What is your least favorite thing about your favorite TF toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YellowCorvette, Feb 4, 2018.

1. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

My least favourite thing about MP10 is that I can't display him in truck mode and bot mode at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Wish Classics/Henkei Mirage's head was bigger...

• Like Like x 2
  3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Also, his like G2 emblems :mad: 

It’s weird, I’ve seen that complaint a lot, I’ve got 3 copies of that mold: RTS/United/United Stepper and I’ve tested, I can pick them up by the hood and shake and they hold position.... I don’t know if I wa slucky or you were unlucky?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
  4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    YES . That it’s not an official figure ! An his chest will scratch if I attempt to transform him using my ham hands .

5. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    With me having more figures since then, I figure that I might as well mentions a few more...

SS86 Jazz - I dislike how the entire back/alt mode top is made entirely out of translucent plastic painted over; Maybe it just with my copy, but trying to transform the entire windshield/vehicle top part for car mode feels pretty scary, and I'm always afraid that I would break the entire part in half.

SS86 Hot Rod - Great figure (And probably one of the best G1 Hot Rod figure we would've gotten in a while), but it's hard to deny that the rear end of the car mode is anything but "pretty" and "complete".

Cybertron Hot Shot - I wish that the figure has thigh swivels, and the door kibble on the forearms can be further folded for a cleaner look; I would also love if the entire backpack can be locked more solidly in robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dont like how the arms on tlk voyager prime dont securely tab in other than that i love that figure

7. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    Mp starsaber is a dust magnet and I hate how loosey goosey the tolerances are on his joints over the years. I love him but damn does his chrome and joints oh and the way you slot saber in vstar is a bitch too. But he’s my favorite. Second would be TR Fortress Maximus but he just has a shit city mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    SS Lockdown has a great alt-mode and a gorgeous headsculpt but man I wish he wasn't such a kibbly clusterfuck. Also, the scale of his Lambo mode ensures he will never spend much time as it (despite how incredible it looks).

I've also become a big fan of SS Ironhide. It's literally a near-perfect representation of the guy, but there's nothing I can think of to excuse doing nothing to the bumper in robot mode and not having waist articulation other than Hasbro being lazy.

9. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tbh my main issue with my favourites is that it takes effort to transform them (laziness, I know). I love the transformations on figures like ROTF Optimus and UT Dragoon, but the effort involved means I don't flick them back and forth as much as I'd like to.

10. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

GS Super Megatron - love it, almost perfect. Even the alt-modes are OK for me.
    But his ankle is loose, very hard to stand

TR Greatshot (and his repaints) - the knees, enough said. Still love it, even the
    car-mode haha

POTP Throne Prime - Hollow gorilla mode at the back. No tank-mode. Still love the
    monkey king :D 

Black TR PMOP - ankle tilt, that's it. I can even tolerate the weird head cockpit

11. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Kuro Kara Kuri Megatron, MMC OM Stealth Azalea, Animated Black Convoy: That I can’t get a box each of them to get a second copy for me and hand out the rest to people like candy. Presumably to those who like licorice.

Prime first edition Starscream: That I can’t hand him out like..nevermind, I kind of do. That APC Toys haven’t made an upgraded KO of him yet.

3A TLK Prime, Actionmaster Thundercracker: Nothing, no flaw at all, my perfect sons.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Masterpiece Sideswipe’s face sculpt. Honestly, I think it would’ve been perfect if it ended up resembling what we got from the Siege toy.

13. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    UT AoE Optimus Prime has floppy feet.

14. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Recently purchased ER Hoist, no way to store his cone gun inside his vehicle mode perfectly.

15. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My least favorite part about Transformers is the stress marks that appear in virtually all the figures. If you look hard enough, you’ll find it. Even when it’s not about to break, the idea that it’s under structural stress sucks.

16. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First one that comes to mind is my SS86 Grimlock has one ratcheted leg and the other isn’t ratcheted.

17. dustbuster

dustbuster Well-Known Member

Bearbrick Optimus: He's just TOO cute!

Generations Signal Lancer: He doesn't exist.

18. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

G1 Soudwave- knees bend the wrong way

Cang Toys Predacons - complex transformations dampen the fun factor

Siege Seekers: Same damage deco across multiple figures, and Skywarp could be blacker

19. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really have a simple favourite, but there's two things that bugs me for almost all figures.

1) lack of articulation... especially wrist and ankles as they add a HUGE difference in playability of every toy that has them.

2) the 5mm "ports" that aren't ports at all, they are a hole and a peg. I really wish Hasbro would do something better, something like a very small "lip" to snap the parts in more securely would be a very minor mold change, and would add a huge difference. Consider the combiners hands and feet that wouldn't slide off, the weaponizers and any similar type figure that would prevents the parts simply falling off. So simple but would be so effective as a solution. The only thing with this, Hasbro would need to make the female side just a bit more solid, which they should be doing anyways (how many have had their combiner "port" break? simply because Hasbro make the part just too thin)

20. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Earthrise Sky Lynx had a couple extra pegs or something to connect the shuttle to the base. Yes the connection he has is secure but I'm always worried about it and wonder what to do if the connector were to break

• Like Like x 1