What is the importance of Sparktypes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by WilyMech, Jul 12, 2014.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a funny question. I mean what is the purpose of sparktypes? I know in blood types allow blood transfusions. AB + is the Universal recipient and O negative is the Universal donor which in blood types AB positive is lethal when giving blood. Plasma is different story AB+ is universal donor and O Negative is the Universal recipient. I wonder there more to being a certain Spark type.

2. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I know is that the Tumblr fandom is complaining about them

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Then... there's your answer. Enrage the nerds.

4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Spark jumpstarting, like Cyclonus did? Maybe it works only with the same spark types?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibly, though I was thinking perhaps Tailgate's spark-type was overridden by Cyclonus' in the transfusion.

6. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    We know from MTMTE #12 that matching spark-types are needed for First Aid's jumpstarting method.

To be honest, they're basically just a blood-type analogy. I'm not sure they have much of a greater 'purpose' beyond that.

7. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I thought it was odd detail to mention. Chromedome being Barren is a strange thing indeed but that is used for reproduction. I suppose it can be said he can't give transfusions. Why would Ratchet put sparktypes as additional information. Nightbeat was slow on the draw when it came to mysteries.

8. Death's Head

Death's Head Freelance Agent

We know why Chromedome is 'barren' - it's because he's donated so much of his innermost energon to past conjux-endurae which he has subsequently been forgotten.

9. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Nah, that's why he doesn't have any innermost energon, we don't know why he's "barren". (First Aid guessed that it was because Chromedome is a Mnemosurgeon)

10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'd be surprised if they had any more meaning beyond that. This data comes from Ratchet, so it's probably mostly of medical importance.

11. WilyMech

News Credits:
    If we go on Chromedome and use it context of human beings it means he can not create an offspring. It is not normally associate to donating innermost energon or spark energy to jumpstart. I am not certain how this applies to mnemo-surgery unless there is a negative affect towards Chromedome's spark. Not only that Ratchet also mention high yield and low yield as distinction to a spark type. It does appear random facts....

12. Death's Head

Death's Head Freelance Agent

Ah, I just assumed that was what 'barren' meant - Chromedome himself refers to his lack of innermost energon as being 'born dry'.

13. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I thought he was "born dry" I mean Chromedome he had so many Conjunx Endura and erased all of them except with Rewind. Because Chromedome mourned for each passing of his lovers.

Have theory that Prowl had a hand in Chromedome's Conjunx Enduras' demise.

14. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    There are two separate things mentioned about Chromedome. One that he has no innermost energon because he was 'born dry', which then Brainstorm explains is not correct - he's offered his innermost energon to past CEs. The other is that his spark is low yield, which First Aid thinks may be because of the interfacing.

In Ratchet's notes, Cyclonus is also low yield, but not barren, so either 'barren' is a reference to Chromedome's lack of innermost energon or something else entirely.

It could be that 'barren' is a left over term from when spark splicing was believed to be behind cold construction. In that sense, you could be barren if your spark could not produce a new spark. However since we now know that to be a lie, it would be odd for Ratchet to use it this way.

I think it is a reference to Chromedome's lack of innermost energon, because barren also means empty.

Spark types could be a mix of a few things found in human blood, including the equivalent of chromosomes.

15. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I think it is very odd to have that data out there period and it is something that a medic would keep to themselves.

Humans biology in ABO blood types is not component to just transfusions but reproduction as well. Some blood types are not compatible with each other to produce a child and renders a couple infertile. In old days the term and I do mean 1800's or even before fertility clinics "barren" was used on women who can not produce a child. Roberts is not know to use a term lightly nor it is random. It is indeed puzzling.

16. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That's not correct in the way that you say it. There have been studies that indicate that blood type and fertility may be linked, but it's certainly not the case that some combos are de facto infertile.

17. WilyMech

News Credits:
    true enough....it is not automatic it is just harder for a person to conceive and carry a child to full term.

18. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    You're right. Roberts confirmed it on his twitter. Here's a link: https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/486926922358988802

19. WilyMech

News Credits:
  20. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr: