What if Hastak put a stop to 3rd partys would you stop collecting transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Sep 15, 2019.

?

What if Hastak put a stop to 3rd partys would you stop collecting tf's?

1. yes

116 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. no

136 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. unsure

29 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. i won't stop but will slow my collecting down to a snails pace

120 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm primarily a Legends-scale guy. There's nothing for me from first party in that regard. I don't buy MP, I don't buy Studio Series, and I have all of one Siege toy. I wouldn't completely stop caring or paying attention to the brand, but I wouldn't be buying much anymore.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

I've always wanted 80's g1 era articulated at smaller toy size, so 3rd Party Legends are pretty much the be all end all for me right now. The size, the look, the quality. If Hasbro picked it up with the same design focus and size, I'd be happy to buy them, but I guess I don't ever see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  3. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Meh. Same thread, different year.
    Rinse, lather, repeat.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

No. The reason why I buy any 3rd party products is because I'm a Transformers fan.

• Like Like x 3
  5. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Yes. The masterpiece line hasn't made a figure I've wanted since Ironhide. All subsequent figures have been too expensive and too toon. Hasbro doesn't make legends so that puts me out of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Grumpy Old Bot

Grumpy Old Bot Well-Known Member

YES. HASBRO SUCKS! The fans do the best work and 3P has competition there is no competition tin the toy market so you only have crap as high $$$ to choose from.

7. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off. Hasbro/Takara can’t. But, for the sake of argument, if they did. No, I wouldn’t stop collecting.

8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    except it's not a "oh no hasbro are shutting down 3rd party " thread , it's what if it ever did happen what would you do and a poll on it ( if you find a thread exactly like this i will ask the mods to lock this one) :) 

yes but what would you do if it ever did happen? that's my question :) 

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Stop collecting transformers because the main company that owns and makes transformers stops others from making them.

Yeah, no. That’s idiotic.

Presumably you like Transformers so you only punish yourself by refusing to collecting any because you’re all butt hurt and pissy over Hasbro actually protecting the thing they own.

Ya know, pretending for a moment that this scenario will ever actually happen (it won’t).

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    No, but it would suck if I couldn't get a few more combiners from 3p. God knows Hasbro/TT ain't gonna do them o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

HasTak needs inspiration. 3p ain’t going nowhere.

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    well if you read through the thread you will see the main focus for most third party adult collectors is masterpiece and there are those that don't collect the side that is your generations/combiner wars/seige ect that is aimed at children too, so it's a very valid question when the official masterpiece line by takara only release 1 or 2 of new g1 molds a year and there's characters that they will never do

13. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

The thing is, Hasbro owns the rights but doesn't actually produce 90% of what they own. How long has the masterpiece line existed and how far along are they in making all the characters? It's pathetic. They're basically squatting on the IP. I would have a very different opinion if they produced the entire line of Masterpiece like they do with the cheap hollow Seige line, but they don't. It's called shit or get off the pot. "We're not going to complete the MP line, and neither is anyone else". That's just greedy corporate bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

So you wouldn’t be stopping buying Transformers because you already don’t buy Transformers. You only buy 3P figures.

15. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Owning the brand in no way requires them to produce the characters you want them to. And not making them in no way equates to squatting on the rights they have. Just an awfully ignorant argument.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Yes, 3P bring such innovation to the Transformers IP in regards to new stylizations and engineering ideas. I haven't bought anything official since First Edition Prime figures.

17. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long Answer: Absolutely. Right now in my collection I have a whopping 3 HasTak figures - MP Hot Rod and 2 Alternators. Everything else is 3PMP. I have a single active preorder for a first party figure (MP Lio Convoy) but about 8 3P figures.
    HasTak opened the door to TFs for me and 3P hooked me. Simple as that.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Thinking about making my own anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

The MP line killed my interest in the main line figures because it showed me that Hastak could do better if they wanted to. Third party killed most of my interest in Hastak MP for the same reason, so if 3rd party were to go away my collecting habit would mostly end up limited to a very, very small number of official releases. Engineering dumpster fires like the new bumblebee wouldn’t even get a second glance.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

I would be pissy about it happening for a while. Most of the 3rd party stuff I really want/like is stuff Hasbro/Takara isn't doing, like the super stylized takes on the characters (older Fansproject, Maketoy's Cross Dimensions, legends scaled stuff, etc.)

I haven't read any messages in the thread at all, so I'm guessing this is brought on by the Unicron incident. (<--- EDIT, just read the first post) With that in mind, I'd really like a way for Hasbro/Takara and 3rd parties to come to terms. Obviously there are plenty of people who want what 3rd party has to offer, and I like both 3P and official, so it would sour the enjoyment of the hobby a bit if 3P was to go away because of Hasbro or Takara.

Anyway, here's to hyptheticals. (insert some image of a person so drunk they aren't enjoying the drinking anymore, but they keep doing it)