What I'm hoping for in Season 2 *massive spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Snark, Oct 16, 2011.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Hear! Hear!

Tho I do wonder if they intend to have Orion help Megatron to change, become a different leader for the Decepticons..that would be another road they could travel down too. Not one that Megs will like, I'm sure. :D 

After seeing the preview clip with Orion getting his new 'tattoo', I think he'll still have the same beliefs which previously caused them to follow different paths.
    Orion was never stupid, perhaps a little naive..and full of curiosity, but he enventually saw thru Megs 'glorious' speeches and campaigns for an equally shared Cybertronian society which caused their split and dissolution of their friendship. He knew that Megs would bring a dictatorship into being and that was unacceptable..it would be again. Guess we'll see if TFP will follow the Exodus storyline or create one of their own.

Only time and a few episodes will tell us which way the TFP staff intend to go with Orion..and if he will return as Optimus Prime. This fan wants him to find his way back...but they can take a few twists and turns in the meantime to keep things interesting.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Same

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I also hope he doesn't gain his memory back, but rather re-learns how to be a Prime. Orion did it once before when he was renamed Optimus, he can do it again with different experiences.

4. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh-uh, Megatron will be more careful this time trying to put Orion on his side, well that is what I think
    So, my guess, he is going to lie to him and show him how -evil- are the Autobots, without making any suspects about the real nature of Decepticons
    until his cover is blow out...

5. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    You do realize that this series is doing more in the field of story telling than most transformer shows before it? Also I find you insult rather un-needed and show you have issues you need to work through, so before you insult random people on the internet, go work on your own issues.

To what I'd like to happen, Hasbro did state that this series would show "what it means to be a prime." I would love it Optimus last his memories permanently but after seeing the key to V.C. he realizes that his true side is the Autobots. Then over the course of the season learns again what it means to be a prime, which also refills the matrix and slowly returns fragments of his memories.

6. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You do know that when Optimus used the Matrix to put Unicron into stasis, he reverted back to Orion Pax, right? He is no longer Optimus Prime. He has no recollection of any of the events after he was bestowed the Matrix, because that's when he became Optimus Prime.

Simply put: Optimus Prime lost his memories, he's Orion Pax now. Megatron tricked him and now he's a Decepticon.

Also: his "floating fortress" is a ship.

7. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have issues giving an honest opinion about how people expect grandiose story telling from a children's television show and then you criticizing me for having a differing opinion that the masses. The same show that,up until the season finale, had been MacGuffin of the week. I like Transfomers Prime, dont' get me wrong, but obviously some fans are deluded to think it will be more than a simple change. While Beast Wars had intelligent writing it was no where near in comparison to what people "think" should happen. Honestly I think you attempt to make my opinion any less shows who truly has issues and maybe you should work on your own issues and I will leave it at that.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    He's saying that Optimus may be faking about losing his memory to infiltrate the Nemesis. Surely Optimus knew that Megatron would turn when Unicron was neutralized. It APPEARS that Optimus lost all his memories, but it could be a deception.

Also: "floating fortress" was used metaphorically, of course it's a ship.

EDIT:
    He didn't criticize you for having a differing opinion it was for you being so blatantly insulting and cynical with such a callous harshness. You sound like South Park's Stan in the episode "You're Getting Old".

9. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I did not say I had a problem with your opinion, you are granted to it. Think what you will. My problem was with you insulting other peoples opinions, if you read my post, you might have understood that. You basically said "You idea of what you want to happen are stupid and unfounded, he's my better more logical idea." You are the one criticizing other for having an opinion other than your own. Btw, I do have issues, and I admit that and deal with them every moment of my life.

10. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Ignore him, guys. It is obvious from the start that he wanted to start something with his post so just leave it be.

Anyway, I like to see how you guys think the interactions between Orion and the Decepticons will go?

11. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Too difficult to say, it all depends if Optimus really did lose his memories or if he's faking it.

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I like the idea of of him really losing his memories then having to learn "what it means to be a prime" again. then maybe regaining parts of his memories as the second season progresses. Then the Season 2 finale, he is back to 100% and can lead the Autobots again with a fresh take on the war. Cause in One shall Fall, he was basically Movie Prime for 10 minutes, but I want to see him actually believe that peace is possible again.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really doubt Prime is faking it. You can see the clueless/younger expression on his face ever since he released the matrix energy. And what would be the point of risking going with the Decepticons instead of joining back with the Autobots when they were done?

It would just bring back the issue of the matrix having no consequence. Plus they're making too much of a big deal out of it with that comic con teaser for him just to be faking.

14. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    A good liar shows no signs of deception. A potential point would be knowing that Megatron would try to back stab him, Optimus would be too weak to defend himself right away, just fake like his memories were lost (this probably took a lot of planning), and hope that Megatron would try to use it in his favor.

