What minor characters do you want idw2 to feature?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Cosmosis, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Noice, thanks mate.

Something I realized I want to continue to see in idw2 along with newer character spotlights are the groups. In the last continuity there weren't very many groups, it mostly seemed like just two large clashing fronts. But now we have a more specified senate guard and senate, the rise, team stream, Wheeljack's group, the Escape gang, shockwave's techy trinity, strika's heavies, prowl's police force. I'm sure I forgot one. I love how much more organized everything seems.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

RIPTIDE STANS RISE UP! WE NEED RIPTIDE AND WE NEED HIM NOW!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Gladius

Gladius Massive Tool

Twitter:
    Totally Xaaron for like ten different reasons related to the potential he has. And because he got ignored after Marvel/UK. I mean he kind of appeared in IDW1 but was never more than a background guy in a few issues and I think he didn't have more than three lines of speech. I also want Flame for similar reasons.

Other than that lots of bots with nice designs and/or roles but basically no relevance. Some of my favs are: Macabre (the design is just cool as shit), Kroma (IDW1 senator), Proteus (the real villain behind the functionist dystopia and some kind of Autobot Starscream that will backstab your Prime. Plus, cool design) and Springarm (also very cool design and he was a religious cop with bike alt-mode and I need more cops that aren't Prowl or Barricade), Atomizer (cool design), Zeta (probably in a flashback), Skyquake (these neon colors) and maybe Ferak (liking the Cyclonus type a lot).

Aside from that I hope for enough screentime for some that are already part of the cast, particularly Smokescreen, Dai Atlas and Strax(x)us. The latter is hopefully a given, I am not so sure about the first two though. Smokescreen is just likeable in general and they managed to make him interesting with the bit of screentime he had so far, but he feels like the type of character that might die soon. Hopefully this isn't the case. Not sure what Dai Atlas's fate will be, but I hope they are building him up for some character development in Escape.
    I also want Star Saber, but I wouldn't consider him a minor character. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I would actually prefer him to be a zealot again, just toned down a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

YESSIRRR SOMEONE FIND THAT DUMB SONOVABITCH!

Ooh, wouldn't mind seeing xaaron. What does he even transform into?Also Proteus seems like he's gonna be important.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Gladius

Gladius Massive Tool

Twitter:
    If I remember correctly he never transformed and has canonically not done so in ages and would maybe be unable doing so now. In the original I mean. His actual form was a small tank! I love tanks and there aren't enough so I am fine with this, especially golden tanks.
    Proteus is cool because I cannot remember another asshole of this calibre outside the 'Cons. Making him an actual Autobot or part of a subfaction could be interesting. I always felt like there needed to be more smaller schisms among the Autobots. Especially IDW2 feels like the right series. It feels like the 'Con movement here was just one step away from falling apart at any given moment, but we will see. Considering that Ruckley has even made Heretech relevant everything could happen.

I am interested how he will bring Getaway in. He has tweeted an answer in which he confirmed his appearance for later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    My fanon for Emirate Xaaron is that he was originally Shattered Glass Megatron/Galvatron, given his similar design to G1 Megatron. The Marvel Autobots recognise him as being the Emirate Xaaron from their universe, and he goes back in time in the Marvel continuity to become the heroic Autobot councillor / resistance leader we know Emirate Xaaron to be. His toy would be any Cybertronian Megatron tank that shares a similarity to G1 Megatron, with a new head and in Marvel UK colors.

[​IMG]

Likewise, Shattered Glass Optimus Prime goes on to become the heroic Autobot leader Nova Prime (which did happen in the SG comics) and later becomes the evil Decepticon Nemesis Prime. The only fanon here is linking SG Nova Prime to G1/IDW Nova Prime.

Also, Heretech - he would be a head remold of The Last Knight Megatron. The details may not be the same, but the appearance is definitely similar enough to be passable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Having grown up on Marvel UK, I wasn't a fan of the MTMTE version.

