What has more playability?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xeno, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Is it weird that I have more trouble with Long Haul? Mix is more complicated, but when you get it, everything just snaps into place. Getting Long Haul's front together takes a weird combination of muscle and millimeter precision.

Either way, set aside half an hour or more. Why do I love them both so much? :lol 

2. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    :lol  So, it seems to be a near draw.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If you're 10 years old or under (or buying for a kid) you'll probably like the PCC's more. Leader SS is definitely the better looking figure. The Aerial Bots look like something that Big Lots would carry, but as cheap KO's.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I got both Starscream and the PCC's. Starscream is an excellent statue. Very detailed and very awesome. But he is not a good "pew-pew-pew" toy. The PCC's on the other hand are good for desk wars anytime. Playtime are what PCC's were made for.

5. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    ^ This is the exact conclusion I came to last night, it appears that I am a desk war kind of guy. Also O- Vader my question was about playability, not aesthetic, I have tons of Transformers and many I choose due to their joint system, transformation and aesthetic, but in this case I want something as thenatureboywoo said will make a good pew-pew-pew toy. I'm sorry for the confusion.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I've got both. Over the last few months Leader Starscream has become my favourite Transformers figure that I've had in my 17 years of collecting.

The PCC stuff is reasonably amusing but Leader Starscream is special.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Please don't step on PCC just because "you" think its for kids. I am an adult, and I love it. Don't judge other people's interests.

I don't have Leader Starscream, but I have mostly heard good things about it. Leader scream is also almost double of what you gonna pay for a PCC 2/5 pack combi.

In all honesty, I LIKE PCC more. But just because I do, I don't go insult Leader scream as a crap toy.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, it wouldn't even occur to me to get a Leader class, or even a Voyager, as a, as you say, "pew-pew" toy.

My prized Animated Shockwave looms over my desk at work, but what do I play with? Activators Ratchet, who I don't even particularly like.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It is a very hard compairison to make. While both are technically toys, Leader SS is way more intricate, complex and by design: more fragile. Now depending on your definition of 'playing', PCC's would probably be more appelling to you. That is, they are easier to transform, have a great gimick and can be customized to a point.

Now, I do need to ask the question. Are you really thinking of returning an opened toy, that has nothing wrong with it, but only becuase it is not fun?

Really?

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I just think they look like shit, but that's just me (and going by the growing stacks of these things on store shelves I'm certainly not alone). Unless you designed them I wouldn't take offense to my opinion on this particular line. I don't really play with my toys that much, but I can see how these would be good for that. Although, I'm not too sure what you can do with these that you can't do with Leader SS other than connecting and disconnecting limbs over and over. My "playability" answer is still Leader SS though. You can make "pew-pew" noises with him too.

11. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Team Jetfire, I don't understand the severity of me returning a toy. And Vader like I previously said my question is about playability not aesthetic. I've heard your opinion and since you don't really play with your toys I don't understand your vigor in a discussion on that one thing: playability. I'm sorry for any confusion.

12. Bogard

Bogard Maverick Hunter Zero

Ebay:
    I collect for a combination of playability and display, and I believe the PCC would have more playability. Especially once you have different sets and deluxes.

13. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Sorry, my vigorous post wasn't intended to come across that way; I was just replying to posts that were directed towards me. I did go on to say that I think SS has more playability regardless of aesthetics. Not sure if you read that part. Good luck.

14. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    The Pcc limb sets are Meh. So far, the Combaticons are acceptable but the Aerialbots have some major Balance issues. I don't own any from the second wave so I can't speak for them. But if you get a limb set, get the Combaticons.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I just feel that places like Wal-Mart, Target and Toys R Us sell toys; not rent them. That being said, I'm sure that you are well with in your right as a customer to return anything you want, as long as you have a reciept.

Call me jaded from working in retail for so long, but I would say that if you were so unsure of your purchase you shouldn't have:

1. Bought the toy in the first place
    or
    2. Opened the thing

But, to each their own.

16. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    I'm with Team Jetfire. Stores like Target and TRU are retail outlets, not libraries.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Now, I don't have Leader Starscream, so I can't offer an honest opinion about him vs PCCs or anything else.

I DO, however, have other Leader Class toys, and by what you said in the quoted post, it sounds like the PCCs are the way to go. They're fun little guys, great for "desk wars" (I like that term, I'll have to remember it), but they are kinda limited for posability.

I play various computer games, including MMORPGs, where there's some loading times, and other times that require no input from the user - and I often will use that time to fiddle with or transform whatever toys I've got on my desk. While doing this, a leader class toy might take me an hour or two to completely switch from one mode to the other (as I'll stop when my game has finished its loading or cutscene or whatever it's doing), but I can often transform one PCC, pose him a little, stick a minicon on him or attach limbs, and still pay attention to a cutscene. Or do more if I'm just loading, or in the case of WoW, taking an auto-griffon from one location to another.

I don't doubt Leader Starscream is an awesome, awesome toy. If I had one, I sure as hell wouldn't return him for the sake of buying some PCCs. But... I bought my PCCs first, and will probably continue buying PCCs before I pick up Starscream. It's not that I think they're better, it's just the way I like to play with my toys. :) 

18. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Team Jetfire and SharkyMcshark, sometimes you think you'll like something, do your research and after a few days realize that you don't or it breaks, that's why they let you return them. I'm not here to be aggressed on trivial matters and I can't see why you'd like to harangue me on returning a toy.

Thank you, xeno

19. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    How are you being 'aggressed'? People expressing an opinion contrary to yours isn't people 'aggressing' you.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think this is a fair statement to make based on a line that was released less than a month ago. You can go into every major retail outlet right now and find ALL the new figures. Stores are ordering TF's left and right just to fill their shelves and not leave holes.

I would agree with you down the road if they're just sitting there like Cybertron Mudflap or ROTF Tuner Mudflap (whoa, just realized, that name must be cursed)

To the OP, if what you want is playability, it's PCC. The line has some QC going on right now, but I think future waves will iron those quirks out. Or, you just need to mess with the figure beyond what the instructions say to really unleash the awesomeness. So far the only PCC I need is Mudslinger and I love, love, love that every time I get a new figure I have to get all the other one's out and experiment with how they look. That = playability to me.