What if this is the end of the line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Dec 31, 2018.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With BB not going so strong in it's second weekend, do you think Paramount will immediately scrapped all future Transformers movie until 5 years or more.

And if that's happened, what will happen to this section of the board in those 5 years?

2. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    X to doubt*

• Like Like x 3
  3. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Why?

4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bee is at 95% of the box office from last week which is a solid second week so no, I don't Paramount will be scrapping anything. Now, let's say Bumblebee does fail, then I say they probably won't be making another Transformers film for a good 5 years or so. There's no point investing in a franchise that has brought about 2 flops in a row and especially when Paramount has other valuable Hasbro franchises to play with in the coming years: Dungeon and Dragons, GI Joe, Micronauts, and whatever else lies with Hasbro.

• Like Like x 5
  5. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Source?

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  7. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Temenos

Temenos The Touch

News Credits:
    Transformers won't be out of action for long. Hasbro won't be too happy if they don't have movie stuff to sell.

9. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    They probably move to different studio to brought back Transformers with a whole new team

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eleven years and six films with no reboot and largely the same creative team is an impressive showing for any franchise. I can't think of any other franchise with that much content in that short of a time span. If this is the "end," there will be a new "beginning" before too long. I'm not convinced it will take five years to see it either.

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To answer your question; IF it is the end, which I don’t think it is, but IF it is?

Then we got a couple genuinely awesome movies out of it. Had some good fun, even with the garbage sequels, still had a lot of laughs & was entertained (TLK was worth it for some of the hilarious reviews it generated).

So yeah. There you go.

12. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We shall scatter across the galaxy, hoping to find a new executive producer and fix this franchise...

• Like Like x 11
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If Bumblebee doesn't hit the $400 million mark (to make a 100% return on investment I think it's closer to $350 million, but Bumblebee has to do better than that to prove Transformers is still a viable franchise and right now the numbers are not looking good), then the current incarnation will be shelved.

It remains to be seen if Paramount will even try any more Hasbro properties if Bumblebee fails, because at the end of the day it's Hasbro's call and they were not happy with how Paramount handled AoE and TLK.

It'll be deleted. At least, that's how things used to run around TFW2005 since the Animated subforum got nuked not long after that show ended.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Bumblebee could have crashed and burned at the box office and it wouldn't be the end because Paramount just doesn't have a lot of pop culture names to fall back on and the general public seems okay with a quick reboot as long as you can market it as being different.

At this point Bumblebee could fall in that weird area of good enough to not be a failure but not good enough to go forward without change.

Plus we don't know if Paramount still has any plans to unite the various Hasbro brands into a Hasbro-verse to go up against all those superhero universes that are still popular.

I guess I'm saying the future isn't clear but there will be some sort of future for live action Transformers even if it isn't in the current form. But hey if G1 had ran forever we never would have gotten Beast Wars so change isn't always a bad thing.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I can NOT imagine that the shareholders would be of the same opinion. TLK lost Paramount an insane amount of cash and Bumblebee was only even allowed to continue because pre-production was already complete - had Hasbro decided not to provide the cash HuaHua Media originally was, Bumblebee would have been dead in the water.

Paramount would be insane if they think trying to kickstart the Hasbroverse is a good idea anymore. Disney, the only ones with a working cinematic universe with Marvel, managed to fuck up their own formula in Star Wars, and every other cinematic universe I know of failed miserably (granted, the only other 'vese I can recall is Universal's aborted Dark Universe).

That's the irony with the films - for over a decade, the film supporters have blasted people who don't like the films as being against change, but god help you if you suggest that the people who are dedicated to films have to practice what they preach and accept that they would have to endure change through losing their beloved franchise incarnation. Look at how many people left the forums simply because Bumblebee did a style dynamic alteration and was potentially a total reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    remember, toy sales are part of the bottom line for a transformers movie. Unlike most other films and franchises (I think Star Wars is one of the only few others that they take toy sales into account for the success of the movie) if the toys are successful, they will "forgive" a little if the movie doesn't make 200% over of what the budget was. TLK's toys were so mishandled that which caused bad sales and didn't add to the profit as much as they wanted it to and if anything, they lost money. They are being very conservative with the Bee toys and a lot of them are under the studio series line. so that may help justify another movie.

17. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll get Bumblebee Redux: Bay where every joke is racist, Cena is lusting after Hailee, the neighbour says "yessir I be liking the rawhbot sir" and Bee becomes a simple but friendly pet to the decepticons, and can't help peeing on them.

Oh, and it's set in China for the last 20 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, at least it’ll go out on a high note.

Yet it’s actually back as a sub forum in the cartoon forum.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There's a lot to consider here. First off, Bumblebee's reviews were tremendous. Secondly, it's faring decently against very strong competition. And it has not opened in several key markets yet.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    It is?

How the fuck have I not seen that yet?