What if its all our fault?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, May 14, 2009.

1. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I hate damn G1ers

2. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

Yea I had quite the little rant there. But really only Hasbro knows what caused the downfall of Animated. If it was them, us, Cartoon Network, the economy, a combination of all these. The next step would be to ask them directly what made them can Transformers: Animated.

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

And that is precisely why the fandom is divided. Silly shit statements and sentiment such as this.

You disagree? Fine.

You don't even respect their opinion? Fine.

Hating them for it, when you're not even sure they caused a problem? WRONG.

Animated and ROTF helped polarize the fandom into two camps basically and it's bad enough as is. Now you make statements like that and it not only makes the divide bigger, but the animosity grows, and it could grow out of control.

A post like this one is nothing but flamebait and stems from trollish behavior. All it accomplishes is more negatives and gives Hasbro the wrong impression about us.

We're not all hatemongerers simply because we have a differing opinion. It just doesn't show too often and we all suffer because of it.

4. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

And ^this is why it's not the fault of the fanbase, because the fanbase can barely agree to even tolerate itself, let alone agree on hating something with enough passion to get the higher ups at Hasbro to listen.

The recent article in Esquire Why Transformers is Nerd-Proof makes my point for me.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well both Animated-purists and Geewunners can sod off then. Us movie lovers are catching shit from BOTH ends because apparently the line we like is SO top-selling that nobody else matters.

HELL YEAH NUMBER 1.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    No.

7. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

been working to save it... clearly i can't take credit for the fact they want to cancel it. (take my advice, bitch hasbro and CN out on their feedback boards. Someone is listening because the 90's cartoons came back for 3 weeks when we banned together last time. petitions don't work. intellectual thought and going to the source does.)

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'm an Animated-purist, but I feel no need to attack movie fans for Hasbro's clearly shitty tactics.

And those who would give you shit, need a good knock in the mouth.

9. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

You're comment made me laugh, because it highlights how futile it is to even have a civil discussion about Transformers. I've been involved or on the sidelines of a lot of 'nerd-battles', but TF fans win at hating each other as much as they hate any other property.

Even the D&D edition war guys are more tolerant.

Enjoy the movie, you dick :) 

10. CarafelliusMaximus

I'm definitely a G1 purist, but I'm open to new things and I like seeing different takes on classic characters. This is why I like animated, it brings back a lot of G1 but no series is left untouched by it which is awesome. I have my reasons for not liking the movie but I won't attack someone who does because they do. If there's a discussion I'll for sure say why I feel the way I do but I'll respect others opinions. It's the flamewars and so forth that made me lurk for as long as I have. I've finally gotten enough of standing by that I want to be active and am expecting hate mail and flames for my opinions.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You know this dicusion og who's to blame wouldn't happen if RotF came out next year whicj would've greenlit another season as well as a DTV.

12. CarafelliusMaximus

Very good point AniProwl. This wouldn't have happened if not for the sequel.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even Hypothetically, I have trouble believing the fans have that much of an impact. However, if one assumes the fans have a strong influence on Transformers lines and cartoons, we have a history of getting what we want in the wrong way.

Beast Wars - some complain about the occasional "Looney Tunes" humor, and want vehicles back. Enter Beast Machines, the grimmer, darker, controversial chapter - with Vehicons.

Armada - there were a number of complaints, but the lackluster and inconsistent animation was a big one. Enter Energon, with its consistently better drawn animation, with robots done in consistently stiff CGI. Also the animation budget may have cut into the writing budget.

Cybertron - OK that one wasn't too bad, but we're getting sick of anime and stiff-ass CGI (not by Mainframe) robots. We want something western-written and animated in glorious 2D! Enter Animated, hailed as either the best thing or worst thing to EVER happen to Transformers, depending on who you ask. :) 

The Movie - Oh, the complaints, the bitching, the amazing amount of bitching early on. We may have to wait until ROTF drops to say if anyone listened to anyone. I don't remember a lot of people clamoring for more robots with no legs or goofy gold-tooth faces though. :) 

14. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Well, I like the new take in the Movie. I mean, each transformer is so uniquely transform that even non-TF Fans get to like it. I love how the Movie transformers look, but some are overdone like Ironhide's legs for example. And seriously I wasn't expecting to see the Hill-Billy twins: Mudflap and Skids. The face design and probably their weird personality might ruin things, but if you like at the rest of their bodies, the designs are actually pretty neat. :) 

But best of all, Sideswipe looks so awesome in the movie! In the previous movie, Bumblebee had the best design except for the head. So now in ROTF Sideswipe is the new BB IMO.

I think why there was so much b****ing is because most TF Fans wanted their fav characters appearing as how they were in G1 and other TF series. The only TF series I have watched is Animated, so I don't know how awesome these TFs could have actually been in the past, which is why I don't fully understand why many would hate the movie.

If you were to think about our Non-TF people in reality, what made them draw towards the movie? Revolutionary designs. Cool transformations like never before. Bad-ass looking good guys, which has not been in TF history thus far. So what made them not like TF in the first place? Cartoonish. Too humanoid looking (G1). Designs not up to scratch for them. I think these factors play a role in what's happening to Animated.

Another question I'd like to mention is: Why are there so many bitching and complaints anyway? If you don't like something, then just ignore it. Probably whoever made a very big huh-hah and others followed after him is driving this situation mad, and now Animated may go downhill while Movie will go.. well, I don't know it depends on the movie. What I believe we should just do is quite complaining and speculating and just think positive outcomes for Animated. :) 

If I ever offended anyone, I would like to say that I didn't mean it..

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    :lol 

16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:

I want to find a way to create a child with you. Thank you for posting the most well thought out, CORRECT, and business-minded post I have seen in the last 5 years.

17. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    mods trolling mods? logical arguments?
    i call shenanigans
    EVERYONE GET YOUR BROOMS

18. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....My interest in Transformers only grew after watching animated. I've seen the G1 eps, the movies, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, UT only out of curiosity and maybe to just pass the time. But none of those, even the movie made me a fan other than Transformers Animated.

19. CarafelliusMaximus

Ok, this is an excellent example of an opinion post. This is the sort of stuff we need to see more often. I personally don't like the movie, but you do and you've said why. No bashing or anything you just gave your reasons. I have a lot of respect for you for that.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And didn't CN treat every CN show ever like crap? HASBRO was probably tired of having their new toy with only 600 kids watching.