What is your TF berserk button?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by convoy84, Jun 27, 2013.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This.

Some of you guys don´t like how I display my collection? Thought shit. You can always grab a plane and try to stop me if it pains you so much, I´ll even suggest the cheapest airline.

I display movie toys with classics and some Cybertron toys, I have another shelf with MPs, RiD, Cybertron, Energon and Beast Machines. The fact that people feel insulted by this gives me a boner. The fact my collection is important enough to irritate people.

2. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

Ugh, dear god. Don't remind me. I rarely go on any TMNT forums, and that's the only thing I get in my head. Not because I've read it (oh no), but it's simply the thought.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I hate when people ship robots I don't ship!

4. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People who are whining about scale in this franchise.

5. Firestorm0322

Firestorm0322 The Ultimate Lifeform

This.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I never said it wasn't a good word or that it was new or that it isn't sometimes acceptable. I did say that I find it incredibly annoying that it is used in about half of the threads on these forums and is often misused to talk down someones opinion when they're not even over exaggerating.

And omg, using it in the reply to me. Beserk button pushed. D':
    Although I would say it isn't exaggerating to say it's "the most annoyingly overused word on this darn forum" because, well, it absolutely is. Here's a drinking game: go through a a few threads and take a shot every time someone says it. You won't be conscious for long.

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm sure most of this stuff has been said before...

* I hate all the "Chicken Littling" as i call it. OH MY GOD EVERYTHING'S GOING TO SUCK FOREVER NOW... seriously just cut that shit out.

* I hate seeing people correct grammar and spelling. We're not in school.
    * On the other hand, i hate seeing people say "Would of" instead of "Would have / would've". i mean I REALLY HATE IT. But... again, we're not in school. so i don't say anything.
    * I especially hate when someone has a thread, and one of the first posters contributes nothing but to correct them on some pedantic little minutiae. Yeah, thanks, Poindexter, can we get back to the topic at hand?

8. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

True. But would my words have sounded differently to you if you thought they were from a man? :) 

Well, I have seen slash, enough so to get a goodly idea of most of it's common idioms. Spikes- penis, Interface(ing) - sex, Overload - orgasm, and so on. Also a lot of these issues that I have seen don't normally lie in slash fics, but that most likely is because both bots (people?) in the couple are male, and thus are much harder to apply bad female tropes to. You can't apply these tropes without substantially altering their personality, which even most shippers are loath to do.
    Mostly though I avoid most slash anyway, it's not my thing. I like the stories that feature Tfs just goofing off and doing everyday things.

Turtle-cest, ahoy! :) 

9. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

GEEWUNNERS and "Chicken Littling."

Oh, and the idea of Sparklings. Also, Kiss Players.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Honestly never noticed it. I mean, it's just a word like any other. Words like "entitled" bug me more, though it's not the frequency, but the weight carried that bugs me.

zmog

11. toxinom

toxinom Megatron Supremacist

This. A thousand times. This.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

To be fair, some elements of this fandom thinks we have a saying on how Hasbro operates or that Hasbro gives a shit about us. I blame the occasional bone Hasbro often throws at us. When they don´t play ball our way, cue tantrums and deep thinking words like "Hasblow".

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Count me in the I hate Chicken Littling Bandwagon.

14. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    Yay, my phrase is taking off! :) 

15. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    -Backseat Admins. Someone who feels the need to police posts.

-people who don't reply to pm's. If you have something for sale and someone reaches out to you, reply, "it's gone", "f off", something.

-people who steal. Sending money for an item and never getting it. Sucks.

-whiners. Especially when it comes to the movie franchise. We can't control it. This sucks, that sucks. Yeah, maybe it does. Look at the big picture. Without the movies and the popularity of them, would a lot of what we love about transformers have a chance to exist? Don't have to like the movies, but you gotta respect what they do for us collectors.

-"just sayin'", "meh", "at the end of the day", "it is what it is"... I hate those phrases. Yeah, not TF related, but is a button!

16. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

You're correct. High moon suffered layoffs. And normally that would seem to set a game back a few steps. Not HMS! They kept pumping it up as though it was going to be better than before. Was it? No. That wouldn't have even bothered me had they not used empty words. Don't even get me started on their abandonment o the game shortly after its release. :banghead: 

I'm guilty of that big time. It's more of a reflex really, and having an undergrad in English doesn't help either. Typos I can recognize and ignore, but things like "would of" snag my attention almost as fast as bacon.

17. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    yeah i notice it too. snags me just as fast. I bite my tongue hard when i see it. almost no one goes "hey thanks for the correction and pointing out my mistake." Yes there are people here who speak English as a second language, that actually welcome the corrections. But for the most part, yeah i don't do it.

YES THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

if you're not in charge of helping this place run, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE. report posts if you need to, but damn...

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Ok, clarifications time......
    Alright, BW saved Transformers for me, I forgot that some fans are younger than I am and that many started on different eras. I also admit that back in the 90's there where few other media outlets for Transformers, with the internet being fairly new and comic books, like IDW or even Dreamwave where not even in existence yet. Also I was remiss to consider Japan's contribution as well as Europe's on keeping Transformers going in their respective countries while the US was taking a breather.

Yes, I was one of many fans who where annoyed with the 2007 set, but I got over it over time (I think for the most part that period of time is best left in fandoms' collective memories, and I hope that mere mentioning it doesn't set off another flame war or zombie thread epidemic)

In other words, thank you for taking me to task, and I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I agree, and tantrums are undesirable, but the other side of that is that it's entirely legitimate to voice, discuss and address complaints and disappointment about a product or business practices. The customer isn't always right, but that doesn't place the "professionals" above reproach either.

zmog

20. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You read my mind exactly!