What if Megatron was left behind in the movie 1986?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Dec 4, 2015.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I have a question ,what if Soundwave ignore Megatron word "Don't leave me Soundwave" in the Movie 1986 and left with Megatron left behind in Autobot city?

Soundwave said:Sorry Megatron ,your injury is beyond repair,you died soon ,

Megatron said:Soundwave..........

Will Megatron get torture by Autobots like Hot Rod who witness his shot which killed Optimus Prime?

Who will become Galvatron if Starscream throw Thundercracker ,Skywarp and Insecticons in the movie?

Thanks.

2. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Autobots will just put Megatron in whatever Autobot jail they have.

Megatron breaks out 1-2 episodes later.

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

The Autobots would probably hold him...until all the other dead Decepticons that Starscream tossed out of Astrotrain are snatched up and reformatted by Unicron, who'd send them back to Earth to grab Megatron during the second attack on Autobot City and bring him before Unicron so that he can also be reformatted as Galvatron, Unicron's blunt instrument/herald/whatever.

4. Reask

Reask Predacon

The Autobots would no doubt execute Megatron, especially after seeing Prime die. Some of the Autobots would object to it seeing it as something that would be against their beliefs, but Kup and maybe Magnus would see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity they can't just let go. He's wounded beyond any normal repair, what use is he as a prisoner when his army abandoned him?

Then Starscream would reign as Decepticon leader... for a few days before the Autobots win the war. Any renegade Decepticons after Starscream's failed leadership would fall under the command of another powerful Decepticon, but it wouldn't be an army, they would just be fugitives and scavengers, even if their new leader would be Scorponok, Overlord or Deathsaurus later on, another Decepticon uprising against the Autobots would be short lived.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    perfectly said

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Megatron would've been put in an Autobot prison, and the war would've basically have been over with Starscream as leader of the Decepticons. The only hope for the Decepticons would've been that a group of them would've united against Starscream, and they somehow freed Megatron.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Megatron will be too 'broken' to do so. He was virtually motionless when Unicron found him and I think, the absence of gravity afforded him movement.

I think if he could move normally, he would have resisted when SS threw him from Astrotrain.

Thats a pretty good alternate twist to the animated movie. Pretty cool!

Pretty bleak...just like in the FFOD when the Decepticons struggled after the events in the movie.

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    That is dark bro.

It seems a lot have forgotten that Unicron is out there gobbling up planets like no one's business. But even if that theory did happen we still have those loyal tailpipe kissers like Soundwave who would never leave their leader behind and no doubt overrule Starscream's orders to leave the wounded, or just Megatron, behind.

9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting topic and I like the answers so far. I would agree with all of them. Either Megs would break out, or he would be executed. If he were executed, the Decepticons would eventually be defeated. Unicron may send out his soldiers to retrieve him. A secret faction of 'Cons could try to overthrow Starscream and may or may not succeed. He maybe have been rescued by the 'Cons.

If you want things to get really bleak, you could have Megs survive a fake Autobot execution, become secret adviser to whatever Autobot leader is in charge and covertly turns the Autobots into fascists who take over earth and enslave humans and Decepticons. How do you accomplish all of this? You can have Megs convince Ultra Magnus that the only way to survive Unicron is by uniting all Cybertronians by any means necessary and that he's the only one that can teach him how to accomplish this. UM slowly starts compromising his moral code and becoming corrupted but actually succeeds in uniting the Cybertronians and defeating Unicron (through torture, secret prisons, executions, blackmail, covert surveillance, secret police, betrayals). Megs eventually blackmails UM ("I know everything you've done"), takes on a new identity, exposes UM, gets him executed and takes over. And the circle is complete. Prime remains dead. Hot Rod never ascends, becomes a rebel, dies. Kup, Springer and Arcee go into hiding. Grimlock and the Dinobots go out in a blaze of glory but are brutally tortured and killed in the end. The Matrix gets lost. When the Headmasters return to Cybertron I don't know what happens at that point. Maybe they expose all the dirty Autobots and clean house. I ran out of fanfic juice. Lol.

I originally thought this thread was about "What if Megatron was left behind on Cybertron during More then Meets the Eye and Shockwave had taken his place on the trip to earth?" In that scenario maybe Shocky defeats the Autobots by season 1.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Does Unicron NEED to be in close proximity to reformat Megatron?

11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think autobots would execute anyone......

12. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    This is an interesting question. Of the numerous possible "What If" scenarios in TFTM, this is one I've surprisingly never considered.

I assume Megatron would have survived his injuries since they bothered taking him in the first place. Had Astrotrain not had to "jettison some weight", he would have arrived back on Cybertron and been repaired.

So let's say for this scenario that Megatron's vocal processor also happened to be damaged. So when he tried to say "Don't leave me, Soundwave." The "don't" was gargled and Soundwave just heard "Leave me, Soundwave." And he regretfully obeyed, left his leader, assuming he would die shortly.

