What is the purpose of the supreme devastator, if the legends toy is better ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Vincymon, Jun 5, 2009.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    .........Tisk tisk tisk........ Why are we complainig about childerens toys?

2. newguy

newguy i

I like the big one.

Lets face it, everyone want's a huge TF to put on a shelf, or have it crush the tiny little autobots that stand before it.

3. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I like Legends Devs because he looks more Movie accurate than Supreme Devs.

4. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ARE U INSANE? WELL ME TOO

if i want power ranger toys ill go buy power ranger toys, supreme dev is nothing but a power ranger toy with a few gimmicks, shame on hasbro!

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The purpose of the Supreme Devastator is to make money for some people who gave up on making transforming toys because they were too difficult and decided to just sell a Voltron toy that looks like a huge gorilla with funny colors.

6. porkimus

porkimus Well-Known Member

because most of us are kids at mind.(like myself)

7. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed that the reason we are NOT getting a bunch of Voyagers that combine into one Devestator is the Drop Test.

Wouldn't the combined weight of all those toys make the toy a little unstable, considering all the other moving parts involved in making a Voyager?

The combined weight could easily make dangerously small/sharp pieces fly off the toy if it was dropped. Dangerous for the little ones.

8. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    Isnt that why they have the Age+ thing on the packaging?

9. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. But they can't cater to the relatively smaller adult collectors market AND the kids (the target market here).

A fully combining Devestator may come along further down the road, but right now, it's the kids they are making these for.

10. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

The purpose of the Supreme Devastator is to keep the retail shelves warm this winter, especially past the x-mas season, when it is the coldest.

11. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    sorry lil billy with the economy in the crapper we cant afford to get you the $100 paper weight this Christmas, even if it lights up!

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Japanese EZ collection is up for pre order at different online stores for $50-$55. I love how so many people bitch about the big Devastator and say they will never buy him, but you know when it comes out, many of these people are going to pick him up.

13. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    We aren't getting season 4 ever.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Wow. Denial runs deep in this one.

15. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I Think Legends Devastator Is Better Because It's Components Can Transform From Vehicle To Robot To Limb, Unlike Supreme Class Devastator.

16. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    plus theres the lack of scale w/ Supreme class Devestator. Long Haul's dump truck mode is CLEARLY smaller than Hightower's crane mode.

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The purpose of the Supreme Devastator is to make artificial gorillas to replace the soon to be extinct gorillas of Africa.
    Mixmaster has to be larger bec. gorillas have large heads.
    Scavenger has to be double size bec. Overload is missing.
    The arms of gorillas are much longer than the short legs so Long Haul and Rampage have to be smaller. Gorilla arms are quite long and can reach the ground.
    The Supreme Devastator is a tribute to the work of Dian Fossey with the gorillas in Rwanda and is also a tribute to Grodd, Magilla, King Kong, Mighty Joe Young, Sasquatch and Tracy the gorilla of ghost busters.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

Aside from size, I just like the face sculpt on the Supreme so much better than the Legends. The Devy head on the Legends just looks so damned fugly to me, yet the head on the big one was one of the things that made me like it right out of the gate (now if only they could've painted some of the areas on it red... oh well). I plan to get both versions (plus the individual Voyagers and Deluxes) but man, that face will take some getting used to.
    I also like the thick, clunky, simplistic nature of the big one; from the looks of things, it won't be all fiddly and take hours to get him tfed and merged, it seems far less likely to break than even the stand alone movie figures, theres likely less loose/floppy pieces hanging off, and just one big solid looking monster. Ideally, individual bot modes would've been really cool, and maybe they could've kept a lot of the things I like about it and just had Predaking level bot modes (ie. really simplistic and clunky) but then they would've looked out of place with the other movie figures (well, maybe not the FABS). I'm happy enough with the compromise we got (not so much the price tag, but I can deal).
    At the same time, its pretty easy to see why other collectors (who are used to things like MPs) are pissed off at something that's clearly a kids toy at a collectors item's price point.

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    HASBRO did state a reason (although I think it is only valid because they wanted electronics.)

20. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    What would a kid buy? A Huge devastator with sounds and gimmicks, or a Small Legends class one with no gimmickery