What MPs are worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Aug 14, 2014.

1. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Most of the MP's are very very good. My favorites:

1. Takara MP-10, G1 toy accurate colors, and the best representation of the character. Every TF collector should own the MP-10 mold.

2. MP Soundwave. Another excellent toy, and the best representation of the character. Fantastic engineering, and the cassettes are superb.

3. MP Sideswipe. This one surprised me, I like him much more than I had expected, plus he's part of the 1984 crew.

4. MP Prowl. Great character, the design is good.

5. MP Bluestreak. Another surprise. I didn't think I would like the repaint, but the face sculpt is excellent and distinctive. The extra exclusive missile launchers really make the toy.

The next few are also good, but I wouldn't rank them at the top:

1. MP Grimlock, I am in the minority here. He is an excellent toy, but I'm not as big a Grimlock fan as many others.

2. Takara MP Rodimus. This one was a huge disappointment to me at first, with a lot of QC problems, but over time I have come to appreciate it. Aesthetically he looks awesome, but he is not very functional, can't transform well, hold weapons, or do a lot of different poses.

3. MP-11 Starscream. Looks great, and is a very good toy. However, his torso don't lock into place well and the torso tends to come undone whenever you try to lift the arms. Another in the "Aesthetically awesome, but only functionally decent" category.

2. YOLOrenzo

YOLOrenzo Well-Known Member

If money is an issue, then the line-up you have is pretty good. Sideswipe and Prowl are good enough for those molds.

IMO, if you can afford it, you should add the TRU Soundwave set to your list. If you want to stick to the autobots, then Bumblebee should probably be on that list as well.

3. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have MP Rodimus and I hate him...Transformation is ridiculous and somehow his backwing thing broke off...but I'm getting the MP10 Re-Release for the holidays most likely and I plan on grabbing Sunstorm and Prowl from TRU around the holidays. Then probably Soundblaster online.

4. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    All of these would be a good start.
    [​IMG]

5. Warnen

Warnen Well-Known Member

So far I have:

Acidstorm (US) - Love the color and digital camo
    Sunstorm (US) - Praise the Sun!!!
    Ghost Starscream (mp-3g) - Got before MP-11, should have just went with that one
    Thundercracker (US) - Mp-11 mold, a seeker must
    Skywarp (US) - mp-3 mold, but need all of the seekers
    Coronation Starscream (mp-11) best of the seekers!!

Soundwave (US) - must have!
    Soundblaster (MP-13b) - came with rat bat and nemesis' gun ;) 

Nemesis Prime (MP-10b) - who doesn't need a Black MP-10?
    YOTH Optimus Prime (US) - wanted MP-10 should have waited!!!

Grimlock (US) - Grimlock no bozo!!!

Sideswipe (MP-12) - must have
    G2 Sideswipe (MP-12g) - got it but could live without, doesn't fit the 80s crowd

Prowl (MP-17) - Get the twins!
    Bluestreak (MP-18) - see above
    Smokescreen (MP-19) - heads a bit goofy, and those things next to them dam!, I keep him in alt mode

Arrive soon
    Hot Rod (US) - got from board member, hope he don't suck to much
    Red Alert (MP-14) - 80's crowd buddy.

Preorder
    Wheeljack (MP-20)
    Bumblebee (MP-21)
    Ultra Magnus (MP-22)
    MP-10 Reissue!!!!!

Still looking for MP-9b Black Rodimus Convoy.

If I were to rebut stuff I'd skip YOTH Prime, Ghost Starscream and G2 Sideswipe.

6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then you're in the wrong hobby and I can't help you.

Also, I can't help but notice the lack of MP Megatron love. I can understand why some people don't like the mold, but I think it's fantastic. I won't even bother with another one if they redo him like they did Optimus.

7. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Out of Scale with the newer line
    Design not really modernized like the newer line
    Not as posable and cartoon styled as the newer line

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I would have to say these are worth getting if you have the money.

MP-10B Nemesis Prime even tho I don't own one I am hoping I can find him one day for under $100 but slim chance of that happening.
    MP-22 Wheeljack looks like the best figure of 2014
    MP-21 Bumblebee he may have his problems but overall is a cute MP.
    MP-13 Lambor or Sideswipe pretty nice figure but when I get some more money I may end up getting the KO version instead.
    MP-1? Bluestreak same goes for him with the KO,oh and both the Prowl and Smokey are just LAME compared to Streak so skip those I suggest.
    Hasbro MP Soundwave with all 4 Cassette Minions this was worth every penny of $120.
    Platinum MP YOTH Optimus Prime most people can't stand him,but I think he is near perfect.
    MP Acid Storm TRU Exclusive I love his digital camo design on his wings but again most people hate this figure.
    MP-08 Grimlock this MP has always been my fave and always will be so I suggest getting it,but if you can't then get the Hasbro version instead,it ain't as nice as Takara's but its worth it if you can find him for $125 or so.

And sorry to change the subject but I wish Takara and Hasbro would hurry up and do the MP Coneheads,they are about overdue for retooling since they have used the mold for 4 Seekers namely Starscream,Thundercracker,Acid Starm,and Sunstorm,its time to give fans their Coneheads dammit.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Anything from MP10 and onward is the best.

10. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

Everyone is different on collecting mps, is personal preference.

1)For me I only collect mps, Takara and or hasbro, that are g1 seasons 1 to 3 related; tHerefore, star saber will be skipped. So far I'm still missing rodimus and smokescreen.

2)I don't not collect unofficial or 3rd party stuff no matter how cool they look.

11. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

Well the truth of the matter is that from MP-8 and on they are all worth it. So you have to narrow it down more. By budget? Personal preference? etc.

For example, if you could only get two then get MP-8 and MP-10. If you can add a little something, get Prowl or Sideswipe.

And yes, MP-10b is king of all (see above). ;)