What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Who said they couldn't be a polycule?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True, true!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Unicron was pissed at Magmatron for defusing him from Vector Sigma because didn’t get a chance to switch Cybertron to robot mode so that he can show off his new head.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Bee427

The Insecticons were originally waste disposal/mine workers on Cybertron, and snuck aboard the Nemesis when they realized that Megatron was leaving the planet to search for more energy. After ejecting from the Nemesis during the crash of it and the Ark, they came to in the Cretaceous Period and took on the forms of prehistoric insects in order to convert organic matter into energy for themselves. During/after the Cretaceous-Paleogenic extinction event (the one that killed the dinosaurs), the Insecticons buried themselves underground in their former escape pod and went dormant until shortly after the Autobots and Decepticons reawakened on Earth.
    (Yes, I know the Ark and the Nemesis crashed 4 mya and not ~65 mya, but this is the backstory for the Insecticons that vibes with me the most :lol )

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I had previously said that Bumblebee is an Autobot foundling; he was so young when "dropped off" on Earth that he considers Earth his real home but loves learning about the mythic "motherland" Cybertron.

I have now decided that he was found by Sparkplug. Sparkplug is a Transformers style name he picks up from the Autobots. Bumblebee is the Witwicky that follows the Autobots!

Goldfire would be the "future me scares me" version of Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Big Convoy decline the position of the council because he want to respect his father’s beliefs of being a convoy and I’m pretty sure Blue Big Convoy sees Prime and Primal as the true Convoys.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rewind Eject

The "pikapikaninja" SG Ravage talks to on Yatter is SG Snake Eyes. From silent ninja in black to highly visible garish yellow Merc with a Mouth.

And yes, I know SG Drift is also a Deadpool pastiche.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

• The Beast Wars Predacons came about after the G1 Predacons and the G1 Insecticons broke away from the Decepticons and then merged with each other to form a powerful new faction to take control. In the merger, the faction would keep the Predacon name but don the Insecticon sigil. The Predacon sigil before the merger was identical to the Prime Predacon sigil.

• Not technically Transformers, but Transformers adjacent:
    The Car Robots in Diaclone are actually Autobots (and two Seekers who defected) who volunteered to fight against the Waruder. The Diaclone Corps decided to issue the cover story that they were piloted mecha so as not to scare the general public with the fact that there were now two alien races on Earth. Unfortunately, Ironhide and Ratchet were severely wounded in battle but were rebuilt to the best of humanity's abilities.​

• Like Like x 6
  9. Bee427

28.03.2021_21.02.35_REC.png
    • Sparkplug Witwicky's other "real" names are false identities he made to get out of shady business deals or to evade the IRS. His real, legal name is Sparkplug.
    • Ratchet is genderfluid, Jazz is nonbinary, and Prowl is agender.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Rewind Eject

I really like Budianky's name Stanislas for two reasons. First, it's an alternate spelling of Stanislaw after Stanislaw Lem, a Polish writer who wrote several books about aliens, robots, and a combination of the two. Second, it implies he is an immigrant or born of immigrants much like any Autobots who make Earth their new home.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Bee427

I do actually headcanon that Sparkplug's of Polish heritage :D ! I have a lot of headcanons about Sparkplug tbh, mainly because the cartoon tells us absolutely jack shit about what his and Spike's lives were like before meeting the Autobots and there's a lot of gaps to fill :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Rewind Eject

G1: All transformers have a 'mass shifting factor' which is how much bigger or smaller they can mass shift when transforming into alternate mode. Merging into a gestalt multiplies the mass shifting factors of the component bots together which is why 5 cars can merge into a skyscraper sized figure instead of being the size of Optimus on Prowl's shoulders.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Small one, but the Matrix's connection to the Allspark essentially gives the current wielder an instinct as to a fellow Cybertronian's name. It's not so much that they know it as much as they're incredibly good at guessing. It's how Optimus seems to know the name of all of his troops and his (Cybertronian) enemies, from the most obscure to the most prominent, and everyone in-between.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

Thinking about the retconned Ark Launch in the Search for Alpha Trion. To me, the launch has been planned in secret for a while. To get, a launch done, Optimus sends Elita and the Fembots on an assignment to a smaller city under Autobot control. However, Elita and the Fembots get their mission done faster than expected and get back to Iacon sooner than expected where the Fembots come under fire from Nacelle and other members of the Welcoming Committee.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    ROTF Wheelie was a Micromaster.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devcon is a Sweep from alternate timeline that ran away
    G1_Devcon.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Rewind Eject

There is an expression on Cybertron translated as "The Titans are stirring". Titans are elderly Transformers so big that the ground cracks at their footsteps and take huge amounts of energy just to transform so they spend most of their time in immobile base mode using their super radio capabilities to talk to their children and all the other Titans. When you see them get ready to actually get up and move, it means something big is going down that justifies grandpa godzilla taking a walk through the city.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Prowl was originally a jetformer, and therefore part of the Quintesson product line of war machines that later named itself Decepticons. However, when the war began and he aligned with the Autobots, he reformatted himself into a grounded wheeled car with no flight ability in either mode due to the "Autobots cannot fly" stigma. Eventually, he did reformat and get his jet mode back between S2 and the Movie before his death though. (note that he was not seen transforming in the movie)

Another vestige of Prowl's war machine heritage is his Battle Computer Protocol. (depicted in Roll For It) Quintesson war machines had an alternate operational algorithm that would override their autonomous Patrol Protocol for undivided combat focus and heightened speed in motor functions and situational processing, which could also be remotely activated by the commanders that own the war machines and directly controlled by them with advanced combat maneuvers that follow the set commands. The Battle Computer Protocol is a part of why Decepticons are so instinctively violent and can slip into a Viking-like berserk trance, although Cybertronians accidentally having sentience means it isn't as slippery of a slope as it would have been. This is why Chip was able to "pilot" Prowl, and also the reason Road Rage has road rage issues.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Bee427

Ooh, interesting! Reminds me of this: New Session | Archive of Our Own

20. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

One of my favourite characters, and based on previous posts I have made on Devcon before.

To me, Devcon was created in the very early days of the golden age as a way of capturing Decepticons who had fled Cybertron and capture them and bring them to justice.

With virtually all (at least the most prominent) Decepticon war criminals caught, Devcon served in the Cybertron police force along with Prowl and others for the latter part of the golden age.

When war restarted, Devcon was really effective in battle but took no prisoners, much to the annoyance of Optimus Prime.

Many Autobots thought that Devcon could be a better leader than Optimus Prime, because of Devcon's hard-line approach, but Devcon did not have the necessary compassion and empathy to lead the Autobots.

With energy shortages, both Decepticons and Autobots went searching for fuel on planets away from Cybertron with limited success.

In battle, around 4.1M years ago, Devcon, made a mistake by being too aggressive or not following orders correctly that caused a number of Autobot casualties.

The tension between Devcon and Optimus, comes to an all-time high, with Decepticons mining operations on foreign planets, Optimus allows Devcon and a small army to travel to such planets to try and stop such operations.

• Like Like x 1