What is your favorite Transformers continuity?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rjupudi18, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

Major Transformers Continuities:
    Generations
    Beast Era
    Unicron Trilogy
    Live-action films
    Aligned

My personal favorite has to be the Aligned continuity. My number one reason for this pick is Transformers Prime. It's the show I grew up with and I love every aspect of it: the visuals, the character designs, the plot, the cliffhangers. I also played both the War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron games. I think they're really amazing and I would go as far as to say, they're probably the best Transformers games ever made. There is some debate among fans that the games and cartoons are not connected. I would agree to some extent. There are some major plot holes that need to be explained. However, I think the purpose of these games is ultimately to establish a backstory for the Prime cartoon and while there are differing plot points, they make up a continuous story arc. Rescue Bots is pretty good especially the crossover episodes with RID. As for the new Robots in Disguise cartoon, I was quite disappointed at first but it has been getting better and better. Season 3 really nails it with the return of Starscream, Optimus Prime and the Dark Star Saber. The novels are also quite good and portray a more accurate backstory to the cartoons than the video games. Overall, the Aligned continuity has been a great addition to Transformers as a whole. What's your favorite Transformers continuity?

• Like Like x 2
  2. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

I agree with a lot of what you said. Even though this is in the Prime RID section I don't believe this will end well. But we can hope!!!!

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Gotta be the Beast Era for me dawg.

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Either Animated or IDW. Both are universes teeming with interesting ideas that have stuck with me throughout the brand.

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Aligned. The one that got me addicted to Transformers.

6. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    G1 comics/cartoon (including Beast Era since I believe it's the same continuity)
    Animated
    IDW

7. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

G1, Animated, and the Aligned Continuities.

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    The G1 Cartoon is THE Transformers continuity for me. I also like the Marvel continuity. Heck I've made a fan canon that picks up after the cartoon.

Second place is the Movie continuity simply cause its what made me a Transformers fan.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Movie franchise started it all (thanks Bay, lol), but Prime/NURID got me as well

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    My favorite is the original. Both comics and cartoons. Both US/UK and Japanese versions.

I consider "Generations" a toyline, not a continuity. Right from the name alone, you can see it's talking about a bunch of different things.

The Beast era connects to the original, and I like that as well. I, and most people, don't consider that a separate continuity.

The Unicron trilogy is fun in moments but a pretty garbage continuity overall.

I like the Bay movie continuity.

Aligned is pretty bland, honestly. It's not horrible by any means, but kind of boring.

IDW, which didn't make the list for some reason, is a little better than Aligned, although still frustratingly not perfect.

Animated is great...far more interesting and better thought-out than Aligned or IDW (just check out the Allspark Almanacs and you'll see); I don't know why it didn't make the OP's list.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rjupudi18

I didn't include Animated on purpose. Transformers Animated is not a major continuity as it is based on one cartoon whereas the Aligned continuity includes three cartoons, video games, novels, etc.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Animated is a major continuity in that it featured more coherent, cohesive and expansive world building -- despite being only one cartoon -- better characterizations and character development than all of the Aligned trainwreck.

The video games are as close to G1 as they are to Aligned. They were originally developed to be pseudo-G1 before the Aligned thing came into play, and the development team was clearly channeling G1, not TFP or whatever. The aesthetic and tone bear no resemblance to TFP whatsoever.

The novels are the worst-constructed licensed hack work I've ever had to sit through. They make the Star Wars Expanded Universe look like Hemingway, Shakespeare and Salinger combined forces. And that's even before the fact the TF novels don't mesh with TFP or RID (never mind RescueBots) at ALL. Those Transformers "novels" make Aligned less of a major continuity, not more of one.

In my opinion, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'll just list the ones i've enjoyed:
    Sunbow cartoon
    Beast Wars cartoon
    RID cartoon
    NuRID (mostly season one)
    Fun Pub Nexus Prime story
    Trans Tech stories
    BW uprising (except for the first two Sorenson wrote: those where horrible)
    The DD GI Joe stories where they go to different moments in time had good things in it.
    IDW still has good stuff but needs to lay down on the fanservice.
    Thats what i can think of for the moment.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    IDW G1
    Sunbow G1
    Beast Wars Cartoon
    Armada cartoon
    Animated Cartoon
    Dreamwave G1
    Marvel G1

15. Weezie

Weezie COVID SUCKS TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sunbow G1 is my fave.
    I love the Prime cartoon (used to love Aligned as a whole but not so keen about the direction they've gone with RID. We'll see...)
    Animated and Bayformers are OK.
    I haven't read Dreamwave yet. I'm just getting round to reading the G1 comics. Don't like IDW or Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I´m not sure, only know the cartons. Let´s see:

G1: I didn´t even realize I liked it till I finished the last episode. I don´t like season 4 though.

Beast wars: I like it but Silverbolt was annoying and it kinde botherd me that finding the stasis pods wasn´t as important as they made it sound in the beginning.

Beast machines: Only remember that I wathched it and there was a plant based Transformer. I´d like to see more of those.

Beast wars II: I resently found a sub and I realy liked that one but the clip shows were unnecessary and the upgrades of the Decepticons in the end were abit hard to get used to.

RiD: Was okay I gess. To many clip shows.

Armada: So Starscream joins the Autobots for two or three episodes, goes back to the Decepticons and sacrifices himself to get both sides together. He gets tons of fangirls. Then Galvatron listend to Starscream, joind forces with Optimus and in the end sacrifices himself to defeat Unicron. He does not get any fangirls. Thats kinde unfair.

Energon: I found it funny when the charakters seemd as konfused as I was. That and the ending when everyone decided that it was there destiny to kill themselfes in the most heroig way they could find wile stoping the others from doing the same and in the end Galvatron won and was alowed to fly in to a sun all on his own. Also Unicron is the sorce of live. This show was weird. Is it posibile that the writers of this and Armada dried to make Galvatron a hero?

Cybertron: I kinde liked the first part untill Starscream got the Omega-Lock.

Animated: That one was fun to watch.

Prime: It was OK I gess.

GO: Tribel-Cominers that can change position to adapt to different situationens sounds like an interesting idea. the story could have been better.

NuRiD: The first episode reminded me of Beast Wars, Animated and Avengers Eaths mightiest Heros and didn´t get close to any of them. Its fun to watch and I like the Minicons.

Overall I kinde like someparts of every Transformers show I watched so far.

17. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Aligned and IDW, definitely.

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The first cartoon continuity. The original show is fun enough, Beast Wars is the best TF show there's been, and Beast Machines is the third best. I'd go into more detail, but I've actually gotten tired of talking about how awesome the Beast shows are.

• Like Like x 3
  19. kittycatusername123

kittycatusername123 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    Imma going to say Aligned, because it has good shows, comics, and games.

I really hate bayformers. A disgrace to the Transformers franchise.

Animated was a great show alongside Aligned.

G1(including BW and BM) was OK.

I didn't read the G1 comics.

20. Rjupudi18

Agreed. Aligned really is huge in the sense of all the media it has. As for Bayformers, I would only give credit for making Transformers more popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.