What if Cybertron was in our solar system?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by VBBN, Jul 28, 2010.

1. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    I know, that's a weird question. Let me explain my thoughts. So lets say that Optimus comes down in a protoform and hits earth. He walks up to someone and says, "I am from Cybertron." Anyone would assume that he is from another solar system. But does he know that Jupiter is called Jupiter? No, that's what we named it. What if the planet we called Jupiter was actually Cybertron?

It's a strange question, but I have never seen that point raised before.

2. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I see where you're coming from, but since Jupiter has no surface that would be kind of impossible...

maybe Cybertron is floating out in the Kuiper Belt some where beyond Pluto/Charon and we just haven't spotted it yet?

3. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

A planet of indeterminate size made of solid metal in our solar system... Probably means we would have means to go and start harvesting resources on another planet by now.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Probably not because they probably would have detected Earth and the other planets as an energy source if they were that close a long time ago. Neat idea though.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron is often explicitly named to be outside though, in some continuities it orbits Alpha Centauri, in IDW it's around Scorpius, in Exodus it's hinted to be in another galaxy.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Humanity would be 100% skrewed

7. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I think if this was actually real we would have discovered their race long ago. Interesting idea though :D 

I've read some Science-Fiction here and there about Earth being named differently to another population of humans, aliens etc. and even in one of my own works about dinosaurs that evolved into a sentient state :lol 

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as others have pointed out its been pointed out that its in another solar system. Also given how much light and radio traffic that would be coming off it how the hell could we have not seen it or noticed it and took a closer look?

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It would explain Apple

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was being pretentious and over charging something they did on cybertron too... OH SNAP (lol I kid, I kid)

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the second question we'd ask would be "which system is Cybertron in?" and if he said "this one", then it would open up more questions like "why haven't we noticed your planet before" or "how come those probes we sent didn't find any trace of you" or stuff like that.

12. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron in our solar system? Well I guess that our world would have been completely different then. It could have been that the Cybertronians have created man on earth just to be a slave to the population of Cybertron. The same way the Quintesson created the TF to be slaves.

13. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I think even alpha centauri system is too close to earth. Shaula is actually good. It would also interesting if cybertron is a silicion or a carbon planet. I would like cybertron as a carbon planet, then there would be diamond mountains or even canyons, surface would be covered with carbides and graphite and instead water there would be oil oceans a perfect place for robots. And a terrestrial planet with the size of jupiter is impossible.

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when I was in school we learned that the orbits of Uranus and Neptune were slightly off for unexplainable reasons, and that led to the discovery of Pluto in 1930. We knew there was some massive object out there pulling on Uranus and Neptune. They quickly figured out that Pluto was too small to be affecting the other planets like that, and there must be something else out there. Was that mystery ever solved?

Anyway, if Cybertron was that far out wouldn't its surface be so cold that nothing could survive there? Yet we've seen Spike and friends in short sleeves.

15. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    If Cybertron was in our solar system for a long time (millions or billions of years), it would have changed the orbits of the other planets. Also, the Transformers could have over-run the Earth and changed it greatly. They could have pushed the evolution of terrestrial life in a whole new direction.

Here's an example of orbital changes. About 4 billion years ago, Jupiter and Saturn fell into synchronised orbits so that together they exerted more pull on the other planets, asteroids, etc. Neptune was thrown toward the Kuiper belt where it disturbed the orbits of some dwarf planets and millions of asteroids. It probably captured Triton and kept it as a moon. It may have also absorbed other dwarf planets. At about the same time, Jupiter and Saturn caused millions of rocks and asteroids to scatter through the solar system. Some of them smashed into the planets and moons all over the system, in what is known as the Late Heavy Bombardment.

Formation and evolution of the Solar System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For some time, I've thought that Cybertron might be able to teleport itself around the universe. Transformers are very hi-tech beings and they could have found a way to teleport their planet. Alternatively, if Primus lives inside Cybertron, he could do the teleporting since he is even more powerful than the Transformers. If Cybertron does suddenly appear in our solar system, it could have a big impact depending on its position, motion and duration of stay. I'm reminded of a recent episode of 'Dr. Who' where the Timelords' planet Gallifrey suddenly appears near Earth and starts to cause earthquakes. Luckily, the Doctor finds a way to send Gallifrey back again.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  16. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Actually... in the G1 cartoon, Cybertron was in our Solar System. In the Ultimate Doom, they actually transported it into the Sol System with a giant Space Bridge. From then on out, I've assumed it stayed there, as Starscream and other robots were able to get there simply by flying there without a need for the Space Bridge (i.e. Countdown to Extinction). Or perhaps I've just been overthinking a 25 year old cartoon.

Chances are the writers (and the fans) forgot this as that show wasn't big on continuity post Season 1, anyway.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I'm guessing in future wise, Optimus Primal and Picard could be buddies then.

Probably Shockwave would sent forces to Earth looking for Megatron after the crash. Probably making slaves of early humans too. As well killing off the offline Autobots in the Ark.

Then probably BW would never had taken place, BW Megatron would later rule Cybertron and Earth. Anything threats to him like Terrorsaur and Tarantulas would probably be melted down and used for statues of him on Earth.

18. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    we would have lasers that could disintegrate enemies and the autobots would be long gone

thats the way us insects are

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Cybertron 4+millions of years ago was in our solar system. then when the autobot verse decepticon war broke out. cybertron lost all of it's energy & drifted out of our solar system at incredibly high speeds. that's why it was so easy for the ark autobots to crash land on earth because they were already in our solar system. when the ark autobots slept on earth for 4 million years. cybertron kept drifting off into space.

I got this origin story above. from that generation one cartoon story treatment that was recently released on the internet a few weeks ago.that marvel TF comic writter wrote for the TF cartoon/comic/toy treatment then submitted it to hasbro.

20. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I don't think that's really possible. I mean, I think the human race in TF fiction would notice a strange metallic planet floating around our solar system, and that they had technology far beyond ours. I think that it'd be in a nearby solar system, but who knows?