What if Transformers was part of Marvel Comics today?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, May 23, 2018.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I have a question ?What if Transformers G1 was still part of Marvel comics until today ?

Will the likes of Optimus Prime ,Megatron ,Unicorn etc appear or crossover in Marvel the Avengers movie X- Men movie or Marvel Agents of Shield tv series etc ?

Spiderman appears in Transformers issue 3 Marvel comics US edition ,am I right?

Is IDW Publishing comics brought the right of Transformers G1 from Marvel comics ?

Thanks .

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    No, they would be probably put into their own universe as Transformers could be seen as a competitor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

In the original marvel comics, spidey appeared in us issue 3, that's right. But when they decided to expand the mini series into a full run, they moved them into their own universe as they thought these warring alien robots would be too distruptive on the rest of the marvel universe.

If they were in there today, i see it going one of two ways. Either in their own verse again, or a very small team of each side on earth to keep destruction minimal and the rest of the series set in space. So maybe run into the guardians of the galaxy, or silver surfer. For the mcu, I'd see them doing the small teams thing. I'd like to see the mcu spidey interact with a tf. He'd act probably like we would. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And the Marvel super-heroes would be too disruptive to the Transformers story. Take note, IDW.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

This is a very good point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Didn't they make a 4-issue mini-series that crossed over the two? And it was total ass?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Unicron gets the Infinity Gauntlet after eating Thanos and Adam Warlock, and he lays waste to the Avengers, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and even Galactus.

But then Squirrel Girl beats him.

• Like Like x 7
  8. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

Anodes everywhere and muh representation. I might not be very on top of things as far as current Marvel but my pal says it's going downhill.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a shame because they looks great together.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu City Commander

Most likely, they would do what they did to properties like Malibu Comics...hide them away forever!

Or, ruin them like they are with their main properties now. Fresh Start my left cheek.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Generation Zero

yes it is actually most comics in general including IDW

• Like Like x 2
  12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Publishing rights are very different from film rights. That's why Fox and Sony were able to keep the film rights to certain characters they had before Disney bought out Marvel. They are still very much Marvel characters despite what a lot of people think they just aren't Disney characters until they can get the film rights.

Hasbro owns the Transformers Brand so it is possible for Transformers to still go to Paramount even if Marvel had the publishing rights for the comics. With Transformers at Paramount they'd never crossover with any of the Marvel movies.

Even if Disney could get the film rights for Transformers I seriously doubt we'd ever see them on Marvel Agents of SHIELD due to budget limitations. Notice how there is no live action Transformers TV series, it's because the budget won't allow for that to happen. Though they have had some CGI, very limited amounts so maybe if it was a one time thing they might be able to fit a couple robots into an episode.

13. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    If Marvel were doing Transformers comics today:

- The series would run for eight issues before being shut down for whatever big event Marvel decide to force onto all of their titles. The event will promise to "change everything and shake the universe to its core." When all is said and done nothing will have changed for the Transformers characters.

- Following the conclusion of said event, Transformers will be relaunched with a new #1.

- Issue 4 of the relaunched series will not be labeled as #4 on the cover, instead it will be branded as issue #X-celsior! as part of some gimmick Marvel are pushing on all their titles that month.
    Collectors who catalogue their collections by spreadsheet will go bananas trying to figure out how to insert issue #X-celsior! between issues 3 and 4.
    Readers of Comic Shop News will submit their grievances over the nonsense numbering fiasco to CSN's annual Red K awards, winning the issue an "X-celsior! is not a number" award.

- Straxus' spark will take over Optimus Prime's body in an effort to lead the Autobots to their demise, but when Straxus is overcome by the positive influence of the Autobot Matrix of Leadership he will instead decide to be a better Optimus than Optimus ever was.
    Fans will thrill to the misadventures of the Optimal Optimus and will be assured that this will be the new status quo... until the month a new movie is released in cinemas. As soon as there is a new movie to promote Transformers will jolt back to classic Autobots vs. Deceptions and the real Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, effectively scrapping the entire Optimal Optimus run for the sake of brand synergy.

- After reaching the milestone issue 25 Transformers will reboot with a new #1 under the title All-New, All-Different Transformers.
    Contrary to the title, the book will neither be new nor different, it will be a new story arc continuing on from where #25 left off, but Marvel won't care because they got to goose up the sales of issue #26 by labeling it as issue #1.

- Somebody at Marvel will count up all the previously published issues from every reboot and relaunch and realise they all add up to an important number, so all of a sudden Transformers will jump from issue #26 to issue #100 because "legacy numbering" is a thing now.

Man, I think I need to take a break from mainstream comics for a while.

~L~

• Like Like x 4
  14. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Yours, General Cartman E. Lee

Ebay:
    Everything you said is true. And it's why I'd rather read comics from the 70's and 80's.

If it wasn't for the Marvel movies, they woild have gone out of business by now. They can't do comic books to save their saves.

Because they suck at it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Is the same thing asking if the joes was part of Marvel comics today.

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

TBH, a lot of IDW recent fumbles came from them trying to handle their properties the Big Two way without realisation that their reader base isn't the same.

• Like Like x 1