What is there to buy in Japan?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jspags15, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

My brother is going to Japan for work in a month or two and I was wondering if it's worth him bringing me back something. We live in the U.S. and I have no idea what's even available in Japan, 3P or otherwise. So is there a lot of 3P or TT stuff available in Japan? And if so, is it worth buying and bringing it back cost wise? Thanks for any info, cause I have no idea about this.

2. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

TT arguably yes, depending upon if there's anything you're interested in. Especially so for vintage stuff, though that's kind of a what's-there-at-the-time basis and you have to know where to look.

3P - nope. Don't waste your/his time and/or money. You can find it, but the range here is small and ludicrously overpriced, even by 3P standards.

3. jspags15

That's what I thought about 3P stuff in Japan. What about the Takara Unite Defensor set, is that cheaper to buy in Japan and bring back then to just buy from, say TF Source for $160 USD shipped?

4. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Tell him to go to Akihabara, you can find from vintage to modern collectibles over there. More so, if you're a big fan of Anime, thats even better, they have everything over there. It's like the Times Square of all electronics and nerd stuff.

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Hentai, lots and lots of hentai.
    Oh wait that's not what you meant... Um...Yeah go to Akihabara

6. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Only a few places sell 3rd party TFs, Mandarake in Akiba is your best bet (it's on the 7th floor, where all the figures are), but they are 2nd hand.

7. jspags15

I guess my question's been answered then. I guess I won't be bothering my brother to get me something. I was thinking even about the Unite Defensor but people have told me it's not worth the hassle.

8. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

You'll never know what second-hand items they'll have. I bought a bunch of stuff for almost half the price with the box in good condition. Tell him to take some pictures/videos of the items and their prices and send them to you to see if they're worth it for you.

9. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

You can buy MPs over there like at stores so you might wanna consider that plus you cam actually but adventure figures for the pirce of RID figures over there

10. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

I had the privilege of going to Akihabara a couple years back and I would recommend save your money. It's cheaper on the Internet and transformers are not a priority. Overpriced

11. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPs mainly

for 3P, buy a plane ticket to Hong Kong and hit up Action Robo.

12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I would echo this. In fact MP is pretty cheap in Hong Kong as well. The days of Japan being a Transformers mecha is over. Hong Kong is where all the action is nowadays.