What is the worst and best Transformers movie for you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JD The Last Autobot, May 28, 2019.

?

What is the worst Transformers movie for you?

1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

36 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

What is for you the worst Transformers movie (I only put those three alternatives because I think they are the worst)

What is for you the best Transformers movie?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    My favourite is DOTM, but Bumblebee is from a technical standpoint the better made film.

4. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    As of now, probably Dark of the Moon. My memory of watching that one is the worst. I just recall it being long, and less interesting than the others. I feel like a lot of the things I'm fatigued on in this series exist in DOTM. The giant city battles, somewhat generic-looking grey Decepticons (like the Dreads), a somewhat convoluted plot. Revenge of the Fallen is probably technically worse, but I think I enjoy that movie's adventure more. At least once we get past Sam's college. It kind of becomes a fun romp after that. DOTM never really gets overly fun.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

It is true.Bumblebee is the best transformers movie ever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

You know, I really like Dark of the Moon, but I also think you make some good points.

Nowadays, I'm really not sure as to which is my least favorite, because I like all of them for what they are, even if I like some of them more than others. That said, I don't have a strict order of favorite-to-least-favorite.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Galvatross

Age of Extinction. I like all of the movies, but I found AoE to be more fascinating than any of the others for many reasons. It wasn't the fourth live action movie I expected or desired after DotM exactly, but if anything, I enjoyed it more as a result, because I enjoyed it for what it was.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Yeah, there are definitely good and bad aspects of each. I could see ROTF and DOTM swapping places on a rewatch. When I watched all the movies about a year ago, ROTF was my least favorite. But my memory of that has aged better than my memory of DOTM. I'll probably rewatch them this summer, so I'm curious how much my thoughts on each movie will change.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galvatross

I think, of the two, DotM is the better of the two in most ways. Fight scene choreography. Character. How it depicts the affects of the war on robots and humans alike. Geographic continuity.

That said, I find RotF to be the more fun rewatch as time goes on. It's funnier, as crude as some of the humor may be, it's better paced I find, it's more colorful, its designs are more creative, the banter between Megatron and Starscream is entertaining, you actually see Decepticons switch sides. Plus, while it might not be better as a movie than DotM, I think it's actually better as a sequel to the 2007 film than DotM is to RotF, even if some of the major plot points are completely silly.

• Like Like x 5
  10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I base my ratings on if I could only rewatch one, which would I pick:
    1. DotM - Best action, battles, fx, twist, classic TF characters. In my eyes it's the epitome of what a TF movie should be.
    2. AoE - Best TF interaction, some cool scenes, less crude humor, neat change of pace.
    3. 07 movie - Good introduction movie, a bit too much on the humans, but that's expected for budget reasons.
    4. RotF - Too much crude humor and the desert search was drawn out, but had some great designs and battles.
    5. TLK - Way too much crude humor and it felt like most of the movie was Cade and the woman driving around looking for stuff.
    6. Bumblebee - A repeat of the teen plot in the first movie except with more teen stuff and less Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  11. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Best - AOE
    Worst - BB

• Like Like x 8
  12. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

It will always be mixed reviews. G1 fans will like BB for its G1 aesthetics and going back to the 80's

Where the BW club is probably dog tired of all the GeeWon-ness that is running rampant now. So they will turd all over BB and like the others better. The characters from the older movie were recognizable, but designed differently enough to go away from G1.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

I rate them by which one is more re-watchable(in my opinion).
    Aoe is at the top for me, i've rewatched the beginning of the movie so much now.
    The worst transformers movie is no doubt Predacons Rising.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    AoE is the worst because you know why TLK even happened? Because AoE convinced Paramount that they could pass absolute bullshit off as a plot and it would make mad bank in China regardless. TLK was at least honest in being a soulless cash grab trying to launch a shitty universe, but AOE pretended it was anything but

Among many, many other reasons why I find fault with the narrative on a fundamental basis but I will not go into detail this time. You've all heard my spiel before.