Who I'd like to see:

Repugnus
    Kick Off
    Quickswitch
    Pointblank
    Streetwise
    Red Wing
    Seeker Sandstorm
    Skram
    Zap
    The G2 Stormtroopers
    The Laser Rods

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gladius

Gladius Massive Tool

Twitter:
    This would be a really cool idea and elegant way of referring his origin. Think he was based on one of the Megatron toys and this wasn't just a councidence. It would also make his role even more special. He does have a ton of unused potential (or at least potential people have forgotten about since Marvel). His status as resistance leader would be a good way to shade some light onto places that aren't Iacon for example, so he would perfectly fit into the IDW2verse.
    I am not sure if IDW2 ongoing will ever so much as hint on anything SG or alt-universes but it would be a nice touch if there were hints that Xaaron might be some alternative Megatron. It wouldn't convolute the story for those that don't know about it but be a nice source for speculation for those that care.

I love Nova Prime (both versions) so I would be in for that too.
    In issue #25 of IDW2 we see a shot with the Primes in the afterlife. The interesting thing here is that the third bot after Nominus seems to be SG Nova which is a very interesting tidbit and I hope there will be a mini series taking place in the past at one point.
    I mean the past war is a big plot point, so I cannot imagine them to ignore this and only ever show some one page flashback whenever an explanation is needed. There is too much going on there, although I assume that the war broke out after Nova's time.

Never noticed this but cannot unsee. Basically exchange the upper arm- and shoulder plates and make them smooth, recolor him and give him a new head. It's sad he is so unpopular and that his altmode is something different, because I would like him as toy. He looks like a robot cardinal. His altmode in the comic wasn't very detailed though so if ever gets a toy it wouldn't be much of a problem to vary its look.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShockwaveFan148

ShockwaveFan148 Darn it Mattel!

For me, while Ruckley’s not the greatest character writer so I don’t really want him to do many other characters, I’d personally like still to see the likes of Windcharger and I guess more development for Cosmos in this continuity (though under a better writer probably).

There’s also a lot of minor characters in this continuity I’d like to see more of. Mainly Chromedome, Octane, Huffer and Gears.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    A bit ? How about a lot ? There's no nuance in a religious Hate Sink and IDW 2.0 has already played that card with Heretech in what is arguably it's worst story so far

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    nitro zeus

12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    While I probably wouldn't care to see many of the characters mentioned in your second paragraph, just because of the risk of them influencing the comic to become too much like IDW1, I would also love to see Xaaron take the spotlight again. The dude was Autobot leader on Cybertron in the original comic and played a major role. I know part of why he never showed up again was because publishers were unsure if he was still owned by Marvel or not, but now that he can play a major role, it's a bit surprising that he just hasn't been.

I actually agree that a toned down zealot Star Saber would work. If Star Saber appeared and resembled Solaire from Dark Souls I would cream.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    we wouldn't want IDW2 to become a good story now would we?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Yeah, "good".

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    compared to Ruckley, I will call IDW1 good in comparison.

16. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Making the world building the same as IDW1's and retreading old ground would not make it a good story, no.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    would still have been more interesting than the story are getting. Aah, but if Ruckley was writing it, everything would have been much more bland and drawn out. The quicker Ruckley is taken off the books and replaced by someone else who can actually write an actual comic book and not a “novel with illustrations” as I called his work before, the better. I only read it because I like Transformers not because I like his work.

18. Gladius

Gladius Massive Tool

Twitter:
    The story was really bad but it wasn't written by Ruckley. And that author is currently busy with the MLP cross-overs, so I don't think she will return, even less for the main series. Ruckley wrote Heretech well whenever he appeared on screen and he didn't even come off as zealot in those parts. Rather a polician that neither agreed with Sentinel nor Megatron and his reasoning for leaving made sense and absolutely clashes with the comically evil cartoon villain Maggs has turned him into. I don't think we should gauge the potential of characters by one bad story or we might as well avoid any other female OCs since Gauge was also badly written. But the ongoing has shown that these characters are good as well. There is no similarity between the self-indulgent writing of that Galaxies arc and how Termagax and others of the main are written.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    It has ?
    I mean Heretech aside, i don't see too much of a difference with Arcee, Greenlight and Gauge though i do admit they are worse in the Galaxies story

20. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

I'll second Bluestreak, Star Saber, and the rest of the Decepticon crew from Victory (Leozack, Hellbat, Goryu, Kakuryu, Lyzack, and Esmeral in particular would be neat to see).

Additionally, I'd like to see the Aerialbots, the Stunticons, and the Protectobots get some focus as individual characters rather than just members of a combiner team. (The other Combaticons besides Swindle would also be neat to see, but they did at least get some focus in IDW 1. How good that focus was is another issue, but it did exist.)