What is your TF berserk button?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by convoy84, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Nerds who use slag and other dumb TF slang on here and irl or take this shit too seriously when it's a toyline with a hokey ass premise to sell more toys at the end of the day. Not saying it isn't fun or cool or even introspective (BW mainly) but seriously...

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Yeah it's kinda annoying when people go THANK PRIMUS and other stuff...

3. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    do you really see people insisting on trading? i mean... INSISTING on it. people say they're not trading, i say fine. I like to trade, but if someone wants to give me money, that is A-OK in my book.

Yeah a lot of times people think their esoteric humor has mass appeal. It usually doesn't..

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I was actually only really talking about MTMTE, I just didn't want to seem like a nutty fangirl :lol  I probably should've thrown the word "recent" in there before "comics". Oh well.

Oh, here's another one that gets me; "I'm a woman, but..."
    What exactly are you trying to prove, anyway? The guys here are all busily doodling away their overly sexy rule 63 robots in lingerie and putting pictures of anime girl's upskirts in their sigs. Remind me why it's wrong when the ladies do it?

I'm not a shipper myself, so I don't know everything about it. I won't speak on their behalf either because I don't have any personal experience with the activity. What I do know is that they're fans just like you and me and don't deserve the flack they get. There are users I liked very much who fled TFW for tumblr because people were so awful to them here. Is that what you want? You want to make fellow fans feel so unwelcome in their own community they have to go somewhere else? Nice.

Someone on TFW once told me: "Geeks disparaging other geeks is friggin cannibalism." I think it applies well here.

I also like how you called out a group for condemning another, then proceeded to condemn a different group yourself. You calling out "Shippers" is the same thing as another person calling out a "Geewunner".

Concluding with another thing that bothers me: "X group aren't proper fans."

Why would it bother me if it was something I'd never encountered? I met this kid and we switched numbers. We started talking about the figures we had, and then he started texting me picture after picture of whatever figure he had and asking for my figures. I kept saying no and he continued to insist. After I asked him to back off, he stopped talking to me.

Look, it's a personal thing. I'm a bit protective of my collection because people keep telling me I should get rid of it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    no need to get snippy, it was simply my way of going, "wow, really?"

people insisting on a lot of things usually end up looking like asses...

6. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry! :/ Not trying to be snippy, just letting you know it's something that's happened to me.

7. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    I figured as much; like you said, you wouldn't have brought it up if it hadn't happened.

no worries

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    This.

This! I know it's sort of in a different context, but I hate people (man or woman, I don't care) who feel its necessary to point out their gender constantly. It's in most fandoms where one gender is in the minority and I hate it so much. "Oh, you're a female/male in a fandom that's mostly male/female, have a cookie!". It comes off as really attention-seeking and annoying. You're not a special snowflake for liking something.

THIS! YES!
    You're amazing. Especially the 3rd Party compared to Hasbro stuff. It makes me want to choke something.

THIS! OMG THIS! I am so freaking sick of it. FOC just took it too far and Monstrosity is just embarrassing and I feel like it'll never end and there are so many fools who support this addiction to that movie.

Not this. There's nothing wrong with not sharing your opinion on the RIBFIR debate and a consistent change to one version is not "pandering", the fact is there is no 100% true answer to the question of their colours and throwing a hissy fit because people don't agree with you is the most annoying thing ever, just relax and don't get butthurt when people prefer RIBFIR, also, people are allowed to enjoy the Dinobots when they are comedic and not the Gary-Stu patrol as the often are in things like the Marvel Comics and FOC and, lastly,not reading a comic because you don't like the art style is pretty fair. Artwork is a big part of comics, just as filming techniques are a big part of movies and writing techniques are a big part of novels. While I hate the art of the Marvel Comics (really, its terrible, especially compared to what Marvel was doing in other series at the same time or even earlier) and still read it, I do understand why people would nto read it because of it. See how bad artwork can affect storytelling? I know the Marvel TF was nowhere near as bad as Greg Land, but it is something to think about.