Best film is the first since it has the element of mystery behind the Transformers, instead of the element of bullshit that conveniently nobody bothered looking at like every film after it.

EDIT: Oh, we talking in total and not the bayverse exclusively? Then of course Bumblebee is the best because the ability to transform is creatively used, the fight sequences are easier to follow as they are more brightly lit from colorful character design, no mcguffin, and transformation-integrated-melee-combat in a way that was more than just a head-on collision between two vehicles.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bumblebee is best, TLK is worst. AOE may have been a "what not to do" list, but TLK was that and more. TLK physically hurt to watch it was so jumbled, so annoying, so poorly plotted and paced and... douchey.

Bumblebee was such a breath of fresh air, but even if it existed in a vacuum where there was no TLK it would still be a pleasant, fun movie that felt true to the franchise's heart. Human and Autobot form a friendship, Decepticons lying and bullying to get what they want, Autobot bravely fights to stop them. It doesn't get anymore "Transformers" than that. No convoluted prehistory plot, no bullshit macguffin, just Transformers and their wacky adventures.

• Like Like x 9
  16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more.I still consider ROTF the most fun to watch out of the 5.It's colorful as you said and vibrant..and that vibrant energy has been passed down to TLK although ROTF had more to it and it was more solid both action and what was going on..both more elaborate again even as I enjoyed TLK.The first movie and the 4th lack this vibrant energy(DOTM has a spark of it but it's different) and color and that's why they aren't as fun after you watch them time and time again and the introduction stuff feels like it's a lot..but I'm only saying that from years of watching these movies..otherwise no problem.

• Like Like x 3
  17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Best movie: DotM
    Worst movie: TLK

• Like Like x 5
  18. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Even after AOE/TLK, ROF will always remain the bottom of the dumpster for me.

Bumblebee is easily the best. Feels like it could have been a big budget version of an episode from the G1 cartoon or issue from the Marvel comic.

• Like Like x 3
  19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I grew up with G1 and for me the G1 aesthetics of Bumblebee have nothing to do with it. They were only used in a few select scenes. The main characters, Bee, Blitzwing, Shatter, and Dropkick, all had aesthetics close to the Bay movies.
    The reason Bumblebee was my least favorite was because it had the least action and energy but the most teen drama.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d say based on the three options, Last Knight was the worst, because you’d think after making four films, they would learn from their mistakes, such as cutting back on the screen time on humans, or make them interesting characters at the very least, have clear action scenes, cut down on product placement and fix the issue of pacing.

I’ll give Revenge of the Fallen the benefit of the doubt by the fact that it was the first sequel, so maybe they were trying to experiment new stuff (like introducing new and established characters; tell a story with Optimus Prime not being the lead character etc).

Even though Age of Extinction made me left sorely disappointed when I left the cinema, as I hoped the new human characters and Transformers would fix the problems, which they didn’t in my opinion, it still had some slight redeeming factors, such as Lockdown.

But I voted for Last Knight. Even though I was slightly more disappointed with Age of Extinction than this (because that one had much more potential), the fact that this film’s poor performance ultimately lead to Hasbro declaring Bumblebee as a reboot instead as a prequel means this one is the worst. Additionally, this film kinda proves that the formula was, at this point, not working, and that change needed to be made.

Having said that, there’s nothing wrong if you enjoy any of these films. If you enjoyed it, more power to you. But I cannot say that I will anytime soon.

I liked Bumblebee, and honestly, it’s my favourite Transformers film. The art style was more appealing, the characters (both human and Transformers) were great, both in terms of design and personality. Nothing in the film felt like a drag to me. The Decepticons had a sense of personality. Bumblebee (the character) was quite likeable, as was Charlie. I could go on, but I’m sure you get the point; I really believe that Bumblebee is one of the best Transformers films, followed by the ‘07 film (which help bring Transformers to a recognisable global brand, and gave use Barricade) ‘86 film (which has its iconic moments, and gave us some memorable characters, like Hot Rod, Kup, Arcee, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron and more).

• Like Like x 1