Once onboard the Nemesis, he tries to befriend a few Decepticons, maybe stir up some of those who aren't so confident in Megatron, start an uprising. It would be a great distraction and a good blow to their command structure as well as a distraction while he sabotage's the ship.

The teaser for the fans could also be a part of the surprise. It certainly made many of us think that he's truly lost his memory, it is likely that it's made the Decepticons think that as well.

For myself: if Optimus is faking, I hope he is able to do some serious damage to the Decepticon campaign. If not, I hope he will grow into a strong leader once again, maybe not the same Optimus that we've known throughout season one, but still a strong, effective, and considerate leader to the Autobots.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still not really convinced. I guess it could be a possibility but I don't really see it happening. If they do that they would drop the ball big time for some good storytelling and interactions Transformers never really had before.

16. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    There are so many interesting things that could be done with an amnesiac Optimus. This is essentially a 'rebirth' for Optimus. He has been reverted mentally back to a much younger state of mind. It's a chance for him to start over again. Could and would he relearn everything he has lost?

My feeling is that it will not take long before Optimus begins to develop reservations about joining the Decepticons and doubts about 'Megatronus'. If the 'bots and humans don't find a way to restore his memories, I am sure he will naturally fall out with Megatron and the Decepticons eventually.

I suspect that the key to Vector Sigma might play an important part in restoring Optimus' memories. It had to have been introduced for a reason. Maybe Jack and the others will travel to Cybertron somehow in search of Vector Sigma with the hope that it can bring Optimus back to them. It'd be cool if they encountered Alpha Trion on Cybertron too, who could tell them more about Vector Sigma.

If Optimus' is to regain memories somehow, an idea I had was what if he couldn't get his 'own' memories back? What if the best that could be done to restore him was to give him someone else's memories of himself or to simply download into him knowledge of his life? One of the Autobots could volunteer to link him/herself to Optimus via cortical psychic patch and share his/her memories with him. So he'd know what he'd done before and details about his life and the war, but he'd only know these things from another's point of view or as unfamiliar facts essentially. The consequences of this might be that he holds a detached view of himself and his former life and still struggles to be what he once was. So psychologically and emotionally, he'd still have to relearn how to become the leader he used to be. This would be a way to bring back Optimus, but he would not be exactly as he was before. He'd be unsure of himself and have more uncertainties and fear.

Another idea i had was about Optimus, or rather Orion, being unwilling to regain his former memories when the Autobots try to give them back to him. Orion, horrified and afraid of what he hears about Optimus Prime and his involvement in an ongoing war, realises that his memories would be a terrible burden and refuses to become him again. Do the Autobots force him to take back his memories against his will? It might turn out later that Orion finally agrees to have his memories restored when he sees the danger of the Decepticons and realises that Optimus Prime is needed to protect others from them.

If there is no way early in season 2 to restore Optimus' memories and he remains Orion, then he could join the Autobots after he realises the Decepticons are evil and the Autobot cause just, but he would only be able to act as a soldier, leaving another Autobot in command. Without his memories he cannot be the Autobot leader again. In later episodes, he could slowly begin to remember things or he may finally regain his memories somehow.

Something severe that Orion could do whilst he is with the Decepticons could be to lead the 'cons to the Autobot base. The Autobots, determined to get Optimus back from the Decepticons, would 'kidnap' him from them and bring him back to base. Orion/Optimus then could find a way to reveal the location of the 'enemy' Autobot base to the Decepticons. The Autobots would then have to permanently abandon their base when they realise it is no longer safe and find a new one.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would he be faking it? He doesn't laugh at jokes and has been pretty serious the entire show from start to finish.

He released the power of the Matrix of Leadership, which is comprised of the wisdom of the Primes. Optimus being a Prime himself would have surrendered himself as well when he unleashed the power, which is why he's Orion Pax again—he still has the makings to make him who he came to be, as Orion is at the heart of Optimus, however.

18. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Why would it be a joke? And I'm going to guess you didn't read this:

Now for:
    Yes, that is what they directly showed us on-screen. And of course everything shown is only worth face-value. Like Sentinel Prime was a great hope and ally for the Autobots to help stop Megatron in Dark of the Moon.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never said it was a joke. I said Optimus doesn’t laugh at jokes. And I did read your previous post.

I just don’t see why Optimus would fake anything. Even if he was faking it, why would he continue to fake it when he and the Autobots had Megatron outnumbered? While I can see the value of faking/stalling while weakened from his attack on Unicron, I fail to see why he would continue to do so when backup arrived.
    Optimus also dodged Jack’s question when asked directly what would happen to him when he unleashed the power of the Matrix. He knew he would lose himself, but Optimus being a Prime, put the well-being of others far above that of himself, and to top it off, he made sure the Autobots had the means to make create life again when/if the opportunity presented itself.

20. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I want to marry your brain.