What is your favorite Bayverse's Combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JD The Last Autobot, Aug 5, 2019.

?

What's is your favorite?

1. Devastador (ROTF)

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Dragonstorm (TLK)

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Infernocus (TLK)

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

Which of the three Bayverse combiners is your favorite and why?

2. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    None of these were really any good. While devastator’s effects were pretty good, it still does not capture their true powerful potential.

Which is one of the reasons why I keep saying Transformers live action’s best days are yet to happen when combiners are done right in any of the future reboots.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Devastator’s posture is meh
    and Dragonstorm/ Infernocous were just a bunch of shards of metal morphing into each other

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Devastator easily. Infernocus was just a oversized version of one character, and Dragonstorm was literally shards of metal that looked like a dragon.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

What about Jetpower Optimus Prime? Technically a combiner even if the second bot has to die for it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Still The Best At What He Does

Watching Devastator combine was badass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

Devastator... mostly on account on never having seen the Last Knight. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  8. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

Devastator. The transformation and the wrecking balls suck, but at least he has color, unlike his G1. A robot made up of as many vehicles as it is would never be able to realistically stand, either.
    Dragonstorm looks cool and Infernocus is just pathetic.

9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Is dead!

News Credits:
    Devastator - as the only one of the three to look like something that can transform.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There 3 Combiner was a mess actually.
    1. Devastator - should introduce all Constructicons to have their personal character and weaponry and will combine to form Devastator only if they can't defeat Autobots, and their design should not be clumsy and look like gorilla.

2. Dragonstorm - This character is totally forgettable and not useful at all, ancient Transformers to combine? What the hell? They should introduce Stunticons or Combaticons in TLK since Onslaught in it. That's why the boxoffice flop, not attractive at all and robots battle sequences nearly zero.

3. Infernocus - For me this character can accept but I prefer they could scan on modern human technology and can fight longer with Autobots, somehow is a failure, he is just a cameo character, nothing important in TLK.

I hope the future franchise can introduce a true Combiner than can pleased all of us. I prefer Menasor, Bruticus and Superion. Actually quite easy to makes them watchable, just introduce their own character personality, and makes them hard to defeat with extraordinary weaponry for each cons before they combine. And the biggest point is don't combine before they bring assault one to one with Autobots, this is to let Audiences see their own capability before they can't defeat Autobots then only combine to form a Combiner. And for Combiner it should be invincible and have unique destruction weaponry. This is my version of Combiner that I hope to watch.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Galvatross

Galvatross What ogres do in life Shrekos in eternity. Veteran

I have to say Devastator, but for reasons nobody else has stated.

What I like about Devastator is that he is arguably the most grounded attempt at depicting a combiner in the brand. I can understand fans not enjoying him being a giant, bipedal, green-and-purple robot, or Devastator getting, well, devastated by a human-built rail gun, but I actually think how he's depicted in RotF is a more realistic take on the first combiner. Instead of being this giant robot ninja, I rather like that he's this quadrupedal, Cybertronian Frankenstein who struggles to move in Earth's gravity. I don't think he should be as agile or quick as smaller robots. And my biggest issue with his "wrecking balls" is that they weren't used enough. Devastator should have used them as maces for some Autobot and military-wrecking action of the bizarre kind!

That said, I actually really like the concepts and designs for Infernocus and Dragonstorm. There are a lot of things similar in The Last Knight and "Madman's Paradise," and I don't think it's a coincidence, but actual inspiration. Infernocus reminds me of an evil, mechanical Ent, and "MM's Paradise" has weird tree-centaurs that likewise have really bizarre designs. And Dragonstorm is a dragon whose enemy is an evil, shapeshifting, Quintesson (?) sorcer(ess), just like the Golden One in "Paradise."

I think that Infernocus and Dragonstorm should have fitted more within the whole "Creators trying to rein in their creations" thread in AoE. Now Infernocus, Nemesis, and Dragonstorm fighting together against the Autobots and Dinobots, with Galvatron and the Decepticons being wild cards, could have been more exciting threats than yet another "Cybertron coming to Earth" scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    Inferno us he was threatening for like 2 seconds, devastator was a vaccum cleaner of doom, and dragonstorm was barely in the film

13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I like both Devastator and Infernocus in different ways.

I'm one of the few people who actually likes movieverse Devastator, and thinks he's a solid change. And that's coming from someone who still has never fully warmed up to Optimus' flames.

I don't know, I'm not sure a giant green and purple Devastator would have translated well on-screen. Construction vehicles aren't bright green and purple. Just picture a bunch of prop vehicles painted in those colors. Even by cartoon standards it looked a bit odd, honestly (we've just gotten used to it). Maybe it could have worked as construction vehicles on a military base, with deeper green? I'm sure a nice middle ground could have been found (like some of those early concepts and fan-designs), but I think the version we got was solid.

He embodies everything important about Devastator. His size, his menace, his destructive nature, and his components being construction vehicles. And you can't complain about him being too beast-like when G1 literally had Devastator climbing the Empire State Building like King Kong. The comparison to a primal animal was always part of the character. The movies just chose to reflect that in the design.

The only thing I would have done is make the individual Constructicons more intelligent, so there would be a fun contrast. Also have him survive long enough to go up against Optimus in battle armor (and be defeated by him). I'm convinced that had to be part of a earlier draft...it just seems so obvious. Even a toy catalog hinted at a battle between the two.

Infernocus was also cool. He looked like a higher-tech combiner, which makes sense, since he's probably a newer model built by Quintessa. He had a really neat design.

Dragonstorm was fine, I didn't love him or hate him. He honestly seems like the most gimmicky combiner we've seen. Possibly because I'm not sure quite how he functions. He's comprised of sentient robots, but he can be controlled like a drone by a human wielding a staff? I sort of felt like the dragon could have been a different character, separate from the knights (something more akin to Grimlock, with lower intelligence).

Also, you forgot Reedman (the micro-bot combiner in ROTF)! And the Twins!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

I like all three, though none of them were used to their full potential.

Devastator should have thrown down with Optimus like in the RotF game. That would have been a fight.

I feel like Infernocus's scale is the best example of what a Scramble City/G1 Devastator gestalt would look like: about twice as tall as Optimus, putting him at about 50 to 60 feet. I much prefer it to the Godzilla-sized gestalts.

As for Dragonstorm, he was a waste, even if he had an awesome design. He should have been either made up of other Infernocons like Infernocus, or he should have been an alternate configuration for Infernocus, granting the Infernocons a land gestalt form and an air gestalt form.

• Like Like x 1
  15. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sums it up for me as well.

In fact, I would love for the name 'Infernocus' to pop up again. It's pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hahmonen

Hahmonen Member

I like devastator but he deserved a cooler death.

Optimus flying into his mouth and blowing him up from the inside would have been awesome

• Like Like x 2
  17. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Reedman.

[​IMG]

Unlike the other combiners, this little fucker was actually useful and cool.

• Like Like x 5
  18. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I really like Devastator for a lot of the reasons already mentioned. I like that he wasn't symmetrical as the cartoon combiners were.

19. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

That's actually a very good point - he got in, did the job, and got out despite complications arising from detection, and disappeared into the sunset, no doubt retiring to a sunny Acapulco beach, umbrella drink in hand.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime 25 days until MPM Ratchets reveal

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He was so underrated. I'll always view him as Frenzy 2.0

• Like Like x 1