What is with the insane KO prices lately?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jun 5, 2009.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Someone forgot to tell the KO makers that their product is unlicensed and illegal! $69 for the KO Shadow commander when you can get the real deal for $89! The KO G1 stuff is going for way to much too. $85 Superion set, $60 Gnaw, $55 Dinobots. These shouldn't cost anywhere near those prices! I am not normally anti KO by any means. I was looking forward to the blue bluestreak, but not at these prices.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Three words: Pre-ROTF-hype. If there's something that could be called a TF (doesn't need to say "Transformers" on it either), people can jack up prices and there will be people to buy them at those rediculous prices.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KOs should be $20 MAX. It's like charging $6 a case for Sam's Choice Cola.....ABSURD!!!

4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw that ko shadow commander for 10 bucks less than the real thing

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    do you guys even realize the actual costs for these figures? I agree the idea of KO and expensive is an oxymoron. But think about how complex these Uber KO are compared the crap you get at Biglots and china town.

I admit $100 USD for a Clear G1 mirage is a bit high but the quality and the fact that they are using steel tooling jsut means higher costs.

It is a simple explanation. Small production run and high costs. Of course for the Shadow Commander set, there isnt much in terms of costs since the molds are already made. but re tooling a new mold for bluestreak and mirage, costs serious money.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Movie hype. Think they can get higher prices.

7. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

That's why I'm getting my hands on every Nice G1 figure I can find ASAP. Screw the movie toys, you guys go at it and fight over that junk. They're a dime a dozen. Transformers is going to get out of hand for some collectors :( 

I have cash for a G1 $80. here and a G1 $200. there, but this movie stuff is really driving up prices and it worries me.

I love the movies though, so I'll have to cope.

8. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

I'm not entirely unconvinced that prices haven't just skyrocketed as makers of knock-offs realized how many collectors are willing to pay for toys regardless of whether or not they're official products.

9. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

This might be a small factor in the price-hike, but i really think the hype of ROTF is the main driving force.

I mean the main pull of a KO is the fact that its priced much lower than the actual product. When the Price is nearing the original stuff, i really see no point in buying an inferior product.