how he used aliens? Absolutely, and because of that his human and non-human body counts are pretty high.

3. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NONE

• Like Like x 1
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    As I've said before, I'm not at all against a Hasbro shared universe. In-fact I very much like the concept. It's just not been done well so far, but that doesn't mean the idea can't be done justice. As for other fictions that would work well with Transformers.

X-Files or Men in Black would be fun. Star Trek, definitely. Honestly, Star Wars would also probably work well, as long as the current people in charge of SW were nowhere near it. To be honest I think Transformers could honestly fit with a lot of things, as long as it was done right.

TMNT would definitely be fun too. I'd personally love to see a crossover with Bubblegum crisis and Transformers. Or My Hero Academia and TF.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You realize that citing Snoke, the Supreme Leader of the first order, as the only alien doesn't really help your case right? It would if he was some low level nobody but when he's the guy in charge of all those humans and you're trying to make a case for the humans being racist against aliens, if that were the case they wouldn't be supporting an alien overlord.

You could maybe make that case for the Empire however they do still work with aliens. It was an alien who reported the droids location to the Stormtroopers. That's how they were able to track them to the hanger as the Falcon was taking off. They also indirectly helped Jabba the Hutt. Vader was working with Boba Fett and allowed him to capture Han Solo alive to take back to Jabba. He even offered to compensate for any losses if Han were to die in the Carbon freeze chamber.

You didn't mention Disney's canon books, you said the Star Wars Expanded universe/Legends which is not canon. Tarkin, in the movies never says any such thing. Thrawn, honestly I can't even remember who that is. And the Death Star doesn't say anything, it's the subject of our current conversation but it's just an innanimate object so how can it say anything about why it was created when it's not even sentient. Even if it was sentient it likely wouldn't know why it was created since those kind of decisions would of been made before it existed and sentient things aren't typically born or created instantly knowing why it is they exist.

As to the other part... Unicron literally is a planet, the Death Star was built to destroy planets, there for the Death Star should be good against Unicron. The evidence couldn't be more solid than that. Galactus might be a little iffy since even though he's big he isn't really shaped like a planet. We don't really know how effective the weapon would be against something with a humanoid shape rather than a ball. But I seriously doubt that just being shaped differently would make that much of a difference.

The only real problem the Death Star might encounter is that unlike Alderan, Unicron and Galactus can fight back. Of course you could also make that argument for Ego yet you don't seem to doubt that the Death Star could destroy him. Maybe because the Death Star is designed to destroy planets and Ego is a planet?

Actually Darth Plagueis is still cannon because Palpatine mentioned him in Star Wars episode 3.
    And I still think Snoke could be him cause they look really similar. Palpatine claims that Plagueis couldn't prolong his own life but I think that's just what he believed that it wasn't really true. If Plagueis was still alive all that time hiding in the shadows then he could do the same thing again after the Last Jedi... that is if they do indeed turn out to be the same character. I'm not sure why others have given up on this theory just because Snoke died when he would of had to cheat death in order for the theory to work in the first place. Of course if it does turn out to be the case then in the next movie they're going to have to figure out how to defeat a guy that can't be killed.

Also I did not say that ALL of legends of stupid. You should pay more attention to context instead of just assuming that if it's true for one thing then it must be true for everything.

If it's supported by the films, then it is still canon, because everything in the films is canon. Darth Plagueis was mentioned in Star Wars episode three and the story Palpatine tells to Anakin lines up perfectly with the novels.

If it contradicts the films and only exists in the EU then there's no point in even bringing it up because it's not cannon and it's stupid because of that contradiction. The stuff your talking about isn't supported by the films. The films seem to tell an entirely different story there for it's stupid non-canon trash.

Nope, that's wrong. As I said above, everything in the movies is still canon. That includes the Opera Scene where Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Darth Plagueus the wise.

Now it's pretty much understood that Palpatine isn't telling the entire truth here because he tells Anakin that Plagueus was killed by his apprentice but fails to mention that he is that apprentice. The way he tells the story he makes it sound as if he's talking about some other unknown Sith when really he's talking about himself. We know this because the novel tells the exact same story heard in the movie except that in the novel we know it's Palpatine who kills his master. The other clue that he's talking about himself is the fact that there's no way he could even know about this story in the first place if it wasn't from personal experience. They can't really make that novel not canon without also making the movie non-canon as well.

