What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Westernized names for the Trainbots:

Shouki: Devil Breaker

Getsuei: Night Raider

Kaen: Blaze Runner

Seizan: Mountain Rider

Suiken: Hydro Fist

Yukikaze: Snow Storm

Raiden: Thunderbolt Maximus

• Like Like x 4
  2. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

Don't be silly, murricans toys can't use Devil in a name.

3. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    G1 alpha trion is canonically flanked by women at all times, created some of the most important autobots ever , and (with the key of vector sigma) is one of the few transformers capable of reproducing.
    There are no coincidences, my friend.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

He's literally holding his pimp cane in that image right there.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Based on this post on Facebook about that new camera Optimus Prime, my new headcanon is there's a timeline out there where Optimus Prime sold out and became all about the merchandising opportunities. If you've got enough money, he'll turn into whatever product you're selling - be it a pen, a camera, a baseball cap or even a shoe! Pay him well enough and he'll sign up the other Autobots or his business partner, Megs "MegaMoney" Tronus.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

And let's not forget his most iconic promotion...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

Keeping the universe safe isn’t cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  8. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I like your idea of TR Alpha Trion being him at full power.

When I first saw the toy, and when TR was new and its lore not fully clear to me, I thought that the reason the Headmasters were called "Titanmasters" was because the little head guys were supposed to represent full-size Transformers. So, in the case of Alpha Trion, the full-size guy we see in the G1 cartoon was always a Headmaster -- and we never see him transform, which would make sense since he has no Transtector to form the head of. It works nicely, too, in that TR Alpha Trion's Transtector turns into not just a lion, but also a freakin' space carrier -- since Alpha Trion is Optimus Prime-sized, his Transtector is B-I-G!

Hm. It also occurs to me that the TR version really really suits the name 'Alpha Trion' -- it has three modes (Trion) and one of them is a lion (lion).

(Also, thanks for adding that gorgeous piece of art. It's been a long time since I last saw it and I'd forgotten about it. Sooooo beautiful...!)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although fully capable of using all four arms freely and independently, if not actively engaging in a task, Helex's small arm will mirror the opposite larger arm (for example the left small arm will do the same motions the right larger arm). The same will occur if he's using the smaller arms to do anything, but not the larger ones, too.

PXL_20220804_121133225.jpg

This has caused some mishaps

PXL_20220804_123056828.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  10. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

The war between Maximals and Predacons ended 300 years ago. It was not as long as the Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons which went on for millions of years, but it did go on for a few 100,000 years, but not enough to round up to five million years since the Beast Warriors only went back in time 4 million years.

this should hopefully be enough time for the events of the Great War to become legend allowing for that “all myths are true” approach the writers went with (BW takes stuff from both the original cartoon and the Marvel comics) especially since the Maximals and Predacons are likely not that old in comparison to their ancestors. It’s also likely most who would know the full history are dead, retired and living in seclusion, or are deliberately keeping things under wraps like the High Council/Maximal elders.

• Like Like x 6
  11. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

Road Hauler being an Ex-constructicon, defected to the Autobots after he found out about his friends being reprogrammed for evil. They meant a lot to him, and with them under decepticon control, it has caused him to form a bitter hatred for all decepticons and what they stand for. But not only that, Hauler has a personal vendetta against megatron and he wants his head for what he did to his former friends. however he does not have the strength to even stand a chance against megatron, as he was a builder, not a fighter. Optimus knowing what he has been through assures him that he will not rest until Megatron is brought to justice, and that one day he can turn the constructicons from their wicked ways and back to their old selves.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    The developers of the software responsible for Cybertronian sapience are adamant that what they appear to express isn't 'true' sentience and is merely a close approximation to it. Some argue that it's 'close enough' to not matter whether if it's 'true' sentience or not but others argue their self destructive tendencies is a clear indication of their imperfect construction.

Quintesson scientists estimate the number of truly self-aware Cybes to be within the thousands or even hundreds and that most of these so-called "Decepticons" are simply slaves to their programming as military hardware and if they were ever to truly 'succeed' in their stated goals they'd simply begin waging increasingly small-scale conflicts against each-other in a form of purity spiral. The argument is basically while figures like Optimus may be truly self-aware the majority of their species does not have conscious experience, qualia, or sentience.

