Fan Art: what inspires you?/ creative resource

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by captainnedloh, Oct 26, 2016.

1. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    What up!? Just making this thread because I want to know what gets you pumped to do what you do.
    What puts you in a good mood to work on transformers related things?
    What inspired you to make a certain drawing, video, fiction, etc?
    What particular fight scene from a certain game or movie gets you psyched?
    What music do you enjoy making things to?

This is just going to be a thread for you to share and discuss what makes you enjoy making things, or even just makes you want something to made. Anything goes and links are appreciated as long as it's not too out there.
    Anyway, I hope this goes well,
    Neduru.

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Sometimes I'll get an idea for something during the day, either while working, or at home, and decide to get to writing or drawing out what I have in mind.
    As for music, that changes constantly. I've mostly been listening to Swans lately.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I'm not doing commissions, my customs are usually inspired either when I buy a figure and see something else in it or because I want to challenge myself.
    Sometimes I just want to make a figure 'better', and want to give it a shot.
    Admittedly, most of my heavy scratch-builds are inspired more from boredom than anything else. If I'm bored at work, I start doodling and usually end up coming up with ideas on how to do specific joints or bashes and it just steamrolls from there.
    I think the worst part is that sometimes the creativity just 'leaves'. I won't feel like working on something for weeks, even when I have viable ideas and a project started. I'll just up and walk away from it. I may get back to it, but sometimes a piece can languish in the 'to do' pile for a LONG time, even if I've gotten back into the game and work on other stuff.
    Incidentally, I don't listen to music at all when I'm working. I usually prefer complete silence. It's probably the ONLY time I prefer silence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    (Didn't get the replies to these. Sorry)
    Just gonna start posting links to things I find cool and help me do what I do.

Okay this is gonna sound odd, but cheesy 80s music and model railroad dioramas at the same time for some reason get me pumped....

I feel yah on the losing interest thing. I think I have like seven things basically finished that I just cannot bring myself to finish. It's not like I'm lazy, I just find no enjoyment from doing them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  5. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    I would love to get into making fight scenes and have primarily watched the red vs blue freelancer arc a couple times because that's generally the feel I want to go for.

6. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Action figure photography is my thing. A lot of inspiration comes from the toy community on Instagram. Also whatever's going on at the time, be it upcoming Star Wars Rogue One, Halloween or what have you.

7. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Sweet. I see you do dioramas. Have you ever worked with N scale? (1/44 to 1/160)

8. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I do diorama builds but so far it's all been for Black Series scale and G.I.Joe scale. My next build is going to be a set of 2 that are like concrete ruins that sit atop my shelves to hold all my NECA Predators and Batman stuff. Sort of like podiums so all the figs have a good visible spot to be displayed

9. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Those sound amazing. It'd be great if you could put up pics or links. Maybe itll encourage someone else to do something like that.