What If Humans Were Never a Part of The TFU?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundwaver, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

I deleted my second question because now I understand why the people don't complain about the girl cars in Cars.

Would Transformers been better without them or just the same? Other thoughts are:

What if the orgin of our fight giant robots were never explain?

I'm not for sure if the franchise would have last very long. Then again I could be wrong.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    In-universe? If Earth were unpopulated in the G1 cartoon, I don't think the overall story would have progressed much differently. Generally the Transformers are the driving force of the story, and it's their skills, tech, and knowledge that ends the war.

The only exception might be the movieverse, where the humans are pretty interval. If there were no humans, Megatron and the Allspark might have stayed frozen forever, and the Autobots (besides Bee) might have never landed on Earth at all (considering there would be no glasses with the Allspark's coordinates). Assuming Megatron did reawaken, there would be no Sam to destroy the cube, meaning he'd likely have won the war.

Out of universe? Well, I'd argue the franchise would be pretty boring. Without humans the disguise aspect (the thing the brand is known for) would be lost. It would essentially be Bionicles or any other giant robot franchise. It might be cool, but I'd argue the disguise gimmick makes the brand stand out more than other franchises about robots fighting.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I think humans gave the show relevancy to us as the Autobots are fighting to protect us and our earth. Also, we can identify with them and give moments of humor (like OP playing basketball). That being said once have got a liking for the story and the Transformers themselves there are fewer needs for humans.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell I gave you power

In the G1 cartoon, it would suck a lot. There would be no transforming and basically just 24 mins of robots punching each other.
    In the Comics, It could work at least in IDW, since that isn't a kid toy commercial and has meaningful things in it.
    In any other animated or movie medium, it wouldn't work because again, they want to sell toys and kids need a character to identify with.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Humans are often overused and protected by the "relatable" tag because people lack imagination and writers aren't capable of writing engaging stories about alien lifeforms.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ure overcomplicating.
    20year olds today have appreciation for character design, but dont understand script
    Character design alone is great for videogames - sreet fighter 2 but in comics it also needs a story. But every 20 year old in town wants a bot to identify with in some rear panel
    Sometimes i wonder if they even read the story after that.

7. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

Transformers might be from Cybertron, but the story revolves mainly about Earth.
    So, no matter how irritating some times the humans are, it is quite necessary to include a human character. However, if there was a show without any humans at all, then it would be an awesome show to watch instead of being confined on Earth.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Cyberverse has no humans in it. And the latest episode has the cast travel to Velocitron. It may be rather dumbed-down for the kiddies, but it's still a decent watch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No better or worse. G1 proved there can be great stories with humans and Beast Wars proved you can have great stories without.
    They'd probably just exist much the way they did in Sunbow's continuity: background characters with occasional spots in the limelight.

There's never been much complaining about fembots as a concept. The larger complaints fall into what kind of role they take within the franchise. Bob was the one who stated that Transformers should have no gender - yet, he wrote all the bios with male pronouns. And with Sunbow showcasing a few fembots early on, Bob was arguing for a losing cause.

I prefer there to be many origins - but never one that all the Cybertronians can agree on. It's better to have Primus, The Allspark, Vector Sigma, The Oracle etc. all be artifacts of ancient Cybertron but never reveal the actual truth.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

I thought that Bob made them genderless because Hasbro said no to girlbots. You can't have male without female, so Bob made them genderless. Also I always thought it was Simion who complain about them and not Bob.

11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No, it was Bob, IIRC. He was the one writing the bios and the comics.

And Hasbro only said no to making girlbot toys because they thought most boys wouldn't buy pink robots. That's also probably true. The only girl boy toy Hasbro produced who wore pink int he 80's was the punk Dreadnok Zartanna.

12. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

I didn't really watch Cyberverse, so thanks for the spoiler.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    The episode description said exactly what I said. Actually, it probably gave more away than me. Actually take a minute to verify that I’m spoiling. Otherwise, I would have put in a spoiler bar.

14. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not having humans would've been incredibly stupid considering the whole toyline is about alien robots turning into vehicles made for humans.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:

This right here. If there were no humans to interact with, there'd be no reason for disguise. It'd basically be Starriors.

16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Humans are a central part of TF lore, without them Transformers would just be Transformers: Robots

17. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on how you look it , humans were fine in G1 because fir the most part they were props, versus the Bay movies where the Transformers were the props. I don't have a problem with human interaction, my issue is when the humans are made significant or primary protagonist.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

You're right about that. Also thanks for introducing me to Starriors.

19. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    According to BW Megatron, humans were essential in helping the Autobot defeat the Decepticons.
    (see Code of Hero)

As far as female transformers, I don't think it would have made a difference. Did you know Ratchet was originally written as female? That's where she/he got her/his name too. Inspired by Nurse Ratched from the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
    Ratchet (G1) - Transformers Wiki

20. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Ratchet is refer to as a she on here.
    Joustra Diaclone Ambulance (Ratchet)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.