What is after Prime Wars for CHUG collectors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Oct 8, 2016.

1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I have been collecting CHUG toys since 2008. I have closely followed TakaraTOMY's toy lines, Henkei! Henkei!, United, Generations, Legends, and Unite Warriors. Besides a couple of repaints, I have 1 of each mass release figure from the 5 toy lines. Looking through my collection, almost all the show characters from 1984 to 1987 are done.

The glaring gaps are the Dinobots, Predacons, Terrorcons, and to a lesser extent, the Clones, Targetmasters, and Throttlebots. I think Scorponok will be released soon; so there is no need to worry about him.

I do not think I want to go through another cycle of CHUG; Optimus Prime, Autobot Cars, etc. again; the reason I skipped the Grand Convoy set. I know there have been lackluster figures that are screaming to be made for a second time, and the post 1987 characters that people want updates of. However, I am fine without those unless they do Beast Wars because Beast Wars was my era.

CHUG seems to be an evergreen toy line now, and I do not see it ending for many years to come. Space is a big concern for me so I guess I can move on once TakaraTOMY completes the Legends toy line, or maybe I may stick around for at least 1 more toy line, but just 1 more...

2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    we also still need Micromasters, Pretenders, Actionmasters (done funpub style as actual transformers), g2, victory, zone, beast wars/machines, and armada.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    There are still a LOT of characters in need of fitting chug representation.
    Provided they deliver on those Has/Tak are gonna have a loyal customer in me for a long time.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Beast modes seem to be the popular assumption for prime wars 3, but I'm hoping for dinobots/predacons rather than a beast wars line. Isn't the next Titan trypticon anyway?

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Part 3 beasts as in rise of the primatives.

After that i think thats where omega will get his titian resulting probaly in a gimmic free focus on characters hopefully from all arcs from g1 bw aec prime and so on

6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Running with the popular thoery that part three will be beast themed and give us the beast combiners, dinobots and maybe even some pretenders the obvious thing to do, at least as I look at my chug shelf, would be a gimmick free 'back to basics' line. It provides a chance to update all the 84/85 Bots whose classics versions are starting to look a bit dated. Who knows, we may even get those voyager seekers so many of us have been crying out for.

Now that i've said that watch it be something completely different like the entire Victory line done chug.

7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I hope the third part of Prime Wars to be Beast theme. Not as in Beast Wars, but a mix of Generation 1 and Beast Wars animal characters. We can have Gorilla Optimus Primal, and Dragon Megatron leading the Dinobots, Predacons, and Terrorcons. Beast does not have to be fully organic, it can be also techno-organic.

I am on the minority here, but I feel Omega Supreme should not be Titan Class. Omega Supreme should not stand shoulder to shoulder with Metroplex. It should only be Titan Class due to price point, rather it should be a Devastator-sized Titan Class figure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I agree with this. I would like Omega to be in scale with Devestator since they were arch enemies in the G1 cartoon.

EDIT Guess it would help if a re-read the title of the thread a few times after I'm good and awake and before I post. I thought it meant during Prime Wars part 3. Whoops. :lol 

But as for after...I'll probably keep buying figures as long as Generations keeps going after Prime Wars is over with. As long as I have some gaps to fill on my Classics shelf and they continue to put out some great figures, I'll keep buying.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  9. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Gobots.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    There is a simple pleasure in life for collectors: Walking into a toy store, seeing a toy we want on the shelf, picking it up and buying it.

I haven't done that since 1999, but I want to be able to do it again.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Meh, there are few BW toys i want updates for.
    I would buy the hell out of an Iron Factory style legends scaled BW toyline, but i now that'll probably never happen.
    I still hope PW3 will be part Beast Combiners part Pretenders wich i think is perfectly doable as per my pitch, but i'll wait and see.
    Might be Has/Tak prooves us all fools, but what i certainly dont want is to revisit the 84 characters, i love the CW versions and it would be awesome if Takara wouldcomplete them and there are those who still need appropriate representation like Shockwave and Reflector.
    Other than that though i hope they continue updating the G1+2 toylines with a fewBW, UT and RID updates in there too, but there is still way too much material too work with before generations is done with G1.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    BW hopefully. Still want a BW Rampage and Depthcharge. A new Dinobot would be great too.
    I also would love to see some Armada updates. I always loved Armada Scavenger's design, and I really want a modern update for him. Heck, I'd even love to see the Autobot car brothers from the 2001 RID series.
    Basically, do the CHUG thing but with other lines. Instead of updates for G1 figures, do updates on figures from other lines/eras. Just feels like the next logical step.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see Micromasters coming back for sure.

I wouldn't mind another go at the Datsun trio the Universe version isn't great.

14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    As long as the "line unity" aspect isn't forced on every character, I will be fine with whatever it is. Making everyone a headmaster in Titans Return and everyone a Combiner in CW kinda turned me away from quite a few figures, good looking or not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

There's an untapped treasure trove with Masterforce/Victory/Zone just waiting for Hasbro to dive into. I know Hasbro pretty much wants nothing to do with the Japanese G1 shows, but Shout Factory has released them into the North American wild so Hasbro may as well cash in. They're already getting excellent returns from Titans Return figures for characters much more prevalent in the Japanese shows than American version.

Beyond that, between the comics, games, and other new media like the Machinima Prime Wars cartoons, brand new characters are being introduced into the G1 mythos. This is an avenue with infinite potential. I'd also like to see them finally flesh out the 13 Primes and make legit toys for them.

There are indeed corners of the G1 universe, even within the confines of the original American cartoon, that have never been fully explored.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I want a better version of Inferno and Grapple. I was never a huge fan of their generations molds.

17. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Bumblebees everywhere.

Seriously, There hasn't been a Bee deluxe for a couple of series now, somewhere a bunch of Shareholders are frothing at the mouth at that.......think on that and despair the future.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind an actual throttlebot goldbug. I wasn't a huge fan of that one we got a few years ago.

Edit: It's not a deluxe. Never mind.

19. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Deluxe Bee.........

I'm actually happy the one that's coming is a Legend.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Besides wanting a new CHUG Ironhide & Ratchet mold (that would then be repainted into the E-Hobby Black Ironhide & Green Ratchet)

I'm still waiting for Hasbro to release just about every G1 character from the 84 to 91 lineup, I'd also take some more cartoon and comic only guys. Then and only then when I have a complete G1 collection using CHUG will I be done with CHUG... If of course they don't make more G2 CHUGs that is.

So yeah, keep tapping into that G1 Well, Hasbro!

• Like Like x 2