Yoda's species is also unknown by the way. That has nothing to do with something being removed from canon, they just literally have never stated what that species is called. Even on the official Star Wars web site and source books his species has always been listed as unknown.

The cartoons really shouldn't be canon either. I mean they pretty much removed everything else that contradicted the movies but kept Rebels and Clone Wars? Darth Maul really should of stayed dead. As much as I wish he wasn't killed in the first movie bringing him back from the dead is even worse.

Plus there is so much conflicting information surrounding Maul. I've seen one story where his entire species are shown to have that have that two toned skin, another where it's shown he was born with entirely red skin and that the black marks are Sith tatoos he only got after becoming Darth Maul. There's one story where it's said that he is the last of his species due to the fact that the first thing he did when he became Darth Maul was to wipe out any record of his real name and wiped out his entire race just to be sure no one would ever know his true name. Yet we see in the clone wars series that others of his speices are still alive including his brother and there's no mention of Maul even attempting to kill them. It's like they totally abandoned the idea that Darth Maul's real name isn't known because he killed anyone who would know it. There are so many different conflicting origins for this character he's a big part of why the EU is so stupid.

And there is actually two Jedi Masters of the Zabrak species. Agen Kolar who was in epispdes 2 and 3, and Eeth Koth from episodes 1 and 2. Their roles are pretty freaking small, honestly I didn't even notice they were there. The only reason I know about them is because I have a Star Wars character guide book which even includes minor obscure characters like these guys. Anyway, based on their appearance, I can take this to mean Maul isn't the last of his species as some EU stories claim him to be, and that the Sith tatoo story is the most accurate one since neither of the Jedi Zabrak have those markings... yet every single Zabrak seen in the cartoon even the ones who aren't connected to the Sith, they all have those marking on their skin which suggests they aren't tatoos but rather are a natural feature of that species. So the cartoon contradicts the films. Considering Maul is the only one with a connection to the Sith, he's the only Zabrak who should have those tatoos, it makes no sense for the cartoon to show his entire species with those same markings when we know they don't naturally look like that.

BTW I also tried to look up Thrawn in this guide book... he's not mentioned in here. Though I also can't find Snoke in here even though I'm fairly sure I did see him in here before.

So you're telling me that the Emperor was never trained as a Sith Lord, did not have a Zabrak apprentice, did not obtain the original Death Star plans from the Neimoidians, did not employ a Kaleesh Cyborg general, did not assist a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in the capture of a human for a debt to a Hutt, and lets not forget that the only reason he became Emperor in the first place is because all different species voted to disband the Senate which is what allowed him to take power as the Emperor in the first place.

Palpatine not only did surround himself with aliens but he really didn't have any choice in the matter to begin with. They're all over the freaking place. Even if he was only using them in the beginning to gain power, there's still no sign of that hate you're talking about. Sure there are more humans than aliens I'll give you that but that could just as easily be explained away by other things such as real world budget or the fact that the majority of his forces are made of clones. The majority of all the characters in these movies are humans because it's cheaper to focus on mostly human characters.

That's like trying to claim that the Federation is racist because humans outnumber aliens. Except if they were truly racist they wouldn't employ aliens at all.

There are a lot of comparisons of the Empire/First Order to Nazis mostly due to the fact that the name Stormtrooper was literally taken from WW2 German soldiers. But if this racism really existed aliens would be in hiding or in concentration camps not free to run around doing whatever they want so long as they support the empire. There's no sign of any such concentration camps existing in the Star Wars universe, the only evidence you have of the Emperor being racist is that the vast majority of his soldiers are human. Except he isn't actively going around killing any non-human species he comes across. Stormtroopers make no attempts to kill any of the aliens they run into unless they're actively working with the rebel alliance.

Honestly the only case for racism I think you could make is the obvious hatred of the sand people. They're shown to attack totally unprovoked for no apparent reason. Even though they have primitive weapons and clothing they're treated no better than animals by both sides. There's all these different languages in Star Wars that it seems like everyone can understand except no one talks to the Sand people and they don't seem to ever talk to anyone outside their own tribes. The way they deal with them is almost like how you might deal with a bear in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    And that one almost happened...

The fact that they even considered it goes to show that they believed that Transformers could stand alongside DC’s heroes. Despite the kind of obvious strength advantage of the latter.

Star Wars is definitely a concept they I feel could be explored, they’re aliens and no strangers to war so they’d fit right in.

The only prejudice I feel they’d experience is being viewed as droids due to their machine nature.

• Like Like x 2
  7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think Beast Wars/Machines and Star Trek TNG would be pretty cool together. I've always imagined the Borg seeing the Maximals and how they blend machine and oragnic and wonder whether the Borg would consider them abominations or would they try to assimilate them so they could better adapt between organic and inorganic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

May I ask what you mean by “that almost happened”?

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Would be cool if the Monster Minds where a creation of the Quintessons.

10. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Obviously Macross, we even have a Macross toy in the g1 toy line. It's pretty easy to introduce transformers in the story since Macross is already about a war with alien invaders, and they share the common theme of transforming robots.
    Another one that could work is Full metal panic (excluding Fumoffu, maybe...). FMP arm slaves should scale well with transformers and while the standard models aren't really that much more powerful than current military vehicles (remember, in my head canon earth tecnology is nearly powerless against transformers) when lambs driver is introduced they gain quasi supernatural powers that could level the playing field. We could even make the black technology they are based on of cybertronian origin.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

This might be an unpopular opinion but... Metroid. Imagine Shockwave teaming up with the Space Pirates for his latest scheme? Meta Ridley VS the Dinobots? Samus teaming up with Ultra Magnus? So many possibilities!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Well, Phil Jimenez pitched the idea for a crossover between Justice League and Transformers several years back. But it was shelved.

All we have is the epic piece of artwork he drew for the pitch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

If we're talking shared worlds or universes then right off the bat the transformers have been shown to share the worlds with marvel superheroes battle beasts gi joe. As for ones they COULD work with and fit into I think the turtles (would love to see turtle transformers turning into turtle vehicles) maybe see how mutagen ooze works on transformers. M.A.S.k crusaders is another good fit what with the whole transforming battle vehicles. Trying to think I'd love too see how sonic the hedgehog fairs against fighting megatron or devastator since he's often fights giant robots though on the whole its hard to imagine the two worlds coming together with decepticon badniks and the like

14. Altered Prime

Oh I was not aware that if you have an image of that picture post it please

15. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. Altered Prime

Thank you very much

17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

What could Transformers feasibly cross over with? ...Pretty much anything, if some good writing was involved. M.A.S.K. and G.I. Joe are no-brainers, and I liked Rom VS Transformers: Shining Armor enough to accept the two existing in the same universe.
    I also think an MCU-style Marvel universe could work crossing over with Transformers, especially since Ultron looks like Movie Galvatron, and you could have Galvatron as the resurrected fusion of Megatron's spark and Ultron's coding. Having the Autobot team (make it Bumblebee, Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs to fit the AOE motif) and the Avengers team wouldn't be too far-fetched, I think.
    DC could probably also work. I'd say Nightbeat for a crossover with just Batman, but bring in Bumblebee or Hot Rod too so there's a Transformer the average joe could recognize. Or a full-on Autobots and Justice League team up, first against the Decepticons, then against Unicron.
    Doctor Who is another one that could work. The time travel aspect of Doctor Who allows it to go anywhere, and the enormous rogue's gallery of Doctor Who could give a crossover any number of villains besides the Decepticons. Put pretty much any incarnation of the Doctor with an experienced Autobot like Optimus Prime, Kup, or Ironhide, (maybe Prime and Ironhide as a duo?) and you could have a good dynamic. Put Optimus, Ironhide, and the Doctor against the Daleks or the Cybermen and let their different personalities and methods play off each other.
    Stranger Things, with any of the G1 Autobots (or Movie Bumblebee, since he's been on Earth since at least the 40's). Let's face it, that show is a 1980's nostalgia trip, and Transformers is 1980's nostalgia in and of itself. Plus, stuff like the scientists breaking through to the Upside Down could be tied to experimenting with stolen Ark/Space Bridge technology, and it would be kind of fun to see the kids on a power trip from having two super-powerful friends on their side.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Another one for the hopper, Syfy and James S.A. Corey’s The Expanse

19. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    the Lost in Space reboot.

what, if at the end of the last episode, the Robinsons actually ended up at the star system where Cybertron is located but this was early Cybertron so the Cybertronians still were still evolving and still have yet to develop sapience, diversity and their many abilities now. this was the Cybertron in the early stages of their colonization by the Quintessons.

So the robot that Will Robinson befriended were among the first Cybertronians that will later on evolve into what they are now: living, sapient shape-shifting bio-mechanical life forms.

Also, Men in Black.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Centurions ?

• Like Like x 2