I don't think the Autobots would have executed Megatron. For one thing, it's not a very heroic thing to do. Megatron would have been repaired, disarmed, and imprisoned awaiting trail at the very least. Plus, Megatron is an incredibly valuable source of information. Remember, the Autobots were losing this war at the time. Getting the codes to the Decepticon headquarters, locations of Energon caches, stuff like that would have been of high interest to the Autobots. And I don't think the Autobots would have tortured the data out of him either. Maximals don't torture, and by extension, I don't think Autobots would either.

Megatron may have given up information willingly either out of spite for being betrayed by his Decepticons or in exchange for a lesser sentence. Soundwave, his most loyal subject, leaving him for dead, that's gotta mess with him and make him rethink who he can trust.

If Astrotrain still had to "jettison some weight", that leaves 5 Decepticons to be turned into minions of Unicron. If one of them wasn't turned into Galvatron or equivalent, I guess Unicron would have sent them to bring back someone to be their leader/Unicron's Herald. Remember, the Decepticons assumed Megatron dead. So that leaves Starscream, the Decepticons new leader, as the ideal candidate. They would have crashed Screamers coronation, kidnapped him and taken him to Unicron to be turned into...Galvascream(?).

Who knows, maybe Starscream didn't even win the leadership. Losing Megatron could have pushed Soundwave to fight extra hard and gain leadership. Leaving Starscream to ejected into space in Megatrons place and left floating in space. Or maybe Starscream throws a fit after losing and flies off into space to pout and comes across Unicron's boys. Either way, he becomes Galvascream.

When Autobot City is attacked again, I see the movie mirroring IDW. Needing all the help they can get, the Autobots release Megatron to help them fight. With precautions in place of course.

And from here the story plays out much the same until the end with Megatron and Hot Rod vs Galvascream. Perhaps Galvascream has Hot Rod at his mercy and is about to execute him when he offers Megatron the chance to rejoin the Decepticons, but under his leadership. Megatron briefly contemplates, before firing on Galvascream. Either because he'd rather be an Autobot than be Starscream/Galvascream's underling or because he was touched by Autobot kindness, blah, blah, Care Bears, blah, blah, mush.

It would ironically mirror the final battle between Optimus and Megatron. With Megatron saving the next Prime after just killing the previous one. Plus, he'd probably shout "NEVER!" just as Optimus did before he decked him. It would also give more significance to the completion of the prophesy at the ending with "Till All Are One" meaning Megatron, their former enemy, becoming one of the Autobots.

13. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    My Childhood self would have wanted him pulled apart by petrorabbits for what He did to Ironhide.

But as said above, prison, repair, busted out by whatever loser needed him that episode, all back to normal by mid-season.

The thing about the Millions of Years at war that really got at me in the film was what the hell was Unicron doing for all those Eons? How come he decided to go look for Cybertron right then?

Nobody needs to tell me it was just cartoon-plotting, but even so........

14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Anything is possible in fiction BUT didn't Unicron swallow Megs and reformat him inside? It seems like its a requirement. I think it would be an interesting twist to have Cyclonus and the sweeps reclaim Megs from the Autobots for Unicron.

Is the Unicron reformatting process a voluntary thing? I forget if he actually asked Megs if he wanted to be reformatted or if he just forced him through the process. Unicron certainly didn't get consent from the rest of the reformatted 'Cons but they were dead or comatose.

Maybe not the G1 Sunbow Autobots but outside of that canon I think some Autobots would feel justified with it. Kup, Prowl, Grimlock, Springer come to mind for likely being for it.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron probably would spend the rest of his days in an Autobot prison cell. I have a feeling they'd patch him up at the least because the Sunbow Autobots were never cruel.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I'm reminded of Dreamwave and Cyclonus and Scourge existing already and independent of Seekers and Insecticons.

17. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Springer just might have finagled his way into Megatron's cell for a little payback. He's about the only Movie Autobot edgy enough for that sort of thing.

18. Darkstream

Darkstream Banned

Ultra Magnus would have him executed for his crimes.

I have a similar question, say Astrotrain wouldn't have been capable for take off, what would have happened? Would the Autobots been able to finish off the rest of the Decepticons? Maybe both sides would call for a truce?

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So the Decepticons flee, leaving the badly injured Megatron behind? He is bought into the Autobot infirmary along with the critically injured Optimus Prime... but alas, Primes wounds are fatal.

But now Perceptor can repair him with parts from a robot of roughly equal power and vintage (1984) as Prime... Megatron! Thus Megatron is given a choice, execution or being merged with Optimus to save his life!

Rather than face certain death Megatron accepts Perceptors offer and once merged becomes... Megaoptimus Primetron! Who then unites the Autobots and Decepticons, leads them against Unicrons thralls and ultimately defeats Unicron by opening the Matrix to 1980's power rock!

20. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Interesting how there are so many different outcomes for Megatron here yet everyone seems to agree Starscream would lose the war shortly after regaining leadership regardless of whether or not he is reformated/upgraded by Unicron.

I mean we all know he is incompetent but assuming Unicron never attacks Cybertron and eliminates the Deception presence the Autobots couldn't remove for 4 million + years, do you all really think he is that bad of a leader to squander those resources and still lose the war in under a week?

To me it seems more likely that either Shockwave or Soundwave would get rid of him before then.