What little faith I had in humanity just died.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Star Sabre James, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

IIRC, Bryan, you're some sort of medic in the military? What you consider common sense may not be for untrained civilians.

2. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    Maybe but they could have hung around till the cops arrived and given a description

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While disconcerting, if I'm going to lose faith in ALL of humanity I need more evidence then this. It doesn't look to me like there was a crowd of people in the store when the three guys rushed in. It would have been worse if nobody called 911 but at least one person did.

And I don't know the details of the town. If the people were local thugs then I can sorta understand wanting to keep your head down.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

You mean the people who walked in and might not have known what was up until they got to the cash register to check out and then decided to F.I.D.O? Perfectly reasonable response to me.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohferchrissakes...anyone who doesn't suffer from severe mental ******ation knows that bleeding = teh bad. And anyone with a least half a brain know that while pushing on the wound might cause problems, standing there while they bleed is guaranteed to kill them.

It is just common sense. Which is so damn rare these days it's practically a superpower. Like grammar. Or punctuality. Or personal responsibility.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  7. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Wow. At the very least I would call an ambulance or flag a police officer whilst trying to establish if a doctor was in the area. Having no medical training, I wouldn't be inclined to touch the guy.
    But blindly walking past is just unforgivable.

I remember years ago a UK or Canadian TV 'candid camera' type TV show did a skit where a man is sitting in a cafe eating his lunch, rigged up with squibs, and another walked in calmly, pulled out a silenced pistol and shot him.
    People just looked at the two and continued eating. They left the camera on the scene for 5-7 minutes whilst the 'victim' lay across the table.
    The local police were notified and so could expect some calls, but they received not ONE call.
    The lack of action by the customers, staff and absolutely no calls to report it sparked an outrage, even the show's producers were shocked by the skit's outcome.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

What. Whats with the Lou Costello? How does he fit in here? Is he on first? Should I be worried about Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman now?

*SPOILERS*

Its not "these days". Humanity has ALWAYS been like that and always will be. If anything people are much better today.

/*SPOILERS*

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Sure. They also know you get TEH AIDS from blood. Most people aren't carrying rubber gloves on the off chance they need to apply pressure to a wound.

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

0.32% of Americans are infected with HIV.

You would have to have an open wound on your hand in order for it to pass, even then, blood to blood contact of HIV transmission is uber rare in cases of open wounds.

It would be very doubtful that a bare hand would be used, I'd probablly would have run over to aisle 5 and grabbed some paper towels.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So you would choose to surrender to fear rather than help your fellow man. Awesome. :thumb 

I hope someone has the opportunity to make that choice when your life hangs in the balance. :D 

13. HankHill

HankHill Banned

Sir, you don't get AIDS from blood to blood contact. You would get HIV. AIDS is HIV plus an opportunistic infection. If you did your research, maybe you wouldn't sound so unintelligent. Please come back after reading a few articles or books.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If i ever have a chance to save anyone i will do it without thinking twice.:thumb 

15. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

If only Pixar had been there, I bet they would've helped him

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are living in the "Me and only me" generation. Just like what happened in Hartford, CT when a man got hit by a car when crossing the street and the car never stopped. The man was lying in the middle of street and people kept walking by, until finally somebody dailed 9-11 on their cell phone.

How about what happened up in New York on Black Friday at a Walmart? An employee got stampeded to death and when the EMT's arrived, people were still inside Walmart shopping.

This happened here in my town two years ago. There was a road-rage incident and one driver followed the other into a Walmart parking lot. One of the drivers did'nt know the other was following him and by the time he got out of his car and was walking inside Walmart when the pissed off second driver came up to him and knocked the crap out of him. The whole thing was caught on Walmart security video. Anyway, the guy was laying on the Walmart parking lot and people were just walking by him doing nothing.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

lulz

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well...sorta. There is an older classification system that relies on the presence of opportunistic infections (or certain tumors, I think) to stage AIDS. But it's much more common now to use CD4 cell counts. Specifically, a count below 200 is considered AIDS.

The former definition is still commonly employed, but the latter is the official standard. And if you did your research, I wouldn't have to call you out. ;)