• Like Like x 5
  13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Dude really making the npc meme

• Like Like x 2
  14. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    Moreso just a person super fascinated by concepts such as identity, consciousness, free will, artificial intelligence, neurology, game theory, evolution and biology. IIRC the whole 'philosophical zombie' concept existed before the more popularized meme.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MapleSamurai

MapleSamurai MapleSamurai

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    To be fair, I think Nova's post was presenting it as an argument pushed by the Transformers' Quintesson creators, who aren't exactly reliable narrators given their agenda to re-enslave the Cybertronian race- or to "reassert their property rights" as a Quintesson Co-Prosperity Sphere PR rep would phrase it. In fact, I could even see Quintessons doing hardcore lobbying with galactic governments to push this narrative of Cybertronians not counting as real people, which may have contributed to Cybertron's standing with bodies like the Galactic Council and Solstar Order almost as much as the Autobot-Decepticon War.

Yeah, my headcanon universe's Quintessons goes hard with the G1 cartoon's depiction of them as arch-capitalist corporate raveners.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    You hit the nail right on the head my guy.

I just love Quintessons and like exploring how they may view the world.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Since we’re sharing Quintesson headcanons, here’s mine:

The beings who would later become Quintessons were Vector Sigma’s first attempt at creating living robots. Their job was to scour the stars, accumulating knowledge to aid Vector Sigma in achieving its prime directive—the creation of increasingly complex robots. The Proto-Quintessons were highly intelligent, but they soon became arrogant, seeking omniscience through dominance. To them, knowledge entailed control, and learning about a thing meant breaking it.

They attempted to seize control of Cybertron’s planetary production lines, building new robots to serve their interstellar expansionism. What they didn’t count on, was Vector Sigma itself turning against them. Following its prime directive, Vector Sigma utilized its analytical capacities and self-recursive algorithms to learn from its previous creations, giving rise to a new species of living robotic organisms: the Transformers, who, of their own will, ousted the Proto-Quintessons.

Since then, the Proto-Quintessons evolved, but their central motivations did not change. Their obsession with accumulating information prompted them to attempt collective consciousness, fusing their minds and bodies into the five-faced robo-squids we know today. In the depths of space, they built a biomechanical webworld, calling it Quintessa, and from there, began assimilating other planets, judging their denizens according to their usefulness. The Quints' ultimate objective is to assimilate all of the planets into Quintessa's hub, effectively transforming the universe into an enormous computer for the purpose of analyzing itself.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

In mine, the Quintessons aren't the creators of the Cybertronians, but they do try to take over Cybertron several times. The first time they get beat back by Nova Prime (who is not evil but instead a heroic figure), who sacrifices his life at the Siege of the Citadel of Light to deal them a crushing defeat, and his successor (who I haven't decided on a name for yet) who finishes driving them back offworld. But they come back after the Great Cataclysm and succeed in taking over the planet but are defeated and almost completely wiped out by Solus Prime's (who is a normal Matrix bearer since the 13 don't exist in this universe) rebellion

• Like Like x 5
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    This for some reason radiates the same vibe as Idiocracy. "I'm the Secretary of State. Brought to you by Carl's Jr.".

• Like Like x 1
  20. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I’ve thought of something along these lines before. Basically the Autobots were not made for war but adapted and essentially evolved to survive with the trauma of war pushing them to full true sapience.

Meanwhile the Decepticons are mostly (save for a few like Thundercracker) still slaves to their military hardware programming and act accordingly.

I picture a Quint scientist being interested in studying the Autobots and wanting to understand how they evolved while on the flip side having zero interest in the Decepticons flat out telling them to him they are still just mindless robots merely acting according to their programming.

he might express an interest in putting them in a situation where they can’t use violence to get out of it and see if they can adapt and grow. Or maybe just install empathy chips into them to teach them compassion.

I mean you wouldn’t want your military hardware to be merciful or feel sorry for the enemy. So the Decepticons being sociopaths is basically part of their programming.

• Like Like x 3