What if Ironhide and Ratchet were never created?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The 1984 toys don’t have heads due to them being piloted mecha before Transformers. So what if Hasbro said that they couldn’t use those molds for that reason. No, there wouldn’t have been red van and ambulance characters in the cartoon either, because they were only in there because of their toys.

I think they would have been replaced by two of the Diaclone Trailbreaker / Hoist recolours.
    D22CF8BF-BD76-4A8A-A53E-7140BA7B5A31.jpeg 12FFCFFC-FBE4-42CC-8CD8-875B3028B511.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's an interesting question. I think there would be pretty far-reaching ramifications. Ratchet serves an important role, as the crew's medic, and his ambulance mode makes him immediately identifiable as such. If the vans were off the table, Hasbro may have taken the New Countach Police Car and given it an ambulance deco instead of the fire chief deco we actually got it in, or as you suggest they might have given one of the 4WD Wrecker Types an ambulance deco.

Had they given us a Countach Ratchet, we probably would not have gotten the Red Alert character. A Hilux Ratchet means we likely wouldn't have gotten the Hoist character. Hasbro's assortment choices suggest they wanted to give us variety (changing the Countach Police Car to a fire chief deco since they already had a police car), so I don't think they would have given us a second tow truck.

I agree the Ironhide character would likely have been another 4WD Hilux, possibly the Trailbreaker character would have been entirely omitted, again to avoid giving us two of the exact same toy. Perhaps the alternate tooling on the Lancia Stratos and/or the Honda City would have made it over (both having unique heads that were not used in the vintage G1 line).

3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Requirem for a dream

News Credits:
    I think they simply wouldn't exist.