What is the worst classic figure so far? and why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kwickstrike, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Bot: Silverbolt hands down. Too simple a transformation, plus he should have stayed a combiner body (thankfully the Energon superion repaint does that) I'm loking foward to the Dreadwing repaint, though, it fits the mold much better.

Con: Galvatron, but not because he's bad, he's just not the best. Combined with the number of Autobots over Decpeticons in the limited line, he's the bottom of the short totem pole.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Blaster's packaging quite clearly labels him as a Classics figure. You can call it otherwise however you want, but for all official purposes he IS part of the Classics series in the Universe line.

I see quite a few show inaccuracy posts in here too, which don't make any sense seeing as how this figures aren't based on a show. G1 hasn't aired for almost 2 decades now, its based on modernizing the characters themselves, not any show.

For me?

Ironhide- Just a poor mold.

Galvatron- also a poor mold.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Tankor. Ok, I don't expect a triple changer to have two perfect alt modes, but one of them should be good. Even his robot mode is lacking. It's like they compromised each mode without letting any of them benefit. And to think people complained about Astrotrain.

4. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I agree, I love Astrotrain. Each mode is really cool. :)  The only gripe I have about him is the weird/crappy robot knees.

Yeah I couldn't like Tankor either, not the worst figure though just none of the modes are 'good'.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Let's see... I don't think Grimlock is a good Grimlock, but it's certainly not a bad mold. Frankly, I love the mold as an updated Overkill. Sooo... I guess I get the dislike for the mold itself as Grimmy.

As for my two least favorites...

Autobots: Ironhide... is just a lot of poor design choices that made it past engineering and QC. His alt mode looks like a horrid jigsaw puzzle and this partially translates into robo mode as well with the arms and such. I also can't believe the way the molds head can't clear the top of the torso without being mistransformed or heavily modding the toy itself. It's just a really flawed design, but only because it feels like they didn't take enough time to actually design him better.

Decepticons: Galvatron. Hands down the worst mold in, not just Classics, but Transformers as well. He's too small (even for a deluxe), to fiddly (everything just falls off of him) and he's a horrible mismatch of colors (purpls, grey & orange? who thought that was a good idea?). Not to mention his sleek robot parts look totally out of sorts with his chunky tank parts. If marketing hadn't had their heads up their arses and would have let him be released as a voyager he probably would have been a slightly better figure... but I still have my doubts as the overall design just doesn't work very well IMPO.

6. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Tankor is awesome IMO.

7. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tankor and Cheetor. Cheetor is so fricking easy, but they never do it right. Basically, stand up, pop head out.

If they would have done half of the detail that is in Cyclonus, he would have been great.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Not trying to pick an argument, just honestly interested: why?

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Worst = Galvatron.
    Seriously the colors, the size, and the transformation....
    Both version henkei and universe!

10. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Autobot: Prowl, only because of his crap paint. Otherwise, I can't say.

Decepticon: Galvatron cuz of his complex transformation. If he was a larger scaled toy, I would justify the transformation.

11. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Galvatron. What a piece of crap.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Galvatron. Floppy, loose, unappealing piece of shit.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Autobot: Grimlock. Transformation is terrible, bot mode legs suck and nothing locks into place in robot mode.

Decepticon: Starscream. Stiff, tubby and all around not very fun or attractive looking.

Best would be a three-way tie in the 'Bots section of Mirage/Sideswipe/Sunstreaker. Best on the Decepticon side would be Onslaught.

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I like the alt modes and robot form, I love the G1 Octane too, maybe is part of the reason...

15. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i dont own bumblebee mold hot rod mold or astro train mold. are those ones good or bad?

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Bumblebee is decent and if you like his G1 incarnation you'll enjoy this. Also, his jet ski becoming a jet pack is just icing on the cake.

Astrotrain, while getting a lot of flack for not having 'three perfect modes', is an excellent toy and one of the few figures I'll actually advocate shelling out for the Henkei version of the figure (show accurate and all that). He has an excellent robot mode and his bullet train mode is spot on. His shuttle mode takes some liberties (has the weird 'cargo' things on the side by the wing... which has become popular with Hasbro), but all in all it's an excellent figure. With triple changers some sacrifices have to be made, but unlike Octane, Astrotrain pulls off all three of his well and any gripes are only minor ones.

Rodimus is a very big disappointment... he's got a great vehicle mode and his robot mode looks good, but it's not very poseable. The arms particularly bug me as they really should have been given more. I also think he's kind of shorter then the character should be. I'm hoping the 'Protector' armor fansproject is releasing fixes him... because right now he feels like a lot of wasted potential.

17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I like em all but the one who I dont really play with that much is Octane. I forget sometimes he even apart of my Decepticon forces. I dont like my Henkei Thundercracker cuz the stupid arm cannons dont stay on. Grimlock doesnt get much play either but I like the mold. Like I said I like em all

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The worst classics figure is Grimlock. I'm not a fan of the T-Rex head becoming the feet at all.

Astrotrain and Tankor are weak too, which is a shame. Their G1 counterparts---even without articulation---pull off triple changing better.

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ironhide.

25 years and we STILL can't get one with an actual working head.

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Worst Decepticon -- Galvatron.

Worst Autobot -- Powerglide.