What if Hastak put a stop to 3rd partys would you stop collecting transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Sep 15, 2019.

?

What if Hastak put a stop to 3rd partys would you stop collecting tf's?

1. yes

116 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. no

136 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. unsure

29 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. i won't stop but will slow my collecting down to a snails pace

120 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The question is whether 3Ps being stopped would impact your collecting of transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

My interest in Transformers lies with the products of Magic Square, Iron Factory, and the others making toys at Legends scale. Specifically those within that scale that look like the cartoon or the IDW comics.

I have bought stuff from the Siege line, but only because it is so very much improved over the usual HasTak toys (and even then I'm only truly happy with Starscream).

I want stuff that HasTak doesn't want to make. So while I might continue buying some Siege stuff, I would not buy anything else they offer. And Masterpiece, even ignoring the scale, doesn't interest me in the slightest - it just doesn't look good to me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Well-Known Member

My current goal is to collect all of Season 1, 2 and 86 Movie in MP scale. It’s getting close to complete. Aside from that, I also buy 3P legends and some main line figures. If 3P were to disappear, i would still buy mainline figures, but it would be sporadic. i wouldn’t want to try to buy them all, but I would buy my favourite characters or if the toy was made well.

I really enjoy the Siege line, with my favourite being Jetfire. That figure is outstanding and if Hasbro keeps hitting home runs like that, I would buy more often.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm more of G1 guy. But I don't have enough moolah to get all MPs.
    So I'm more of a main line Hasbro dude.

My only gripes of the main line is that Hasbro never did G1 honest to goodness aesthetic on it.
    And it only reserves for MP line and G1 re-issues.

Yeah I understand why the mainline while recycling TF's Big 4 (OP, BB, Megs, Scream) and others with re-imagined designs rather than sticking to G1 is to prolong the line and invigorate new fans.

If they stick to G1 design for the main line, the line will die short and no one might buy MPs that are G1 inspired.

Me personally, I didn't complete all main lines.
    I just get characters that looks closely like their G1 design.
    So it's a mix of CHUG varieties.

Since I'm not MP restricted fella, I'll buy Official ones but not all.
    Only selective.

I only get MPs for Displays. Not playing. CHUGS for Play and Display.

6. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    I really need to quit anyway. It's all too expensive & I already have too many. But 3rd party doesn't have much to offer me. I don't collect Masterpiece or Legends scale so there are very few 3rd party I want. And they keep making the same characters over & over again while totally ignoring others like Misfire, Triggerhappy, Slugslinger, Darkwing, Dreadwind & Doubledealer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I would still collect but only if it's worth my money. If they kept pumping out this over priced rubbish 400$ Prime and backpacking Bee, then it's a no. I choose what I think it's worth to buy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

Probably wouldn't stop me from buying altogether, but given that HasTak only releases one or two original MP moulds that are of any interest each year (if that), it would all but kill the hobby. They only seem interested in pumping out multiple versions of the same cash cows, or doing repaints. I mean, how many of the original G1 characters have they actually released at MP scale? Even if you limit it to season one only it's what, fewer than half? By my rough count there are thirteen Autobots and six Decepticons they haven't produced from that series alone.

Obviously this is based on my preference for collecting MP scaled, animation accurate season one, movie and some season two characters. Your mileage may vary etc.

9. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Hasbro cant put a stop to 3rd parties so lets stop this foolishness!

10. Lookout Mountain

Lookout Mountain Seeing it all.

I feel like I’m looking for a similar rubric - a rule to collect by, as opposed to just buying everything.

And 3rd party, especially Legends scale, gives me an affordable collection that looks good together. There are some HasTak things that fit into that, or are appealing enough to buy outside of that, but they’re generally too scattergun and expensive for me.

11. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

if 3rd party stopped tomorrow then so would i

for me 3rd party is transformers yeah sure hastak are nice and yeah sure they do some nice bits sometimes at prices the normal punter can afford great super smashing nice, but for me 3rd party is where the real fun is, figures i want giving me far more choice for prices i can afford

12. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm unsure bcuz every now and again Hastakomy gives me the CHUG figure of my dreams from time to time like the upcoming Apeface, and Unicron. At the end of the day i'm almost finished with my collection anyway though

13. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I hope they do put an end to 3rd partys. I am so tired of spending enormous amounts of money on bots with issues only to rebuy another version later! Tak has handily crushed every single 3rd party iteration anyway......

14. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    My life would ended before I can collect most of the MPs I wanted, if they can only come from Hastak.

15. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

I probably wouldn't stop collecting altogether, but it would definitely be a lot less and farther in between. Most of the Hasbro stuff disappoints me honestly, but sometimes I get something I like. Nothing against Hasbro, I just usually like what 3P churns out more.

16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd Still Buy Transformers unless they suck so badely that they loose all merit (Cyberverse seems keen on circling that particular plug hole at times).

If IP infringing Transformers 3rd party items "Vanished" I'd likely just buy whatever was decent that was robot, Sci Fi or Transformation based instead.

I'm more of a fan of the Transformation play pattern than I am Transformers specifically.

17. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

^^^this is pretty much me in a nutshell and i know this is purely a hypothetical.

but hasbro lost me when i was a child.

if there wasnt such an amazing 3p legends scene out there. i would have never dipped my toe back into the hasbro waters.

so that means i would not own any of the titans or my unicrons. the hasbro mp bots are kind of cool but nothing that could pull me in.

if it all stopped i would have no reason to buy anything from hasbro again.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    To answer the question well no i wouldn't simply cause i don't collect 3rd party to begin with. Yes,.....I admit i have a couple but that is cause Hasbro hasn't made them in plastic in several decades.

19. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

Third party manufacturers are the only reason I have MP versions of most of my favorite TF characters, including Jazz, Omega, Jetfire, the dinobots, combiners, etc, etc, etc. Most of us who grew up watching the original G1 cartoons and the Transformers movie will be compost before TT would theoretically finish the seasons 1-3 cast. The reality is that TT never will, so those of us looking for those characters in an MP scale have to go third party or GTFO.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    The most figures I have from HasTak are bought because I liked the figure (Jetfire and Soundwave), had it as a kid (all the PotP Prime Masters because I had Cloudburst) or it looks good with the 3P figures I have (PotP Slash looks good with the MFT Dinobots).

If 3P stopped, once in a while I might buy something I liked but it would be less than now. The regular just doesn't do it for me and I'm not going to start with MP. It would be like before I started with 3P, maybe 1 figure each year, maybe less as they where bought in local toy stores which where I live seem to have less and less Transformers each passing day.