What made you excited for Age of Extinction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sign, Feb 7, 2017.

1. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

Also, ALL THE CARS !!!

2. FemmeHighbeam

FemmeHighbeam Shameless TF Fangirl

Instagram:
    The different (more mature, in my opinion) cast, the new bots (and those great alts!), and I love some good CGI. And dinobots!

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I was most looking forward to seeing Dinobots and Stunticons ( who later turned out to be namesless KSi bots and galvatron :(  )

I was quite intrigued by the look of Crossfire (who i later found out was called Crosshairs) :lol 

I was very happy they changed the human cast too, which worked out fairly well, apart from Lucky charms.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    i love these movies

5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

1. It's Transformers.
    2. IT'S FREAKING GRIMLOCK!!!
    3. It seemed like they were gonna focus on developing the Transformers (besides Optimus, Bumblebee, and a lucky third or fourth Autobot) as characters this time around.

That's it. :) 

6. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

I've always loved the idea of humans not being able to tell the autobots apart from decpticons, as it can lead to good conflict.

Also Dinobots. Surprising, I know.

7. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

when i was 10 i thought the transformer on the screen was jazz for some reason becauuse it was sliding but then i realized it was optimus i think, also that a new transformer movie was coming out, i instantly knew by the design of the transformer, i turned 13 a few months ago, so that's what i am now. it's probably the superbowl tv spot i'm not really sure

8. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

It's Transformers.

9. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Only that it was a Transformers movie, and the hope that there would be a character surprise or two that wasn't known from the trailers or the toyline.

AoE is my least favourite of the series. I'm totally not into cars (which most of the new characters were), and I hated the overly humanoid robot designs. I'm not a big Dinobot fan either, but at least I didn't mind their looks. Too bad we saw precious little of them in robot mode.

So yeah, I did enjoy it as a Transformers movie, but it didn't excite me much as RoTF or TF1.

10. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    For me, it was the "post-Battle of Chicago" feeling of the movie. It was interesting to see how, I guess, "traumatised" or "scarred" Earth was to the point that the American government simply tossed the Autobots to the side and a black ops team comes in and starts hunting Autobots down because they're fed up with the Autobot/Decepticon conflict. I was also interested to see how they were going to explain The Creators considering it was said that, in the first movie, the AllSpark created Cybertron and the Transformers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  11. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobots, Lockdown, also Stinger. Loved the idea of an evil Bumblebee and that alt mode. Ended up being a little disappointed with him, especially as we didn't get a proper figure for him. Store exclusives be damned!

12. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Maybe the creators used the Allspark to create Cybertron and the transformers. That's what I'm thinking.

13. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Stinger and his Alt. mode, the Pagani Huayra.

That and it's a Transformers movie.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just don't get excited for the films. What I seem to want and what the production team seems to want is just too far apart and even with soft reboot to me personally it doesn't feel like we get any real substantial change.

But I wanted to chime in to say you shouldn't have to defend enjoying a movie. Perhaps a movie is the greatest film ever made but you don't enjoy it because it just isn't your cup of tea. Or maybe a movie is just rotten by every measure there is of measuring a movie but you love it so much you watch it again and again. Heck look at how long Mystery Science Theater 3000 ran off of people's love of bad movies. So Transformers, Sharknado, cheesy 80's action films, whatever floats your boat floats your boat. I disagree with the attitude a few people have of if I liked a movie then nothing is wrong with it and therefore flawless but you can't really argue with someone saying I enjoyed the hell out of a movie.

15. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It seemed to get more positive reviews than 2 and 3.

Mark Wahlberg's been in good films in recent years so I felt he added a bit of credibility.

I wanted to see Galvatron.

I liked the more human faces of Crosshairs, Drift and Lockdown.

What I didn't like were:

The Irish guy
    Killing the actual funny guy early on
    Drift's samurai look
    Definitely the worst voice cast of the movies with Lockdown, Drift, Crosshairs and Brains.

Lockdown was well written but that voice...did Bay not see the footage of David Prowse as Darth Vader before dubbed him over with James Earl Jones?