Finally, I'll add three more things that push my buttons:

-People who use their photos to "prove a point" when someone says they don't like something. I have seen this so many times and it frustrates the hell out of me. For example, I don't like mixing Classics with Masterpiece and I don't think the iGear toys should ever be in a Masterpiece collection. Whenever I say either of those things someone will immediately reply to it with a photo of their collection doing one of those things to try and "show me" that it looks good. That puts me in an awkward position because now I can't say "No, it looks like crap" because I know they're proud of their awkward looking collection and I don't want to personally offend the person, but I'm not changing my opinion because someone has replied to me with a photo that in my eyes usually proves exactly what I'm saying. If someone has an opinion on what they think looks good and what they don't think looks good, just accept it.

-When there's a thread that goes "Am I the only one who likes [thing]" that's full of comments agreeing and then some idiots reply with "Yes, you are." Monkeys.

-People who only acknowledge the original G1 and whines when anything homages, acknowledges or celebrates any of the rest of the long history of Transformers. See the people whining about Generations Blitzwing's (awesome) gimmick for an example. I love G1, but idiots like that make it really hard to appreciate G1 sometimes.

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Die Hard Fans (mainly Raksha) who hate the Beast Era even though Beast Wars saved Transformers for some of the other lines (RID, Unicron Trilogy, Generations/ Classics/ Universe, Animated, the Live Action Movies, Prime)

Bayformers that get over designed and over complicated

Flame Wars over Exclusives (2007 comes to mind)

Racist Twins

People that bitch about Generations

Pat Lee

Constant Ridicule of Ultra Magnus, he's in the Hall of Fame, can we just agree to let his infamous quote go, and chalk it up to that he had more pressing things to deal with, mainly Galvatron

10. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Freakin' amen. :bowdown: 

It's like you pulled that straight from my brain. :cool: 

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

GFH, assimilating our thoughts, one awesome post at a time!

Anyway, another thing that annoys me, as I believe someone already noted, is the constant repetition and revival of argumentative topics for the sake of arguing. Positively unproductive >_<

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I forgot the most important one:

-People who use the word HYPERBOLE.The most annoyingly overused word on this darn forum. Seriously, it is used in nearly every thread for anything Transformers related, I would love to find out who started the trend of using it in every argument. Not every exaggeration deserves to be called "hyperbole" and it definitely is not what you call an opinion you don't agree with. Learn a new word, people!

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    It's really heavy handed to say that BW saved Transformers. It was still going on the other side of the planet. The US isn't the center of the universe, you know. And truth be told, any TF series released with a show tie in would have done just as well. The lack of media support is why sales declined in the US. Notice that the lines haven't "died" like G1 did back in the day. Also notice that there has been a steady stream of media to promote the toyline. This is not a coincidence.

I'd say the 2007 set was the exception to the flame wars, that one was well deserved.

14. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Argumentative nerds. They reinforce negative perceptions of us. When two grown men start arguing with each other because they disagree on how MMC should mold a tail on a Predacon, it makes me understand why the general public thinks we are a bunch of basement dwelling jackoffs.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

"Everything post 1986 is crap!" - It´s a shit cartoon made to tell toys, not some masterpiece, get over it.

16. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

The only thing that ever bugged me was back in 1984. When many people/kids use to call Transformers either Voltron or Gobots.

17. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

Actually, I only added that because otherwise I'd get "OMG you sexist bastard!" And I've only done it once I think, which was here. :) 

I'm not opposed to shipping itself, if they are good. But often the 'ships' that I've come across happen to be little more then drippy estrogen-filled goo fests, the characters serving as little more then vehicles for endless navel gazing on how cute the boy is and how much the female character's whole thought processes revolve around this relationship.

Now I have come across good 'ships. Stories where the character has a life outside of just trying to catch a boy's eye, where they don't devolve into weak unassertive women who lose their identity once they have him and are easily manipulated, letting the man rule over them and their body in some sexual manner.

Those are nice to read, and the female character is admirable. She feels real, and at times even heroic. But most of these stories don't often come until the woman author is a little older, when she has had a little life experience and doesn't solely rely on puppy love and teen romance flicks.

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G2 says "Hi."

19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    One shittily drawn comic and reruns of the original series are hardly what I call media support.

20. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Third Party Add on sets that drive the price up of the Original Set..

[​IMG]