What Movie Character u would like to see in the mechtech line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Aug 25, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i was thinking of the Characters that died in the past movies and never made it to the DOTM Line with Mechtech weapons (like Sideways, Brawl, Long Haul, Jetfire, etc etc)

Imagine how cool it would be to have those characters in the mechtech line and theri weapons?

what character u would like to see in the mechtech line and how you would like its weapon to be and look like?

2. evrdazed

evrdazed Well-Known Member

none. I really dislike most of the mechtech toys. I don't like how oversize the weapons are, and most of the times, they are just an eyesore in alt mode. Voy. Megatron's mechtech is integrated pretty well, that's good use of mechtech. Leader Bumble is a perfect example of what you should not do with it.

3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'd like to see a Jetfire Voyager class toy. Would be doubly cool if he could link up with Voyager Prime.

That said, I think what they did to Jetfire is my biggest gripe with RotF. Twins, giant robot testes, etc, didn't really faze me like making Jetfire old and impotent.

Edit: I should add this is a hard choice as I think, generally, mechtech is a bad gimmick and huge guns don't work for most of the characters that got them.

4. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oddly, while I agree that they are totally out of place, often goofier than they are bad-assed, and mostly have stupid gimmicks, I sort of like the whole MechTech thing. It makes no sense to me why, I just sort of like them. That being said I would have liked a MechTech Jazz (the Target DOTM would have been fine... don't know why they didn't) or Brawl.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Jazz with a mechtech Crescent Cannon/Lance

6. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like a Brawl, just because I hate the floppy backpack on the first one and this ^

And maybe a blackout with a mechtech weapon which has the rotor weapon spin when you push it (Like DOTM Ironhide)

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'd like a Brawl and Blackout too. But I think our best chance is if they appear with movie like designs in TF Prime

8. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackout in TF Prime :p 

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Jazz based off of his ha toy. But that it.

10. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    Lockdown with a engine/chainsaw weapon

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

this, the weapon can easily be a remold of Soundwave's mechtech
    and a damn Elita-1 with a mechtech platform (yeah, as the one Arcee and Chromia had, but this one is mechtech, it could be one when you press a button and it pops out some guns)
    and... ... well you know, Dino/Mirage :p  (well, doesn't belong to this thread but I want him)
    maybe Scrapper?... ok, I dunno :p  but we need moar

12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I don't like MechTech all that much, there are Movie characters of whom I want toys, and MechTech would be the only way they'd be likely to be done right now:

-A new Jazz with his crescent cannon would be cool, but seeing as I just got a Premium Jazz, I wouldn't be too happy if they made a new Jazz figure.
    -Although it would be unlikely, a Leader Blackout would be awesome.
    -For Leader figures, I also want DOTM Megatron and Bonecrusher.
    -I'd really like a new version of Bumblebee as a '74 Camaro.
    -I also really want a Voyager class toy of one of the Decepticon protoforms that turns into one of the fighters used in the Chicago battle.
    -A weaponized Roadbuster (he could probably have the same MechTech weapon).
    -Although he doesn't need a MechTech weapon, I want a more movie-accurate repaint of Sideways, or at least a repaint without the ugly red parts in robot mode.

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got to agree with a new Jazz. His deluxe wasn't the best and the fact that the new mechtech dx's are a bit smaller would work in his favor scale-wise.

I'd like them to take another shot at the old 70's Bumblebee. It's a real shame we never got another one of those.

I'd also love a Leader Blackout, in fact he would handle the gimmicks better than Ironhide did. Blackout is a hulking brute full of guns, it would make sense if he was a gimmick-packed toy that sacrifice transformation complexity and articulation.

Ratchet needed a new Voyager.

I would have loved to see Crowbar and Hatchet as deluxes to go with Crankcase. Actually, in my ideal dream world we'd get the three of them as Voyager SUVs.

Definitely would have been nice to get more of the constructicons too. Scrapper seems the most obvious as he was technically in DotM.

A redo of the Acree triplets would be nice. They could abandon the combining gimmick completely to allow for better robot modes.

14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's an awesome idea. Bonus points if they could hold a legion figure in them as a pilot. Those jets were pretty iconic in the movie - they deserve a toy like this. There is a cyberverse version of these fighters, though, right?

Also add Cyberverse Brains to my want list.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

NO! That weapon may be the biggest one yet! It may look good on Soundwave,who knows,but it's too big for Jazz!

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    A new jazz similar to the HA is about all I want from the movie line other than soundwave at this point.

oh, I would like a deluxe crowbar, I don't want an suv though. I personally want him to be the same car as the legends.

17. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Neither. It would be too much of a big deal, or something

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You guys have given me more ideas...
    -Deluxe Decepticon Protoform. Transforms into Re-entry mode and has mechtech rifle that tfs into the Claw gun that some of them had.(Including Barricade)
    -Voyager Decepticon Protoform. Transforms into Decepticon fighter with same mechtech as the Deluxe
    -Voyager Scrapper. Mechtech is a claw gun that tfs into a mace. Has a spring loaded mace claw on left arm
    -Deluxe Sideways. New,more accurate figure with mechtech sniper rifle that tfs into saw
    -Deluxe Mirage(Yes,I know he doesn't fit here,just my ideas). Mechtech submachine gun that tfs into sniper rifle. Has arm blades
    -Deluxe Crowbar.(Same as Mirage)Claw gun that tfs into spear
    -Deluxe Hatchet.(Same as last two) Same mechtech as Crowbar

19. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i wouldn't mind seeing a new stratosphere mold and a few of dotm game chatacters too, silverbolt and warpath for example

20. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Brawl should be a Voyager Class and he should come with like 4 Mechtech weapons. A Long Haul with Mechtech flamethrowers would be cool too.